Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 146 of 225 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3362
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I hate to break it to you but I think almost all of us are gonna get it over the next several years. You can keep clinging to the belief that it's gonna go away.
    \

We're so incompetent that this is the argument now. Brilliant. "Give up. Everyone's gonna get it. Whatever!"

There have been more cases in Florida (21 million people) than all of Europe (747 million). I know "we're bigger than [insert country] is the oft used argument to justify the United States not even trying to do anything good for its citizens, but as always, it's nonsense. So don't bother. You're resorting to this argument because of how incompetent our government is. Both things greater than Trump but obviously also because of his Adminstration. Not to mention how we're the only country with so many insane people that wearing a mask has turned into some insane political/cultural war. That doesn't help either!

You wouldn't have to use this defense if our government was actually capable of handling anything. But alas, expecting the US Government to actually do good for its people has always been asking to much, just how y'all like it!
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    There's cases rising in a lot of places right now...young people not social distancing seems more the issue than the protests given many of the increase appear to have nothing to do with them
    Given that most states aren't asking if you took part in a protest, there are no questions being asked, so like 90% its just a theory that millions of people gather, some practicing using masks and others ignoring it would lead to transmission and infection rates increasing along with everything else going on.
    Many protest people probably dispersed back home so the infection increase may not be in the city or county where the protest was held.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

The numbers are there: this virus is rising rapidly in certain locales. That is a fact, and given what we know about this virus, that is NOT a good thing. For the population AND for the economy.

We also know why it is rising rapidly, and we know how to slow its march. But....

There’s a great expression (in German) related to chess: “zugzwang.” It means “being in a position where you have to move, but none of moves you can make are favorable.”

It's ok guys. The Republicans "know" this is all a liberal hoax and will end right after the election. Apparently the democrats have so much pull that they have conspired with every country in the world to pretend the virus is serious and to shut down their country in order to trick our people into voting Trump out of office.

LOL Republicans = Biggest ****ing conspiracy theorists ever! 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The numbers are there: this virus is rising rapidly in certain locales. That is a fact, and given what we know about this virus, that is NOT a good thing. For the population AND for the economy.

We also know why it is rising rapidly, and we know how to slow its march. But....

There’s a great expression (in German) related to chess: “zugzwang.” It means “being in a position where you have to move, but none of moves you can make are favorable.”
    The virus has mutated and they believe part of the mutation may be part of the reason for more cases.
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...d-15373472.php

"G" hasn't just dominated the outbreak in Chicago - it has taken over the world. Now scientists are racing to figure out what it means.

At least four laboratory experiments suggest that the mutation makes the virus more infectious, although none of that work has been peer-reviewed. Another unpublished study led by scientists at Los Alamos National Laboratory asserts that patients with the G variant actually have more virus in their bodies, making them more likely to spread it to others.

The mutation doesn't appear to make people sicker, but a growing number of scientists worry that it has made the virus more contagious.
    "
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

lovely, the damn thing is learning faster than we are
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    The virus has mutated and they believe part of the mutation may be part of the reason for more cases.
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...d-15373472.php

"G" hasn't just dominated the outbreak in Chicago - it has taken over the world. Now scientists are racing to figure out what it means.

At least four laboratory experiments suggest that the mutation makes the virus more infectious, although none of that work has been peer-reviewed. Another unpublished study led by scientists at Los Alamos National Laboratory asserts that patients with the G variant actually have more virus in their bodies, making them more likely to spread it to others.

The mutation doesn't appear to make people sicker, but a growing number of scientists worry that it has made the virus more contagious.
    "
    Not surprising given that this is what viruses do. Presumably, this “G” mutation occurred months ago if it is the one that hit Europe and NYC as well as Cook County.

The big unknown is what a potential next mutation will bring.

Donald Trump promised that we would be respected around the world. Well Russia is putting out hits on our soldiers and the EU is barring our citizens from entry because we refused to take COVID seriously as of July 1st. Somehow I don't feel very respected...
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Donald Trump promised that we would be respected around the world. Well Russia is putting out hits on our soldiers and the EU is barring our citizens from entry because we refused to take COVID seriously as of July 1st. Somehow I don't feel very respected...
    They pity us around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They pity us around the world.
    We are sadly extremely pitiable. I can't think of much right that we've done with regard to coronavirus. On a local, state, or federal level. We've decided that masks and social distancing are policies to be debated and not basic medical recommendations. It's like we tried to decide whether testing body temperature for a fever was political. As though there are two sides that can be debated and maybe having a temperature of 90 degrees was really a sign of a fever.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Deaths still going down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Deaths still going down

Well, hold on to that, should play out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Deaths still going down

Are they?

You mean to tell me that soon more dead will get healthy?

Was very satisfying to figuratively see Dr. Fauci go at Ron Paul like his neighbor. Rand comes with some bull**** about how Fauci is telling sports teams and leagues to not start playing and Fauci tells him that he has never told any team or league that and tells Rand what he really said.
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

I get that zugzwang feeling when I am in the small booth, around Nov. 2., voting.