Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 149 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3385
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I would place the blame, more so, on the our leadership for sending mixed messages. There was never a firm, concise message to take this seriously. You have Donald ignoring it, the republicans leadership followed his lead all to protect the economy. I wasn't joking when I kept asking were was Biden. The democrat leadership was MIA during this as well, outside criticizing Donnie T for political advantage.

Everybody in Washington knows that Donald was incapable of handling this crisis, but no one steps up to take the reins. I could be wrong, but I really feel our political system fails us when we most needed them for a united front, leadership, and political weight to hammer home the importance of testing, staying at home, and wearing a face mask. If that meant arresting people who didn't comply, so be it even if it includes cops. Personal rights have their limitations when the public health is at stake.

People may criticize China for the way they handle this pandemic, but they aren't being banned from other countries or have the death rate we have.
    Our system isn't setup for someone else to take the reins. It is designed for the president to take the reins and the people to not be stupid enough to elect someone woefully unqualified to take the reins.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Our system isn't setup for someone else to take the reins. It is designed for the president to take the reins and the people to not be stupid enough to elect someone woefully unqualified to take the reins.
    If the vice president and a majority of sitting Cabinet secretaries determine the president cannot discharge the powers and duties of his office they can remove them. For this to happen, they'd have to write a letter to the president pro tempore of the senate and speaker of the house of representatives and inform them they do not think Trump can fulfill his duties. Trump would have 21 days to convince Congress he's fit to be president if this occurred.
    A two-third majority in both houses of Congress would have to vote in favor of keeping the vice president in charge of formally remove the president.

In theory, it could be invoked if a president was putting the country at risk through IRRESPONSIBLE and BIZARRE behavior.

Section 4 of the 25th amendment to the US Constitution, which was ratified in 1967.

From Elite Daily.

There is other ways to undermine his leadership on handling this crises as well.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-01-2020 at 12:47 PM.

So, what is Congress good for? Is our system set up to give them a voice?
    As much as some want to infer it, we don't live in a Dick Tater Ship.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The president doesn't have the legal authority to override the states with out declaring a disaster or Marshall law.

We could have contract tracing now, all they need to do is require everyone with a smart phone to install a covid-19 tracing app and to always carry their phone and leave it on, there is just a minor civil liberties issue to overcome, China didn't have any issues getting their citizens to willingly comply.

Google and Apple have already installed the foundation on Android and IOS phones, for android its under settings, google.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    The president doesn't have the legal authority to override the states with out declaring a disaster or Marshall law.

We could have contract tracing now, all they need to do is require everyone with a smart phone to install a covid-19 tracing app and to always carry their phone and leave it on, there is just a minor civil liberties issue to overcome, China didn't have any issues getting their citizens to willingly comply.

Google and Apple have already installed the foundation on Android and IOS phones, for android its under settings, google.

Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post

Republicans won't install the app though, because they are conspiracy theorists who think the vaccine will be a chip so they can track you.

Downloading a COVID-19 app to them will mean the government is now stealing all your info and tracking and spying on you via the app, which is against our civil rights, even though these people are the same ones who had such a huge problem with players exercising freedom of speech by kneeling during the national anthem.

Freedom! (except when they don't approve)

Ridiculous.

They bent over and took it with the Patriot Act.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    They bent over and took it with the Patriot Act.
    There was a foreign enemy in the equation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    There was a foreign enemy in the equation
    Check me if Iím wrong, but didít our Komander-in-Chief label this the Chinese Virus ó dammit, thatís a good enough foreign enemy for me.

Which our leaders use to their benefit to cut civil liberties and privacy. Too many bad policies coming out of the "need to fight terrorism" including constant warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Check me if Iím wrong, but didít our Komander-in-Chief label this the Chinese Virus ó dammit, thatís a good enough foreign enemy for me.
    even his supporters know heís an idiot

Why is the Moron-in-Chief still talking about COVID like it's just going to magically go away?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    even his supporters know heís an idiot

are you suggesting him saying Kung Flu was ill-advised?

But this is another thing that should have been done at a national level....if a covid tracking app is actually a viable thing for people to be doing, it shouldn't be left to each state to come up with their own version...even tho some apparently work together......3 states using the one my state has, yet Minnesota is literally a stone's throw from me and uses something different.

It is a bit 1984ish, but some don't realize that much of what these apps are doing are already being done on their phones now...the main extra being notifications if people's are near someone who's been near a positive someone who's tested positive.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    are you suggesting him saying Kung Flu was ill-advised?
    I donít think matters. He might be able to get some fools to revisit internment camps for the Chinese based on his rhetoric but he not going to get everyone agree to an app [emoji2373]