Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 584 of 782 FirstFirst ... 84484534574582583584585586594634684 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 11720
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    A fully vaccinated friend of mine visited today and was masked. They had been exposed at work and did not wish to spread anything to anyone.
    We are fully vaccinated where I work and are all still wearing full PPE.
    I am so glad that science works whether people understand how science works or not.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

You can still get the virus and spread it, even though you might not get sick yourself. They help prevent serious illness, but not contamination.
    I am fully vaccinated, but will continue to wear my mask until I am told it is safe to stop.
    So the vaccine is to lessen symptoms but not provide any protection? So not a vaccine per se. Just a way to lessen symptoms proactively if caught.

I wish someone from the past or current administration would say so clearly. This sucks.

Thanks @catman for replying even if this news saddens me knowing full well there will be more societal issues because of the ancillary issues. Just sad.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Because the vaccine is not 100%
    Neither is the flu vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    So the vaccine is to lessen symptoms but not provide any protection? So not a vaccine per se. Just a way to lessen symptoms proactively if caught.

I wish someone from the past or current administration would say so clearly. This sucks.

Thanks @catman for replying even if this news saddens me knowing full well there will be more societal issues because of the ancillary issues. Just sad.
    this is no different than any and every other virus...it can be spread, even by someone not necessarily infected

If I just spent time with my wife, who's in the hospital with the flu, then go home to my kids and hug them, etc, without washing my hands, I'm risking passing the flu on to them without necessarily being infected myself, right?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Yes, a vaccine per se

https://www.who.int/news-room/featur...-vaccines-work

I will continue wearing a mask until I am directed to do otherwise.
    Donít get me wrong, I definitely think thatís the prudent move as well from you and healthcare administrators/policy makers as well for a variety of reasons right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    this is no different than any and every other virus...it can be spread, even by someone not necessarily infected

If I just spent time with my wife, who's in the hospital with the flu, then go home to my kids and hug them, etc, without washing my hands, I'm risking passing the flu on to them without necessarily being infected myself, right?
    True

But then folks should not have to wear masks or socially distant after a certain point. Say end of summer.

True

But then folks should not have to wear masks or socially distant after a certain point. Say end of summer.
    once we reach herd immunity, maybe....and new mutations stop, maybe...and we're not in line for a potential repeat because our protection is waning, sure..............it may be the end of summer, but I don't know it's THIS one

once we reach herd immunity, maybe....and new mutations stop, maybe...and we're not in line for a potential repeat because our protection is waning, sure..............it may be the end of summer, but I don't know it's THIS one
    It's going to mutate like the flu virus does it would seem. So that should not be a reason that it mutates to have to take these extreme precautions which is causing more harm than solving.

It's going to mutate like the flu virus does it would seem. So that should not be a reason that it mutates to have to take these extreme precautions which is causing more harm than solving.
    the sooner we can get to herd immunity, the less it can mutate and the harder it would be to spread
    ...it's been that way for a year now....had we as a country handled it better, we could have used vaccinations to finally get there instead of using them to stem the tide long enough for us TO get there

the sooner we can get to herd immunity, the less it can mutate and the harder it would be to spread
    ...it's been that way for a year now....had we as a country handled it better, we could have used vaccinations to finally get there instead of using them to stem the tide long enough for us TO get there
    We aren't the only country in this position

Another piercing glimpse into the obvious.

True

Of course folks won't have to wear masks at a certain point after herd immunity is reached. It's not as simple as just throwing a dart at the calendar to when you think you'll really be sick of this **** though.

Einstein has spoken!

Here's a real shocker: after just days ago it was announced that churches in Santa Clara County had to abide by the same rules on indoor gatherings as other establishments, a federal judge has now blocked it.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...rship/2462888/

I'm sure our resident epidemiologist (who's totally NOT religious) will tell us why this is in no way a bad thing in terms of keeping the community safe.