Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 383 of 427 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 6402
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    He doesn’t have one. He’s a phony stoner who thinks he’s smart.
    lmao savage

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Upset? lol I had nothing to be upset about, my thinking wasn't wrong or confused. You simply chose to read it that way.

Please tell me what part of the CARES Act allows for money to be sent to hospitals for non-Medicare Covid patients. My recollection (and I read a LOT of it) doesn't allow for that, unless you're talking about funds sent (their version of PPP money) to help with Covid expenses, which wasn't specifically incentivizing Covid.

But yes, you were trying to school me. You may not have intended to, but that's certainly how it came off.

The only thing I'm really taking seriously...is this damn pandemic.
    You stated that it could be inflated. I respond that they are. The system incentivizes the inflated numbers so as a hospital, you would be stupid not to inflate it. It's a byproduct of the system and I'm not casting any negativity towards the healthcare workers... They are told what to do and do it.

Me saying you were months old is just to refer back to it being reported months ago. I don't expect everyone to be up-to-date but since you claimed that your friend just told you that last night, I assumed that you probably didn't read the story. What your friend said was reported months ago is what I was trying to get at. If it came out offensive, I apologize. It's an online forums site so my wording can be direct when I try not to be.

As for the funding:

https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/care...ml?language=en

Just read it... there's too many to list. Hospitals and healthcare providers will receive more $ if it's COVID-related. That's all you need to know. Medicare is a large part of it but it's just one part of the funding - not all.

So really, where did I try to school you? You state it could be inflated, I said it is.
    You state that your friend just told you last night to which I respond that the story came out months ago.

Everything I said was in response to what you wrote.

Again, tho...I mentioned the funds the CARES Act distributed to healthcare facilities. And yes, funds that were distributed because of the pandemic. That wasn't the question. The question was whether these facilities are being incentivized to list a patient as Covid, that that's not there. They're getting funds to replace extra costs due to the pandemic, but doesn't specifically get them money according to the quantity of Covid patients they service.

My questions after my conversation with my friend last night was not the first time I'd heard of overreporting, it was just the first time I'd had an actual healthcare worker validate they believe it to be happening, and happening locally. To this point I'd assumed there had been an overreporting of any overreporting.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Again, tho...I mentioned the funds the CARES Act distributed to healthcare facilities. And yes, funds that were distributed because of the pandemic. That wasn't the question. The question was whether these facilities are being incentivized to list a patient as Covid, that that's not there. They're getting funds to replace extra costs due to the pandemic, but doesn't specifically get them money according to the quantity of Covid patients they service.

My questions after my conversation with my friend last night was not the first time I'd heard of overreporting, it was just the first time I'd had an actual healthcare worker validate they believe it to be happening, and happening locally. To this point I'd assumed there had been an overreporting of any overreporting.
    So which way does your friend lean politically?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    You stated that it could be inflated. I respond that they are. The system incentivizes the inflated numbers so as a hospital, you would be stupid not to inflate it. It's a byproduct of the system and I'm not casting any negativity towards the healthcare workers... They are told what to do and do it.

Me saying you were months old is just to refer back to it being reported months ago. I don't expect everyone to be up-to-date but since you claimed that your friend just told you that last night, I assumed that you probably didn't read the story. What your friend said was reported months ago is what I was trying to get at. If it came out offensive, I apologize. It's an online forums site so my wording can be direct when I try not to be.

As for the funding:

https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/care...ml?language=en

Just read it... there's too many to list. Hospitals and healthcare providers will receive more $ if it's COVID-related. That's all you need to know. Medicare is a large part of it but it's just one part of the funding - not all.

So really, where did I try to school you? You state it could be inflated, I said it is.
    You state that your friend just told you last night to which I respond that the story came out months ago.

Everything I said was in response to what you wrote.
    If we didn’t test so much there wouldn’t be so many dead people. Your old on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I offered you $1,000 to show me your MD license. Should be a gimme for you if what you said is true. Let's do it?
    If you give me two thousand bucks, I'll show you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

He disappeared and then proceeds to call me low IQ for claiming that there are Trump supporters who are afraid of being vocal Trump supporters.

He clearly doesn't understand much of anything. And how ignorant does someone have to be to not know that vocal Trump supporters are blackballed by large companies because these large companies don't want to face negative PR? But hey, if he's an MD, I would stay away from him. No way am I trusting a doctor who can't accept basic info.
    Damn, its gotta be pretty tough being a trunp.supporter in america. You almost get treated the same way racist *** trump.supporters treat minorities. What a tragedy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

The numbers are inflated. You're actually months old on this. Hospitals make more by reporting COVID patients because they get more federal funding. The incentive for hospitals to link patients to COVID is highly profitable. Now, I'm not saying these individuals are sick and twisted money hungry scumbags but it's just how the process is when money is involved and since there is still much to know about COVID, listing COVID as the cause of death is easier to do. The story came out months ago that COVID alone is mainly life threatening if you're an elder or have a compromised immune system. So if you're obese and have lung problems, then you are highly susceptible to being really ill from COVID. To the majority of young population, COVID isn't going to be life threatening in the overwhelming amount of cases. Inflated? Yes. Still deadly? Also yes. Hospitals are notorious for overcharging and milking the system. People who blame healthcare being so expensive in America... yeah, look at your hospitals for that. My grandma has medicare because she is of age. She felt ill three years ago when it was freezing cold. After a day, they determined that all she had was a small case of pneumonia. She should have been good to go home that same day but they pressured her into staying in the hospital for at least three more days. Why? Because the hospitals can fill up one more bed and charge the government for more $ despite knowing that all she needed to do was rest up and turn the heat on higher. Hospitals are very corrupt but since they are also saving lives, people don't see it as such.
    Unless you're arguing that they are making up cases of COVID, they aren't over-reporting. If the person had COVID, they had COVID. It's not a shade of gray. Even if COVID wasn't the one and only thing that killed people, it definitely exacerbated existing issues to the point where they died. Arguing that isn't important is like saying that the bullet didn't kill the shooting victim and that the blood loss did and feeling some smug sense of satisfaction from it.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If we didn’t test so much there wouldn’t be so many dead people. Your old on this
    Also, remember that the whole rest of the world is in on this scam — inflating their numbers so US hospitals can pad their bills.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    So which way does your friend lean politically?
    forwards

I have no idea, we've never talked politics...I normally don't
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

forwards

I have no idea, we've never talked politics...I normally don't
    Fair enough (and usually a good call).

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Unless you're arguing that they are making up cases of COVID, they aren't over-reporting. If the person had COVID, they had COVID. It's not a shade of gray. Even if COVID wasn't the one and only thing that killed people, it definitely exacerbated existing issues to the point where they died. Arguing that isn't important is like saying that the bullet didn't kill the shooting victim and that the blood loss did and feeling some smug sense of satisfaction from it.
    Yeah but do you know how the electoral college system works? I'm still wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Also, remember that the whole rest of the world is in on this scam — inflating their numbers so US hospitals can pad their bills.
    What's even funnier is even using the "real" and not inflated numbers today, they are far higher than the real number of deaths 5 months ago that they were saying it was inflated.

"It's not at 40,000 deaths, that's inflated. It's only at 20,000"

"It's not at 100,000 deaths, that's inflated. It's only at 50,000"

"It's not at 200,000 deaths, that's inflated. It's only at 100,000".

OK, well now the "real" death total is over double the inflated total was 6 months ago. So it's a bigger problem today even using the "real" numbers than you said it wasn't 6 months ago.

Yeah but do you know how the electoral college system works? I'm still wondering.
    Yes I do. Each state is allocated electors based on their congressional representation. States that get 3 electors do so because they have one at-large representative plus two senators. They once again get overweighted in our system far higher than their population warrants.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yes I do. Each state is allocated electors based on their congressional representation. States that get 3 electors do so because they have one at-large representative plus two senators. They once again get overweighted in our system far higher than their population warrants.
    Thank you. Glad I can help you with that.