Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1275 of 1473 FirstFirst ... 27577511751225126512731274127512761277128513251375 ... LastLast
Results 19,111 to 19,125 of 22090
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    No. Never knew that. I've always linked my quoted posts.

Congratulations on the win.
    The Moron King reigns supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    The closest thing we've had to a lockdown came in March 2020.
    And went from a 2 week stop the spread to a few months. Schools stayed locked down for over a year in some states. https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid-timeline
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Maybe Cuomo shouldn't have killed all of those elderly people in so many Nursing homes
    Cuomo made terrible decisions in that regard. But I still really haven't heard anyone say where they were supposed to put all those old people.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Cuomo made terrible decisions in that regard. But I still really haven't heard anyone say where they were supposed to put all those old people.
    In a hospital or the multiple navy ships that were literally waiting to treat covid patients a few miles away, but never saw a patient. Unfortunately, Cuomo made politics a priority over saving lives. He had thousands of beds to use but chose to send them back to their nursing homes to stick his middle finger out at Trump.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    And went from a 2 week stop the spread to a few months. Schools stayed locked down for over a year in some states. https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid-timeline
    The whole “two weeks to stop the spread” BS came from the Trump Administration.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    The whole “two weeks to stop the spread” BS came from the Trump Administration.
    is it not slow the spread not stop the spread?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    is it not slow the spread not stop the spread?
    Well Trump was the one who acted like beating the virus was a thing. We can do our best to vaccinate and improve therapeutics. I have never said that we can beat a virus or anything like that.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Get a 4-pack of at home Covid tests at special.usps.com/testkits
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Maybe Cuomo shouldn't have killed all of those elderly people in so many Nursing homes
    It has admittedly been a while since I've checked, but I'm pretty Cuomo is not currently the governor of New York, which would be the time period I'm talking about.

And I'm like 99% sure he's never been the governor of Wisconsin, Colorado, or Connecticut.

So.. what are you talking about?

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

We're two years into this and people are still talking about that "two weeks to stop the spread" stuff?

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well Trump was the one who acted like beating the virus was a thing. We can do our best to vaccinate and improve therapeutics. I have never said that we can beat a virus or anything like that.
    ok so the correct line is slow, not stop. Thanks.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

The problem with the stop the spread message was there was presumably a lot more cases in the US in March of 2020 than were officially documented. I don't know if you could have cut off the virus's legs at that point because it was probably too late. Now that over 67 million people have been officially infected in the US, stopping the spread is less about eradicating the virus and more about stopping as many people from getting the virus as there could be.

People aren't universally taking the measures they should. Whether its being unvaccinated, unmasked, even easing off certain masking restrictions isn't great.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-19-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Get a 4-pack of at home Covid tests at special.usps.com/testkits
    Posted earlier as well, but thanks for the update. Everyone should sign up.

So this was all a ploy to try and get less people vaccinated and rely on a product he wants to release and cash in on.

https://twitter.com/reuterssports/st...950533633?s=21

iT's ThE fLu

With the U.S. recording more than 750,000 new cases and nearly 2,000 deaths a day from the super-contagious omicron variant, and hospitals in many parts of the country still bracing for the worst, it’s difficult to foresee the day we can liken COVID to influenza.

“We’ve learned to kind of accommodate and live with influenza,” said Warner Greene, a virologist at the Gladstone Institutes in San Francisco. “Hopefully we can get there with COVID, but we’re not there yet.”

There is just no comparison.

A closer look at the numbers two years into the pandemic shows two unmistakable takeaways: COVID killed more than eight times as many Americans in 2021 as the flu killed in the 2017-18 season, the worst in more than a decade. And since the SARS-CoV-2 virus swept the globe, influenza deaths in the U.S. have plummeted by more than 90% as humanity hunkered down.
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/01/...e-it-still-is/