Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 375 of 477 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 7155
    What additional money are you thinking hospitals get?
    It's been a common mistaken rumor that hospitals get paid more if a patient is listed as a Covid patient.
    The reality of the CARES Act is that this is only true for MEDICARE patients who die. And that reality follows the fact the hospital will have incurred larger COSTS having housed and cared for those patients.
    That I'm aware a non-Medicare patient or even a Medicare patient who survives yields nothing 'extra' in payments. The reality, too, is that what Medicare pays on EVERYthing is below the rate hospitals would normally charge...which, in turn, then gets added to their charge for everyone else to recoup it.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The experts have determined that the numbers are likely well underreported than overreported.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

With number going up in the mid west i think we are now really seeing the effects of Trumpís down playing the virus/politizing the virus. Conservatives in these areas have need told the numbers are fake and itís a city problem from the start. A lot of them didnít know anyone who got infected so they donít follow guidelines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    What additional money are you thinking hospitals get?
    It's been a common mistaken rumor that hospitals get paid more if a patient is listed as a Covid patient.
    The reality of the CARES Act is that this is only true for MEDICARE patients who die. And that reality follows the fact the hospital will have incurred larger COSTS having housed and cared for those patients.
    That I'm aware a non-Medicare patient or even a Medicare patient who survives yields nothing 'extra' in payments. The reality, too, is that what Medicare pays on EVERYthing is below the rate hospitals would normally charge...which, in turn, then gets added to their charge for everyone else to recoup it.
    I didn't know this specifically, thank you. I think this whole thing is a case of reporting the top line and then ignoring the context beneath it. Because as I understood it and you seem to be confirming is the reason for the extra money is because it costs more to treat a COVID positive patient. I mean every interaction with them requires every person to take expanded safety concerns and they can't just be the next room over from a non-COVID patient.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    With number going up in the mid west i think we are now really seeing the effects of Trumpís down playing the virus/politizing the virus. Conservatives in these areas have need told the numbers are fake and itís a city problem from the start. A lot of them didnít know anyone who got infected so they donít follow guidelines

Partially true...maybe largely if viewed indirectly I guess.
    Since I live in one of those areas, one of the things is that this spring, our numbers were largely so small. I went for months where there weren't more than 15 active positive cases within 45 miles of me in any direction (which would include Minnesota, where the numbers were much higher in places like Minneapolis).

So there was no need or logic to continue to shutter businesses and, even tho Covid protocols were suggested, they weren't mandated. As summer wore on, the numbers didn't change a lot, but the divide between 'maskers' and 'no maskers' was growing. Then the school year approached and, while special setups and schedules were planned, colleges and schools went back to in-person learning. As these past couple months have gone by, more and more people seem to have tried to return to what was normal prior to March...up to and including a seemingly more diverse mindset on mask-wearing. People I would have had no idea might adopt such mindsets say things like 'I only wear a mask if everybody else is' or 'I wear a mask until I get past the employee offering a free mask, then take it off while in the store' and I just shake my head.

While I've always believed it serious, my life personally hadn't been so impacted I couldn't do most of the things I'd normally do...until recently. While my numbers pale, what had been 15 active positives is currently 350. What had been 10 ever hospitalized is now 250.

Add to that for me...I spend Christmas in Hawaii with a brother who lives there (I know, poor me). When I took advantages of great prices in June to buy this year's ticket to fly in December, I had NO idea that I'd be just weeks from my flight....and unsure it was logical for me to go...or even, depending on decisions in Hawaii, IF I can go without quarantining.

Is 2020 over yet?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I didn't know this specifically, thank you. I think this whole thing is a case of reporting the top line and then ignoring the context beneath it. Because as I understood it and you seem to be confirming is the reason for the extra money is because it costs more to treat a COVID positive patient. I mean every interaction with them requires every person to take expanded safety concerns and they can't just be the next room over from a non-COVID patient.
    If I'm not mistaken, a final payout for a deceased Medicare patient is $5,000. The CARES Act calls for that payment to be $13,000 for a Covid Medicare patient and $39,000 if that patient required a ventilator. So, while I'm sure there are, say, heart attack victims who test positive and get listed as Covid deaths, we don't actually know the virus didn't cause the attack...and the numbers that some seem to put out there for overreporting for monetary gain are likely much smaller.

I don't pretend to know that 100+ page Act well, but given I had to peruse a lot of it while working up my company's PPP application and forgiveness, I did pay more attention than most.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Partially true...maybe largely if viewed indirectly I guess.
    Since I live in one of those areas, one of the things is that this spring, our numbers were largely so small. I went for months where there weren't more than 15 active positive cases within 45 miles of me in any direction (which would include Minnesota, where the numbers were much higher in places like Minneapolis).

So there was no need or logic to continue to shutter businesses and, even tho Covid protocols were suggested, they weren't mandated. As summer wore on, the numbers didn't change a lot, but the divide between 'maskers' and 'no maskers' was growing. Then the school year approached and, while special setups and schedules were planned, colleges and schools went back to in-person learning. As these past couple months have gone by, more and more people seem to have tried to return to what was normal prior to March...up to and including a seemingly more diverse mindset on mask-wearing. People I would have had no idea might adopt such mindsets say things like 'I only wear a mask if everybody else is' or 'I wear a mask until I get past the employee offering a free mask, then take it off while in the store' and I just shake my head.

While I've always believed it serious, my life personally hadn't been so impacted I couldn't do most of the things I'd normally do...until recently. While my numbers pale, what had been 15 active positives is currently 350. What had been 10 ever hospitalized is now 250.

Add to that for me...I spend Christmas in Hawaii with a brother who lives there (I know, poor me). When I took advantages of great prices in June to buy this year's ticket to fly in December, I had NO idea that I'd be just weeks from my flight....and unsure it was logical for me to go...or even, depending on decisions in Hawaii, IF I can go without quarantining.

Is 2020 over yet?
    Thanks for sharing. It good to hear from people with different experiences

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Exactly. And if you don't think doctors/hospitals are cooking their books for that additional money, you really need to get out of the land of oz.
    It's one thing for a few hsotpials to fudge a couple numbers here and there, and it's another to say the whole coronavirus thing is over blown.

This is his idioitic rhetoric that you and other Republicans keep swallowing up,.even though you know better and you know he is full of ****, for some odd reason you just mindlessly support the guy. Dont try and cry foul now when people start exposing your idiotic posts which support our idiotic presidents idiotic statements.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 10-25-2020 at 02:05 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Prove it.
    He heard some guy on the radio say something or other. That's more than enough proof.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 10-25-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It's one thing for a few hsotpials to fudge a couple numbers here and there, and it's another to say the whole coronavirus thing is over blown.

This is his idioitic rhetoric that you and other Republicans keep swallowing up,.even though you know better and you know he is full of ****, for some odd reason you just mindlessly support the guy. Dont try and cry foul now when people start exposing your idiotic posts which support our idiotic presidents idiotic statements.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    They wonít be happy until they have the entire population infected with COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Exactly. And if you don't think doctors/hospitals are cooking their books for that additional money, you really need to get out of the land of oz.
    Is it just the US hospitals cooking the books or the entire world's?

This is what's so funny with this conservative unspoken belief that Covid is to a large extent a hoax; it's happening everywhere. And they just keep acting like this is only happening in the US...

Everyone's out to get poor Donnie boi and only we can stop it by regurgitating these super logical conspiracy theories!

Gee. I wonder where these dummies get their genius talking points from....

....and another shining example of the drivel that Trump spits out and his followers gleefully lap up and regurgitate to everyone around them:

It sure is funny that we have a week to go and all of a sudden we get surges with the Rona.

It is like they are holding numbers and then release it when it is their convenience.

What a shame.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four