Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Donald Trump calls for the termination of our Constitution

This deserves its own thread. Here’s the full statement:

https://truthsocial.com/users/realDo...49803240069864
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

Wow so calls to just blow up the Constitution because you lost are baked into the calculus now. This is just a normal thing…

Wow so calls to just blow up the Constitution because you lost are baked into the calculus now. This is just a normal thing…
    and his cult members are gonna eat it up and agree with everything forgetting if they blow up the constitution they immediately lose their free speech and right to bear arms both of which they cling to like its a security blanket.

Wish he'd just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Wish he'd just go away.
    sad thing is even if He himself would go away, he has opened the door for others just like him to stand up and take his place.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    sad thing is even if He himself would go away, he has opened the door for others just like him to stand up and take his place.
    Hopefully the American people are smart enough next time to see the obvious signs. Trump has always been this person and people who were paying attention knew it would rear its ugly head at some point. The thing is Democrats have to come up with more palatable candidates than Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden as well. Yes I know they both won the popular vote but there were enough red flags with Hillary in terms of her likability. Not to mention, Biden loses the election in 2020 if not for the pandemic and how Trump mishandled it.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Hopefully the American people are smart enough next time to see the obvious signs. Trump has always been this person and people who were paying attention knew it would rear its ugly head at some point. The thing is Democrats have to come up with more palatable candidates than Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden as well. Yes I know they both won the popular vote but there were enough red flags with Hillary in terms of her likability. Not to mention, Biden loses the election in 2020 if not for the pandemic and how Trump mishandled it.
    The media, at least, is starting to take some notice of the way they built up Trump in 2016 and treated him and Clinton as if they were on equal footing with equal problems.

The Democrats are always going to have the problem of being a party that encompasses a lot of groups that aren't always pulling in the same direction, though. People that see compromise as a dirty word are always going to struggle to win the nomination, because it's always going to be necessary to get the support of different groups with different interests and priorities.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

I actually see a morsel of value in Trump’s position here — no doubt, however, for vastly different reasons and to vastly different ends.

I do believe that the US Constitution needs a revision, one that goes beyond the process currently embedded therein, which is articulated in Article V (procedure for amendments).

the party that has used the constitution like a crutch over time even when it makes no sense, will now shift to wanting to tear it up because their leader wants it done.

What a time to live in..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    the party that has used the constitution like a crutch over time even when it makes no sense, will now shift to wanting to tear it up because their leader wants it done.

What a time to live in..
    Let's be specific, they will want to tear it up and replace it with a white christian male version (not that the current one isn't already heavily in their favor, but still.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I actually see a morsel of value in Trump’s position here — no doubt, however, for vastly different reasons and to vastly different ends.

I do believe that the US Constitution needs a revision, one that goes beyond the process currently embedded therein, which is articulated in Article V (procedure for amendments).
    Well there's nothing wrong with modifying the document within the rules that are prescribed. But that's not what he's saying at all. He's saying that it should be thrown out entirely because he lost an election.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Let's be specific, they will want to tear it up and replace it with a white christian male version (not that the current one isn't already heavily in their favor, but still.....)
    oh they don't want to amend, they want to get rid of it.

Again, the piece of paper that right wing nuts have been pointing to for 200 years, suddenly they will want to get rid of.

The GOP has literally become the party of 6 year olds, who want to constantly bend the rules to their favor. Sportsmanship? WTF is that...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Well there's nothing wrong with modifying the document within the rules that are prescribed. But that's not what he's saying at all. He's saying that it should be thrown out entirely because he lost an election.
    Gee, thanks for the insight. Maybe next time you should actually read the post you quote.

Republicans on if they will raise taxes on the wealthy: HELL NO!

Republicans on if they will support a person who will terminate the Constitution: HELL YES!

Republicans on if they will raise taxes on the wealthy: HELL NO!

Republicans on if they will support a person who will terminate the Constitution: HELL YES!
    I guess I have never understood the Republicans obssession with being anti-tax. something has to pay for the roads, schools, public properties, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast