Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1038 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 385389389881028103610371038103910401048 ... LastLast
Results 15,556 to 15,570 of 15749
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No, I was simply asking Catman why minorities would have not be able to gather the entirety of her statement and not just the part about not trusting Trump. If the implication is they didn't get vaccinated because of her statement then you can't be giving them too much credit in regards to how they interpreted what was said.
    If you're saying they can't obtain a simple ID, then you can't be giving them too much credit for the capabilities.

Where is the evidence her statement reinforced that distrust? Like correlated statistical proof that more minorities didn't get vaccinated because of what she said.
    I gave you all the evidence you need. Tuskegee Airmen.
    Connect the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Connect the dots.
    That's not direct evidence. I'm talking about evidence of her statement leading to people not getting vaccinated. That Tuskegee airmen situation predates this vaccine by decades. If people were using that as a reason then they had already made their decision about this vaccine beforehand.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-13-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    If you're saying they can't obtain a simple ID, then you can't be giving them too much credit for the capabilities.
    It's hard to believe you're not a Poe.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

Again obtaining an ID has nothing to do with intelligence. Attempting to suggest someone can't understand the entirety of a statement, however, does.

Lol of course we are back to taking Kamala's quote out of context yet again to play some dumb game. Does fox news cover this on a weekly basis or what?

Connect the dots.
    Connect the dots... to a group of military pilots?

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Lol of course we are back to taking Kamala's quote out of context yet again to play some dumb game. Does fox news cover this on a weekly basis or what?
    What is weirder is the idea that somehow it would be an original thought 15,000 posts into a thread.

No little troll, I gave plenty of evidence. Look at the Tuskegee Airmen case for example. Blacks have an inherent distrust for government "vaccines" and when Harris told them she didn't trust it, it reinforced this distrust.
    Hmm...it's "blacks" now. Was negros not available?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Hmm...it's "blacks" now. Was negros not available?
    Such a douchebag.

Again obtaining an ID has nothing to do with intelligence. Attempting to suggest someone can't understand the entirety of a statement, however, does.
    Does obtaining an ID have something to do with ones capabilities?

Does obtaining an ID have something to do with ones capabilities?
    Literally just the smallest shred of intellectual curiosity would give you the answer to this.

Hargie Randall, 72, was born in his family’s home in Huntsville, Tex., and has lived in the state his entire life. Randall, now living in Houston’s low-income Fifth Ward neighborhood, has several health problems and such poor eyesight that he is legally blind. He can’t drive and has to ask others for rides.

After Texas implemented its new law, Randall went to the Department of Public Safety (the Texas agency that handles driver’s licenses and identification cards) three times to try to get a photo ID to vote. Each time Randall was told he needed different items. First, he was told he needed three forms of identification. He came back and brought his Medicaid card, bills and a current voter registration card from voting in past elections.

“I thought that because I was on record for voting, I could vote again,” Randall said.

But he was told he still needed more documentation, such as a certified copy of his birth certificate.

Records of births before 1950, such as Randall’s, are not on a central computer and are located only in the county clerk’s office where the person was born.

For Randall, that meant an hour-long drive to Huntsville, where his lawyers found a copy of his birth certificate.

But that wasn’t enough. With his birth certificate in hand, Randall went to the DPS office in Houston with all the necessary documents. But, DPS officials still would not issue him a photo ID because of a clerical mistake on his birth certificate. One letter was off in his last name — “Randell” instead of “Randall” — so his last name was spelled slightly different than on all his other documents.

Kamin, the lawyer, asked the DPS official if they could pull up Randall’s prior driver’s-license information, as he once had a state-issued ID. The official told her that the state doesn’t keep records of prior identification after five years, and there was nothing they could do to pull up that information.

Kamin was finally able to prove to a DPS supervisor that there was a clerical error and was able to verify Randall’s identity by showing other documents.

But Myrtle Delahuerta, 85, who lives across town from Randall, has tried unsuccessfully for two years to get her ID. She has the same problem of her birth certificate not matching her pile of other legal documents that she carts from one government office to the next. The disabled woman, who has difficulty walking, is applying to have her name legally changed, a process that will cost her more than $300 and has required a background check and several trips to government offices.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...972_story.html

MARTIN: And you met a voter like that. Would you tell us about her?

DADE: I did. I talked with Rethel Frank(ph). She's 84 years old. She lives in Brokaw, Wisconsin, and she has an interesting story because she typifies what many seniors are experiencing. Many of them never had birth certificates to begin with, and if they did, they were incorrectly - their names were incorrectly put onto these documents. And if that's the case, then you're not going to get an ID. They will not accept discrepancies between your birth certificate and other forms of ID that you may have, like a Social Security card and those kinds of things.

MARTIN: And so you - what did she tell you?

DADE: Well, let's listen to what she had to say when I interviewed her.

RETHEL FRANK: I laid my baptismal certificate on top of the counter because I figured that all the information that they would need would be on that baptismal certificate and she looked at me and she said, well, this is illegal. She said, how do I know that you aren't an alien? I was - well, just like somebody took a pan and hit me in the face. I could have cried.

MARTIN: So here's an example of a person who had been voting for years.

DADE: Right.

MARTIN: It's all of these issues that you talked about. She's elderly. She doesn't drive.

MARTIN: She was born at a time when there was not a lot of attention paid to these sort of details, particularly for African-Americans. Others would argue that the issue of voter fraud is significant enough that people ought to...

DADE: Just go and get the ID.

MARTIN: ...meet a certain burden. They just go and get the ID.

MARTIN: So the question is, why don't they?

DADE: If there's - right. If you an eligible voter, why not just go get the ID? And I think, with Rethel Frank, it's important to note that she's the lead plaintiff in a lawsuit filed in Wisconsin by the American Civil Liberties Union. That organization is actually trying to overturn this law.

So, beyond that, though, for starters, again, if you're someone trying to get a voter ID, you need that type of documentation. In order to get an ID, you often need an ID, so it becomes a Catch 22.

https://www.npr.org/2012/02/01/14620...-government-id
    None of this is an issue of intelligence. Theirs, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Literally just the smallest shred of intellectual curiosity would give you the answer to this.

None of this is an issue of intelligence. Theirs, anyway.
    Gee. Such a heartwarming read. Are they white or black? Because both are interchangeable in that situation.

The argument against voter ID that I hear 100% of the time strictly lays at the feet of black people's inability to obtain an ID. Hence..."voter ID is racist".

So, your 2 stories are sad and all but they don't answer my question.

Gee. Such a heartwarming read. Are they white or black? Because both are interchangeable in that situation.

The argument against voter ID that I hear 100% of the time strictly lays at the feet of black people's inability to obtain an ID. Hence..."voter ID is racist".

So, your 2 stories are sad and all but they don't answer my question.
    Gosh, if only there was a way to find out.

What is weirder is the idea that somehow it would be an original thought 15,000 posts into a thread.
    Also like a year removed from the quote too.

It's gotta just be intentional ignorance and extreme partisanship driving this. Anything for that gotcha to own the libs.