Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 818 of 956 FirstFirst ... 318718768808816817818819820828868918 ... LastLast
Results 12,256 to 12,270 of 14331
  1. #12256
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,932
    German Lopez of Vox wrote in an editorial that “Mandates should be treated as a last resort: The cities and states that, for example, haven’t tried cash incentives for vaccination could try that first.”

    (Starting tomorrow, New York City will give $100 to many residents who receive their first dose.).

    While I recognize that the money may be well spent in light of the possible negative economic effects of returning to Covid-related restrictions, it angers me that people will get rewarded for acting selfishly (after all, if these people will be suddenly induced by cash to get vaccinated now, it is pretty damn clear that there was no real ideological or lifestyle barrier that kept them from getting vaccinated earlier).

  2. #12257
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    Got to take a win where you can. The objective is to get people vaccinated without going the China's route of being repressive about it.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  3. #12258
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    German Lopez of Vox wrote in an editorial that “Mandates should be treated as a last resort: The cities and states that, for example, haven’t tried cash incentives for vaccination could try that first.”

    (Starting tomorrow, New York City will give $100 to many residents who receive their first dose.).

    While I recognize that the money may be well spent in light of the possible negative economic effects of returning to Covid-related restrictions, it angers me that people will get rewarded for acting selfishly (after all, if these people will be suddenly induced by cash to get vaccinated now, it is pretty damn clear that there was no real ideological or lifestyle barrier that kept them from getting vaccinated earlier).
    There should be far higher rewards for people who have already gotten their first dose and even higher for those who got both doses.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  4. #12259
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,932
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Got to take a win where you can. The objective is to get people vaccinated without going the China's route of being repressive about it.
    I’m not sure I agree. I suppose it depends upon the goal.

    If the goal is to reduce the number who can get sick to the point of hospitalization — thus relieving potential pressure on health care resources — maybe there is some merit to a inducements such as this, particularly if the incentive programs are highly localized.

    If the goal is some form of long-term herd immunity kind of thing, well then, frankly I believe that programs like this are simply throwing good money after bad, so to speak. Not enough folks will take advantage of these inducements to get the country anywhere near where it needs to be.

    Neverthless, my frustration remains over the general lack of effort on the part of the citizens of this country.

  5. #12260
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I’m not sure I agree. I suppose it depends upon the goal.

    If the goal is to reduce the number who can get sick to the point of hospitalization — thus relieving potential pressure on health care resources — maybe there is some merit to a inducements such as this, particularly if the incentive programs are highly localized.

    If the goal is some form of long-term herd immunity kind of thing, well then, frankly I believe that programs like this are simply throwing good money after bad, so to speak. Not enough folks will take advantage of these inducements to get the country anywhere near where it needs to be.

    Neverthless, my frustration remains over the general lack of effort on the part of the citizens of this country.
    I agree that not enough folks will take advantage of these inducements to matter much, but with the growing inducement to get vaccinated if you want to work at some companies it adds up.

    HAHAHA, join the club of being frustrated with the lack of public effort in anything but supporting these two parties.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  6. #12261
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,737
    So maybe they could have gotten some doctors to speak with or…


  7. #12262
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,375

  8. #12263
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,492
    I would say the GOP would have to top that list.


    "The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

  9. #12264
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,492
    And, of course he understands that. He's an idiot but he's not dumb, if you catch my meaning. This is purely playing to the base, and pious, god-fearing Ted Cruz doesn't give a damn if more people die because of the things he says and does.

    This is the same guy whose wife was insulted by Trump and he still bent the knee. He's the same guy that decided to flee Texas and fly to Cancun when people were literally dying without power in his state, and then blamed it on his children when it shockingly blew up in his face. He's absolutely soulless. Even Lindsey Graham said as much publicly before the 2016 election and he bent the knee.


    "The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

  10. #12265
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,375
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    And, of course he understands that. He's an idiot but he's not dumb, if you catch my meaning. This is purely playing to the base, and pious, god-fearing Ted Cruz doesn't give a damn if more people die because of the things he says and does.

    This is the same guy whose wife was insulted by Trump and he still bent the knee. He's the same guy that decided to flee Texas and fly to Cancun when people were literally dying without power in his state, and then blamed it on his children when it shockingly blew up in his face. He's absolutely soulless. Even Lindsey Graham said as much publicly before the 2016 election and he bent the knee.
    The lines are becoming blurred to me now. The line between ignorance and blatant disregard for your fellow human being. Dumbass was just the first adjective that came to mind. *******, piece of ****, human garbage are all fitting descriptions. The thing is you know there are members of the GOP who genuinely don't understand anything about this virus. A year and a half in and they're just as clueless as they were in January of 2020. I just wonder who they are.

    This isn't overly complicated though and no one should give it the time of day but of course people will. What applies today might be different tomorrow because variables change. All anyone from the GOP should be saying is get the vaccine (if you physically can) and do what's best to mitigate the spread. Instead they'd rather raise straw after straw slowing down any progress that is made.

  11. #12266
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,492
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The lines are becoming blurred to me now. The line between ignorance and blatant disregard for your fellow human being. Dumbass was just the first adjective that came to mind. *******, piece of ****, human garbage are all fitting descriptions. The thing is you know there are members of the GOP who genuinely don't understand anything about this virus. A year and a half in and they're just as clueless as they were in January of 2020. I just wonder who they are.

    This isn't overly complicated though and no one should give it the time of day but of course people will. What applies today might be different tomorrow because variables change. All anyone from the GOP should be saying is get the vaccine (if you physically can) and do what's best to mitigate the spread. Instead they'd rather raise straw after straw slowing down any progress that is made.
    I think that number is vanishingly small, and what few exist do so intentionally.

    As soon as COVID was a "Democrat hoax" and masks were a political issue, we were ****ed.

    And now Delta is here, and we're extra strength ****ed.

    The delta variant of the coronavirus appears to cause more severe illness than earlier variants and spreads as easily as chickenpox, according to an internal federal health document that argues officials must “acknowledge the war has changed.”
    Back in November of 2020, they were giving Original Flavor COVID an R0 of between 1.5 and 3.5.

    What is the R0 of Chickenpox? Between 10 and 12.

    That, on top of this:

    “Although it’s rare, we believe that at an individual level, vaccinated people may spread the virus, which is why we updated our recommendation,” according to the federal health official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. “Waiting even days to publish the data could result in needless suffering and as public health professionals we cannot accept that.”
    Could mean things are going to get worse before they get better, and a lot more people are going to die unnecessarily.

    All because he wanted the crowd to cheer for him.


    "The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

  12. #12267
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,566
    Where is the new science that the mask mandate is becoming mandatory? Spreading among the unvaccinated is not a country wide issue. It's an unvaccinated issue, no?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  13. #12268
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,737
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Where is the new science that the mask mandate is becoming mandatory? Spreading among the unvaccinated is not a country wide issue. It's an unvaccinated issue, no?
    Did you bother going the CDC website when looking for this guidance?

    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  14. #12269
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,566
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Did you bother going the CDC website when looking for this guidance?

    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html
    I did not. Thanks.

    I read the link as well as the link for schools and perhaps I missed it. Why do vaccinated people need to wear masks again? What science discovery has happened to make this a new requirement?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  15. #12270
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    100,737
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I did not. Thanks.

    I read the link as well as the link for schools and perhaps I missed it. Why do vaccinated people need to wear masks again? What science discovery has happened to make this a new requirement?
    Because the vaccine is not perfect and does not have a 100% efficacy and with the new variant being more contagious (I've heard comparisons to chicken pox in terms of how contagious it is).
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •