Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 759 of 782 FirstFirst ... 259659709749757758759760761769 ... LastLast
Results 11,371 to 11,385 of 11722
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    If I make it available for you to take on your own free will that's a good thing. If I force you to take it it's a whole different scenario.

There was a time when the talk of "vaccine passports" was a conspiracy theory. Here we are...

Back when covid started the scientists were telling us don't wait for a vaccine to pull us out of this.
    Neat, none of that had anything to do with what I said. Does Trump deserve to be commended for rushing the vaccine through or was it irresponsibly dangerous science?

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Aside from certain colleges, no one is forcing anyone to get the vaccine. That said, Republicans talk about wanting their freedom back but aren't willing to get vaccinated which would further accelerate that process. Its ridiculously hypocritical.

The vaccine passport has never made any real headway btw.

Many doctors/scientists thought a vaccine was 2 or 3 years away. Modern medicine and the people who developed a vaccine so quickly deserve acclamation for having made that possible way sooner.
    Yea because 2 or 3 years is how long testing takes.

A **** load of people have to get it for work.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Neat, none of that had anything to do with what I said. Does Trump deserve to be commended for rushing the vaccine through or was it irresponsibly dangerous science?
    With what YOU said. Almost every response you give me to any of my posts is an unrelated question. You're such a hypocrite dude, I actually enjoy this. Free material.

Yea because 2 or 3 years is how long testing takes.

A **** load of people have to get it for work.
    No the point was there was no significant momentum towards making any headway with the virus until a vaccine was developed. Remdesivir was a treatment but not universal in its efficacy. With no vaccine, you would have seen the same spike or even bigger spike in the virus come the fall.

All we've seen is anecdotal cases of entities forcing people to get the vaccine. Employers have to be very careful because they are open to civil litigation if they attempt to do something that isn't mandated by law. There are exceptions to mandated law as well.

Whatever the case is, you keep bringing up freedom but you don't really want it. Much like the others who preach freedom but dont want to get vaccinated.

No the point was there was no significant momentum towards making any headway with the virus until a vaccine was developed. Remdesivir was a treatment but not universal in its efficacy. With no vaccine, you would have seen the same spike or even bigger spike in the virus come the fall.

All we've seen is anecdotal cases of entities forcing people to get the vaccine. Employers have to be very careful because they are open to civil litigation if they attempt to do something that isn't mandated by law. There are exceptions to mandated law as well.

Whatever the case is, you keep bringing up freedom but you don't really want it. Much like the others who preach freedom but dont want to get vaccinated.
    I think it's fine that we rushed it through testing but that doesn't mean I have to take it.

I think it's fine that we rushed it through testing but that doesn't mean I have to take it.
    Then stop complaining about your lack of freedoms. The correlation between restrictions being lifted and lesser case numbers has everything to do with the vaccine you refuse to take. You want those things to go back to the normal you're used to? Then take the shot.

The mRNA technology used in the vaccine is not new btw. Scientists have studying the benefits of mRNA applications in vaccines and other medicines since the 1970s.

7. 05-16-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is kind of ironic that Trump supporters have been saying how Trump deserves credit for getting a vaccine so fast and now theyíre saying how quickly it was done was irresponsible and theyíre not getting it because they donít trust the vaccine.
    Iím not getting it because I never get any type of vaccine. Itís not that I donít trust it I just donít think itís needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Real living people die from this. That may hold little or no significance to you and your crowd, but it means a lot to me.
    You also have a chance at dying in an accident or walking down the street. Do you just sit at home all day?

Aside from certain colleges, no one is forcing anyone to get the vaccine. That said, Republicans talk about wanting their freedom back but aren't willing to get vaccinated which would further accelerate that process. Its ridiculously hypocritical.

The vaccine passport has never made any real headway btw.

Many doctors/scientists thought a vaccine was 2 or 3 years away. Modern medicine and the people who developed the vaccine so quickly deserve acclamation for having made that possible way sooner.
    How about we just open things back up. Donít wear masks but still social distance and enjoy our lives? Of course the left is so brain washed about everything that itíll never happen

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    How about we just open things back up. Donít wear masks but still social distance and enjoy our lives? Of course the left is so brain washed about everything that itíll never happen

Those things are already happening. The vaccine is a nice safeguard. The likelihood of that happening with no vaccine was slim. Yes the economy needs to keep going but at the cost of how many lives? The University of Washington already suggests the number is far lower than the official estimate of American deaths and is closer to a million people having died of COVID or some COVID complication since the pandemic started.

You may take that lightly but people of conscience don't.

Again, if you want things accelerated for the freedoms you had previously, get vaccinated. There's no reason not to. The vaccines have proven to overwhelmingly safe and do exactly what they are advertised to do.

12. 05-16-2021, 07:19 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

Then stop complaining about your lack of freedoms. The correlation between restrictions being lifted and lesser case numbers has everything to do with the vaccine you refuse to take. You want those things to go back to the normal you're used to? Then take the shot.

The mRNA technology used in the vaccine is not new btw. Scientists have studying the benefits of mRNA applications in vaccines and other medicines since the 1970s.
    Companies are forcing employees to get the vaccine. It has not gone through standard testing.

Those things are already happening. The vaccine is a nice safeguard. The likelihood of that happening with no vaccine was slim. Yes the economy needs to keep going but at the cost of how many lives? The University of Washington already suggests the number is far lower than the official estimate of American deaths and is closer to a million people having died of COVID or some COVID complication since the pandemic started.

You may take that lightly but people of conscience don't.

Again, if you want things accelerated for the freedoms you had previously, get vaccinated. There's no reason not to. The vaccines have proven to overwhelmingly safe and do exactly what they are advertised to do.
    Iím not against vaccines in general if youíre strongly prone to dying from it. The elderly, if you have health issues or if youíre overweight. The statistics show that younger more healthy people you have a 99.9% chance of surviving from it even if you get it. Donít need to get it, and if people are so worried about their health then they can get the vaccine if they want. Seems pretty simple to me?

Companies are forcing employees to get the vaccine. It has not gone through standard testing.
    Where? Anecdotal evidence is not evidence of it being this broad enforcement you are talking about. Again, there are federal laws that employers have to worry about breaking that leaves them open to potential litigation. When this becomes the norm, let me know. We might be here a while.

What standard testing? They've been studying the Moderna and Pfizer vaccine in trials since April of 2020. Its highly effective and has shown to be very safe in terms of significant side effects.

America will stuff double cheeseburgers in their mouth then pretend they're worried about what they put in their body.

You gotta be kidding me. How about the nfl? You can coach without being vaccinated as long as you're not coaching... (sports forum)

It's a massive violation of worker's rights and we're talking about a vaccine that is still not tested.