Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 483 of 557 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 8349
  1. #7231
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,142
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    ....says the guy constantly assigning false statements to everyone that disagrees with him. If only you could see how truly ridiculous you come off.
    I'm just fascinated by how the subconscious minds effects the conscious mind. So I like to point these things out when I see it. That's why I mentioned the atheist agenda. Nobody here is consciously following it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #7232
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55,332
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I'm just fascinated by how the subconscious minds effects the conscious mind. So I like to point these things out when I see it. That's why I mentioned the atheist agenda. Nobody here is consciously following it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Always with this type of baseless drivel where you try to paint yourself as the only person who sees what's "really" going on. Just because you're delusional enough to believe the stupid **** you do, doesn't mean everyone else is.

    You claim to be an expert on science and epidemiology, yet say you'll refuse to take the COVID-19 vaccine. You constantly yap about how racist and how bad for this country Trump is, yet also said you can't really decide who you want to win the presidential race (before finally admitting that you don't even vote). You constantly bring up your religion and how important mosque is to you, yet claim you're "not religious".

    Basically everything that comes out of your mouth is a bunch of nonsensical hot air. In your mind though? You're the smartest guy in every room you enter.

  3. #7233
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,218
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Please make a list of each and every state that currently considers churches as essential businesses, oh wise one.
    Can you list the states where they're not?
    This stuff changes constantly......a number of states did list churches as essential earlier.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #7234
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    95,890
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So back in april.the state of florida deemed church an essential business.

    So according to this you agree that churches in Florida should be considered essential? If there were a group advocating to label it non essential, you guys would oppose it on grounds that the local govt labeled it essential?

    This question is open to all from media crew..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Just going to quote what I said a few pages back:

    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Tautologically, itís non-essential because it doesnít provide anything that a human needs to function. But also legally it is non-essential because the regulations outline what the government classifies as essential. Their job is to classify essential and non-essential services in determining how the health code will be administered.

    No matter how many people say it, people wanting things doesnít make them essential whether itís one person or everyone but one person.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  5. #7235
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,142
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Just going to quote what I said a few pages back:
    My post was to address those who posed the argument that what the govt deems essential is what should be followed.

    Your argument is different, my post doesn't address yours.

    The problem with your argument is it is still just opinion. We dont need electricity to function as humans, but we deem it essential. Same with many things like best buy, indoor dining, etc.
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #7236
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    95,890
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    My post was to address those who posed the argument that what the govt deems essential is what should be followed.

    Your argument is different, my post doesn't address yours.

    The problem with your argument is it is still just opinion. We dont need electricity to function as humans, but we deem it essential. Same with many things like best buy, indoor dining, etc.
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    There are two ways to think about it. One is the legal and the other is just the basic definition of the word. Essential services has a meaning based on the dictionary definition where essential means "a thing that is absolutely necessary". Religious services don't mean that criteria. There's just no argument that it is absolutely necessary. Then there is the legal aspect, which you pointed out the governor of Florida made saying that religious service was considered essential. He has the legal right to make that determination and there's a big reason why Florida's handling of COVID has been universally panned and criticized repeatedly.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  7. #7237
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,142
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    There are two ways to think about it. One is the legal and the other is just the basic definition of the word. Essential services has a meaning based on the dictionary definition where essential means "a thing that is absolutely necessary". Religious services don't mean that criteria. There's just no argument that it is absolutely necessary. Then there is the legal aspect, which you pointed out the governor of Florida made saying that religious service was considered essential. He has the legal right to make that determination and there's a big reason why Florida's handling of COVID has been universally panned and criticized repeatedly.
    All of americas response has been criticized, not just Florida.
    You said

    "Essential services has a meaning based on the dictionary definition where essential means "a thing that is absolutely necessary". Religious services don't mean that criteria. There's just no argument that it is absolutely necessary. "

    There dozens of entities listed as essential which are not absolutely necessary. Why are you singling out churches? What about Best Buy?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #7238
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,218
    Michigan, Ohio, Kansas...just a few more states who originally listed churches as essential or exempted from further restrictions. Some states didn't because they never actually locked down as a state. Liquor stores are considered essential and most here have agreed with that. Well guess where most AA meetings are held? If a liquor store is essential, certainly an AA meeting is.

    But none of this changes anything. Those without a religious affiliation are going to feel different than those who do, and not one of us has the power to change any of what we think should be changed.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #7239
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,102
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Quote me.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Quote what? You stating that if X is essential then Y is even if that isn't how local government/health experts/doctors in the area labeled it?

    If I quote something where you are arguing for something going against NY local government/health officials/doctors plan is that what you are asking for? I certainly can.

  10. #7240
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Michigan, Ohio, Kansas...just a few more states who originally listed churches as essential or exempted from further restrictions. Some states didn't because they never actually locked down as a state. Liquor stores are considered essential and most here have agreed with that. Well guess where most AA meetings are held? If a liquor store is essential, certainly an AA meeting is.

    But none of this changes anything. Those without a religious affiliation are going to feel different than those who do, and not one of us has the power to change any of what we think should be changed.
    I canít believe this is still going. Itís obviously subjective.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #7241
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    95,890
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Michigan, Ohio, Kansas...just a few more states who originally listed churches as essential or exempted from further restrictions. Some states didn't because they never actually locked down as a state. Liquor stores are considered essential and most here have agreed with that. Well guess where most AA meetings are held? If a liquor store is essential, certainly an AA meeting is.

    But none of this changes anything. Those without a religious affiliation are going to feel different than those who do, and not one of us has the power to change any of what we think should be changed.
    Liquor stores aren't essential. But legally speaking they are considered essential for one very key reason: $$$$. They bring in a ridiculous amount of tax revenue for the states. They also happen to fall under food/restaurant for most states. But the money is the reason they are really considered essential.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  12. #7242
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,218
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Liquor stores aren't essential. But legally speaking they are considered essential for one very key reason: $$$$. They bring in a ridiculous amount of tax revenue for the states. They also happen to fall under food/restaurant for most states. But the money is the reason they are really considered essential.
    oh please, you're just reaching...are you not one of the people who talked about the essential needs of liquor for an alcoholic? that that's a reason they're essential? Even if not you, you're still extrapolating to suggest money is the reason...there are far larger revenue sources a state could deem essential if tax revenue was their interest

    Who's on first?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #7243
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,142
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Quote what? You stating that if X is essential then Y is even if that isn't how local government/health experts/doctors in the area labeled it?

    If I quote something where you are arguing for something going against NY local government/health officials/doctors plan is that what you are asking for? I certainly can.
    This is what you said

    "You are the one trying to say your opinion overrides everyone elseís, the experts, the local govt etc"

    I have said numerous time that we should forget subjective opinion and try and categorize things based on objective measurement.

    How is it possible for you to interpret that as you think I feel my opinion should be the authority?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #7244
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,142
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I canít believe this is still going. Itís obviously subjective.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you.

    Someone gets it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #7245
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,142
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Liquor stores aren't essential. But legally speaking they are considered essential for one very key reason: $$$$. They bring in a ridiculous amount of tax revenue for the states. They also happen to fall under food/restaurant for most states. But the money is the reason they are really considered essential.
    Ok, so you choose economy over lives?

    You agree with the trump approach?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •