Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 484 of 565 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494534 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 8466
  1. #7246
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,132
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    This is what you said

    "You are the one trying to say your opinion overrides everyone elseís, the experts, the local govt etc"

    I have said numerous time that we should forget subjective opinion and try and categorize things based on objective measurement.

    How is it possible for you to interpret that as you think I feel my opinion should be the authority?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yes you have been all over the place so also said that. You say the word science a lot too. That doesn't change what your stance has been on the actual topics at hand. We already dug into that and you couldn't actually explain what those measures would look like in comparison.

    You have also ranted about atheism, made up false arguments/strawman, clearly misinterpreted what people were saying...

    Oh and have been arguing against people that claim what NY did was alright and not something illegal (based on opinion). You nitpicked to an extreme level the color coding aspect based on... you got it, your opinion. Much of this thread has been you using your opinion on this topic as the answer. That case has been the focus for most, your opinion on what to do has been yours. The main argument here for many is that Churches shouldn't be given special treatment compared to other businesses due to subjective opinion (by making other subjective opinion coming from experts/doctors/local governments illegal).
    Last edited by mngopher35; 12-03-2020 at 12:01 AM.

  2. #7247
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    96,022
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    oh please, you're just reaching...are you not one of the people who talked about the essential needs of liquor for an alcoholic? that that's a reason they're essential? Even if not you, you're still extrapolating to suggest money is the reason...there are far larger revenue sources a state could deem essential if tax revenue was their interest

    Who's on first?
    Listen you guys won and religious institutions were declared essential because reasons. Iím just saying that another stupid reason is why liquor stores are considered essential. Both businesses being considered essential is ****ing stupid.

    More people will get to die because people arenít particularly bright and we refuse to use common sense in what is declared essential by our politicians.

  3. #7248
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    96,022
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Ok, so you choose economy over lives?

    You agree with the trump approach?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I donít think there is any good reason for liquor stores to be considered essential. But they are for essentially the same reason as churches. Dolla dolla bills.

  4. #7249
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,382
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I donít think there is any good reason for liquor stores to be considered essential. But they are for essentially the same reason as churches. Dolla dolla bills.
    So then it definitely makes sense why a devout church goer walking by an open liquor store would try and make an argument that their church should be open too, right?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #7250
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55,561
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

  6. #7251
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    96,022
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So then it definitely makes sense why a devout church goer walking by an open liquor store would try and make an argument that their church should be open too, right?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It doesnít make sense that they would but plenty of people do irrational stuff. Hell we still have people going out and trying to not wear masks during the pandemic.

  7. #7252
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,330
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Listen you guys won and religious institutions were declared essential because reasons. Iím just saying that another stupid reason is why liquor stores are considered essential. Both businesses being considered essential is ****ing stupid.

    More people will get to die because people arenít particularly bright and we refuse to use common sense in what is declared essential by our politicians.
    We didn't 'win' anything, geezuz is that how you view this?!

    More people don't die because a place is deemed essential that you don't think should be.
    There are places YOU agree are essential where people are going to contract the virus and die from. But you're not concerned about them because YOU agree they're essential. The virus doesn't give two ***** about our politics, it's our adherence to sound protocols...whether in an essential place or not...that will be the biggest factor.

    Win....SMH
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #7253
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,382
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Yes you have been all over the place so also said that. You say the word science a lot too. That doesn't change what your stance has been on the actual topics at hand. We already dug into that and you couldn't actually explain what those measures would look like in comparison.

    You have also ranted about atheism, made up false arguments/strawman, clearly misinterpreted what people were saying...

    .
    Yes I did explain, I said they have to use a coefficient of some sort. If youre asking me to breakdown which exact coefficient parameters to use, you're asking me to put in months of full time work. I don't get paid to do that so I'm not gonna do that.

    Sorry about the atheism thing, it was unnecessary. I believe it to be a keen observation on my part, but it has clearly taken away from the convo at hand.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #7254
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,330
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It doesnít make sense that they would but plenty of people do irrational stuff. Hell we still have people going out and trying to not wear masks during the pandemic.
    which is more dangerous- wearing a mask in a non-essential business, or not wearing a mask in an essential one?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  10. #7255
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    96,022
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We didn't 'win' anything, geezuz is that how you view this?!

    More people don't die because a place is deemed essential that you don't think should be.
    There are places YOU agree are essential where people are going to contract the virus and die from. But you're not concerned about them because YOU agree they're essential. The virus doesn't give two ***** about our politics, it's our adherence to sound protocols...whether in an essential place or not...that will be the biggest factor.

    Win....SMH
    No the country lost. We have places that provide no essential benefit and explicitly encourage non-distanced attendance that are going to be able to have more people go in. There will be more infection and death because of that. People fighting against the countryís benefit won a short victory. But there will be people in those churches who donít make it to the spring.

    If a place is actually essential, then many more will die if they arenít operating. Thatís literally why they are essential. Itís amazing we donít know what essential means.

  11. #7256
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    15,578
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Ok, so you choose economy over lives?

    You agree with the trump approach?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Only when it fits his narrative. He'll about face tomorrow when he fits the other imaginary puzzle pieces together.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  12. #7257
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    15,578
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It doesnít make sense that they would but plenty of people do irrational stuff. Hell we still have people going out and trying to not wear masks during the pandemic.
    All 100 of them.

  13. #7258
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,132
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes I did explain, I said they have to use a coefficient of some sort. If youre asking me to breakdown which exact coefficient parameters to use, you're asking me to put in months of full time work. I don't get paid to do that so I'm not gonna do that.

    Sorry about the atheism thing, it was unnecessary. I believe it to be a keen observation on my part, but it has clearly taken away from the convo at hand.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    A coefficient of some sort is far from any legitimate answer. It's like saying the word science and thinking that alone is meaningful.

    If your point is it takes a lot of time and data to come up with comprehensive plans like the health experts/doctors/local governments have then I agree. That's actually a really great reason subjective opinion that one group should receive special treatment compared to all the others from people who haven't put in that time or have that data isn't that meaningful to most on this topic (especially given the attachment you have to religion if we want to talk about keen observations).
    Last edited by mngopher35; 12-03-2020 at 01:13 AM.

  14. #7259
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,382
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    The main argument here for many is that Churches shouldn't be given special treatment compared to other businesses due to subjective opinion (by making other subjective opinion coming from experts/doctors/local governments illegal).
    But if liquor stores are open, dont you see how people dont feel that is giving church special treatment?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #7260
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,382
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Listen you guys won and religious institutions were declared essential
    That's not a win for us. We both only want places to open safely. If churches open and end up being a super spreader, then we all actually lose, no one wins.

    I do not believe churches to be super spreaders in general any more than any other local liquor store, but if data comes out showing they are then I dont want them open.

    My whole point is, we should go according to the data.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •