Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 222 of 320 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 4795
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Maybe he could have instituted the mask mandate weeks or even months ago.
    Or maybe he could've not mandated them ever.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Doubling down on the wrongness would be more in line with the normal approach.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    This isn't a situation "about me". It speaks to politicians who don't have their priorities straight. Like dbroncos said, the governor of that state could have done this a month or two ago and it would have saved lives. Instead, he didn't feel it was necessary until college football of all things was in potential jeopardy.

That's pretty far from things that actually ****ing matter. Where was that concern when his state had 20,000 cases over a 3 week period in July?

It just a common theme in this country. We aren't proactive with this thing but instead reactive. We wait till it becomes a problem to deal with it instead of taking the measures necessary to prevent it from being a problem. That's why there are 40-50 thousand new cases of this **** everyday in the US.

Dumb things like wearing masks have become politicized.

We’re lower then the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Didn't they all say in the beginning 250k though for modules and predictions. I could misremembered what I saw back in April but that number sticks in my head...... Not saying that number is acceptable so refreakinlax

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Didn't they all say in the beginning 250k though for modules and predictions. I could misremembered what I saw back in April but that number sticks in my head...... Not saying that number is acceptable so refreakinlax

That was the projection if we maintained status quo.

And we maintained status quo and in some instances relaxed our COVID-19 measures.

So yes, you’re right - we are exactly on projection by doing the bare minimum to keep people alive.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    That was the projection if we maintained status quo.

And we maintained status quo and in some instances relaxed our COVID-19 measures.

So yes, you’re right - we are exactly on projection by doing the bare minimum to keep people alive.
    Like I said I don't think it's right because this is America ya know the place where working harder and being persistent used to get you ahead

Now people don't care about anyone or anything but themselves.

Hate wearing my mask but I do hate not being able to drink at a bar but I don't hate not being able to have normal human interaction but you get it

Funny to because I generally hate strangers but now I miss tgem

One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    We’re lower then the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our mortality rate is the best!
    We're doing very very well against the China virus
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Didn't they all say in the beginning 250k though for modules and predictions. I could misremembered what I saw back in April but that number sticks in my head...... Not saying that number is acceptable...
    The early models were wide-ranging, suggesting US deaths would somewhere between 100,000 and 240,000 (lots of wiggle room) by the end of the summer.

These numbers came out in late March, so there was at the time far less useful information available about the disease than we have now, but it looks like the models will nevertheless be right on target as we are already ripping past 160,000 dead by mid-summer.

Well, done America — making those early modelers look real good.

Folks like Rick Scott definitely wanted things setup like this. But it’s not just him. The entire GOP is structured to make it harder to get any money.

https://www.businessinsider.com/flor...esantis-2020-8

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Folks like Rick Scott definitely wanted things setup like this. But it’s not just him. The entire GOP is structured to make it harder to get any money.

https://www.businessinsider.com/flor...esantis-2020-8
    Lemme guess most of them were red states with republican governors?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Lemme guess most of them were red states with republican governors?
    you realize he wasn't saying their system was structured that way on HIS direction, right?

and that's what the PPP program was for, to reduce the number of people filing for unemployment

I guarantee there are plenty of red AND blue states with programs set up similarly. Minnesota, a blue state with a Dem governor, most certainly falls into that category. I have family that were both laid off and self-employed...the laid off took near 2 months to get their first check and the self-employed I'm not sure to this day ever did.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Lol got a couple of real winners in the GD coronavirus thread straight face claiming that the "real" death totals are way off, with one claiming only 10% are accurate and the other claiming only 25% are accurate.

....all while saying that I'm a "troll" that isn't "willing to have a real conversation" for providing information that shows how full of **** they are.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    you realize he wasn't saying their system was structured that way on HIS direction, right?

and that's what the PPP program was for, to reduce the number of people filing for unemployment

I guarantee there are plenty of red AND blue states with programs set up similarly. Minnesota, a blue state with a Dem governor, most certainly falls into that category. I have family that were both laid off and self-employed...the laid off took near 2 months to get their first check and the self-employed I'm not sure to this day ever did.
    There is a difference between an unemployment system that is actually designed to limit unemployment and a State not getting every individual their benefits right away during a pandemic with the rules changing/much needing updating/clearer standards from the bill that was passed is a bit different than a system designed this way long term.

Unemployment is not PPP and the unemployment system is going to be different animal.

The unemployment system in a state should be designed to help the people in need not limit as much as possible how many in need can receive benefits. He is describing a very flawed system and that's a massive problem bigger than 2 individuals in MN. I am not sure about the blue/red state stuff and it seemed unnecessary but generally what is being described in Florida seems much worse. The system being structured that way IS the massive issue and while it wasn't him it was Rick Scott as the article notes (republican senator).