Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 737 of 778 FirstFirst ... 237637687727735736737738739747 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,055 of 11662
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    In what way? The economy is already starting to get back to where it was.
    Only because of the crazy stimulus money the government has been pushing via monetary and fiscal policy. Just wait until people realize that they're going to have to pay it off in the future. Crazy amounts of money is being poured into the economy to help stimulate it. Rent eviction moratorium, mortgage moratorium, foreclosure moratorium, unemployment benefits where currently 1/3rd (or was it 1/4th?) are getting more $ than they were earning before COVID, and the trillions in stimulus checks. Where does that money come from when tax revenue is expected to plummet? Why do you think wealthy people are stuffing all their money in real estate, collectible cards, and luxury goods? Holding onto the dollar is a horrible move.

In what way? The economy is already starting to get back to where it was.
    Loss of income, jobs, businesses. No, things will not return. Long lasting illnesses, depressions, loss of loved ones due to suicides. I'd love to be wrong on this. Really would.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Loss of income, jobs, businesses. No, things will not return. Long lasting illnesses, depressions, loss of loved ones due to suicides. I'd love to be wrong on this. Really would.
    And will all that kill more then 600,000 people?

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr...-program-fraud

This is literally one mile away from my home. This man, living in government housing, was approved for a PPP loan of $1.7 million claiming he had 62 workers working for him in his government housing unit. A government housing unit like this would cost $300-500 for the average family and you have to be very poor to qualify for it. How the heck do you even fit 62 workers in a small apartment unit?

A competent government worker would have realized this fraudulent application within seconds and have this individual investigated. Instead, they send him the money and after $1.7 million dollars later, realized it was a fraud. And people wonder why they want the government to stop taxing them so damn much? If someone this dumb was able to get $1.7 million, think about how many more were able to scam the government and get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Only because of the crazy stimulus money the government has been pushing via monetary and fiscal policy. Just wait until people realize that they're going to have to pay it off in the future. Crazy amounts of money is being poured into the economy to help stimulate it. Rent eviction moratorium, mortgage moratorium, foreclosure moratorium, unemployment benefits where currently 1/3rd (or was it 1/4th?) are getting more $ than they were earning before COVID, and the trillions in stimulus checks. Where does that money come from when tax revenue is expected to plummet? Why do you think wealthy people are stuffing all their money in real estate, collectible cards, and luxury goods? Holding onto the dollar is a horrible move.
    Not stimulating the economy during a downturn is a far worse move than stimulating it.

As for the idea we’ll eventually need to pay back the debt. When?

Not stimulating the economy during a downturn is a far worse move than stimulating it.

As for the idea we’ll eventually need to pay back the debt. When?
    Some of these policies aren't helping. Unemployment benefits shouldn't have been paying people more $ than they were earning before COVID. Rent eviction moratorium = sorry landlords, you're not getting paid which is the case that I am unfortunately dealing with. My tenant is 4 months late. I don't know if they are working right now but they are definitely receiving unemployment benefits. He even showed me his award amount and claimed it was only enough for food and other bills. What can I do? Take him to court and waste my time and money? Give people a reason to not have to work or pay for their responsibilities and odds are they won't. And don't get me started with the PPP loans which has been known to be a large area of fraud. It's okay, the government only spent hundreds of billions. When will it have to be paid back? Who knows. When the government decides they want to work in the interest of Americans rather than just spending whatever they want because of a voter base demanding it.

A legit data driven answer to why fully vaccinated people have to wear masks given that other things like the flu that are not as affective vaccines as Covid and yet do not require masks.

Last I checked, you are incapable of even realizing that you could ever be wrong (regardless of the topic). Thanks for sharing that phony sentiment though.

Some of these policies aren't helping. Unemployment benefits shouldn't have been paying people more $ than they were earning before COVID. Rent eviction moratorium = sorry landlords, you're not getting paid which is the case that I am unfortunately dealing with. My tenant is 4 months late. I don't know if they are working right now but they are definitely receiving unemployment benefits. He even showed me his award amount and claimed it was only enough for food and other bills. What can I do? Take him to court and waste my time and money? Give people a reason to not have to work or pay for their responsibilities and odds are they won't. And don't get me started with the PPP loans which has been known to be a large area of fraud. It's okay, the government only spent hundreds of billions. When will it have to be paid back? Who knows. When the government decides they want to work in the interest of Americans rather than just spending whatever they want because of a voter base demanding it.
    Obviously we disagree on the effectiveness and necessity of these measures. I think they were badly needed during the pandemic. Pretty much every economist will agree that the biggest danger in a recession is doing too little as opposed to doing too much.

Obviously we disagree on the effectiveness and necessity of these measures. I think they were badly needed during the pandemic. Pretty much every economist will agree that the biggest danger in a recession is doing too little as opposed to doing too much.
    Well then the economy isn't really getting back to where it once was if it's being supplemented, right?

Well then the economy isn't really getting back to where it once was if it's being supplemented, right?
    You supplement it to help it get back to where it was sooner than it would if you don't invest.

A new study estimates that the number of people who have died of COVID-19 in the U.S. is more than 900,000, a number 57% higher than official figures.

Worldwide, the study's authors say, the COVID-19 death count is nearing 7 million, more than double the reported number of 3.24 million.

The analysis comes from researchers at the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, who looked at excess mortality from March 2020 through May 3, 2021, compared it with what would be expected in a typical nonpandemic year, then adjusted those figures to account for a handful of other pandemic-related factors.

The final count only estimates deaths "caused directly by the SARS-CoV-2 virus," according to the study's authors.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ovid-19-in-u-s

So what. I couldn't sit down for a nice meal at Applebee's for over a ****ing year!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    So what. I couldn't sit down for a nice meal at Applebee's for over a ****ing year!
    So what? So let’s dance.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You could thank Trump for this. Applebee’s is just frozen food from the grocery store you don’t have to heat up yourself.