Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 501 of 558 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 8370
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's downright ****ing hilarious. At least Trump can count on Special to always be here championing him no matter what.

I can't imagine any scenario where all the people fed up with Trump would just abandon PSD in unison....but these guys? It's like someone flipped a switch or pulled the rug right out from underneath 'em.
    Or, possibly we spent the last few years calling ******** where there was ********.

Nothing more to defend anymore. You can spew all the ******** you want. I'll just check this place every couple days and laugh my *** off that you all think you're still battling trump. Crazy ****ers.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So you put yours on pause for trump, and now back to it?

I gotta an absolute dime piece baddie right here next to me on my sofa [emoji846]

*she just my friend tho, lol, I'll admit it..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You go girl.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Or, possibly we spent the last few years calling ******** where there was ********.

Nothing more to defend anymore. You can spew all the ******** you want. I'll just check this place every couple days and laugh my *** off that you all think you're still battling trump. Crazy ****ers.
    Another calm and rational post by the ever calm and rational dbroncsinmo.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You didn’t apply my logic though

Stop taking one piece of evidence and using that as if my logic wasn’t predicated on multiple pieces of evidence...
    Wait. You said your logic was its

Easily believable
    Bad govt track record
    Eye witness account

I feel like this easily translates over to US as well.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

You back to babysitting?
    I'm getting baby sat [emoji846]

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You go girl.
    [emoji140]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/leaked-do...125207507.html

Felt this was interesting given how much debate there was on the subject in here awhile back.

Leaked documents show what many suspected: China was significantly under reporting their number of Covid cases and deaths.
    Oh. My. God.

This is the article you referenced, correct.

"There is no evidence in the files that provide evidence that Chinese officials sought deliberately to conceal the true extent of the outbreak."

"The underreporting was exacerbated by a slow-turnaround in identifying cases. *One of the leaked documents reveals that in early March the average time between an individual exhibiting symptoms and diagnosis was 23.3 days, CNN reported."

"By March 7, health officials also appeared to still be underreporting the death toll by a significant margin. Per CNN, the*documents show*that the total death toll in Hubei was 3,456, while published figures suggested it was 2,986."

Man, I dont really care about who's right and who's wrong, you can be right that's fine, I'll be wrong. But what the hell man. This article is essentially saying a country dealing with an unknown pandemic had lots of trouble getting accurate info about the data. Ok, so what's same with America. It was such a given, we all just assumed it as a fact that the true numbers were higher than actual reported.

And now china is being held to this standard, orders higher than America? They were ground zero, it's not like covid patients come in with covid stamped on their forehead. Sometimes diagnosis is difficult, sometimes the info is changing on a daily or weekly basis, and criteria changes for what is considered a positive covid diagnosis.

This is just nuts that you think that article is some sort of smoking gun of china purposefully lying. Cmon valade, you really dont see that?

And this is not me saying that china isnt lying, I have no clue, but there data simply doesn't back that opinion up. It just doesn't.

Last edited by nastynice; 12-04-2020 at 03:24 AM.

This is your track record I was talking about valade!!

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    This is your track record I was talking about valade!!
    You’ll notice I did not say China was lying, but that they were under reporting their numbers.

Which they were. And you denied that (and likely still do).

You also neglected to quote the part of the article that specifically mentioned officials in Wuhan were under reporting Covid totals to China for fear of punishment. Wonder why you didn’t post that part?

So my track record is being factually correct, and you’re track record is being factually incorrect but still believing you’re right.
    Last edited by valade16; 12-04-2020 at 04:19 AM.

You’ll notice I did not say China was lying, but that they were under reporting their numbers.

Which they were. And you denied that (and likely still do).

You also neglected to quote the part of the article that specifically mentioned officials in Wuhan were under reporting Covid totals to China for fear of punishment. Wonder why you didn’t post that part?

So my track record is being factually correct, and you’re track record is being factually incorrect but still believing you’re right.
    Haha, honestly I read that third line and was like ah hell na, just skimmed thru the rest. I didnt purposefully leave something out to be deceptive, lol.

So what is the point of all of this? That your claim was technically correct? Or were you making a bigger point with all this?

My point was the stats dont support the claim that china is lying. That point still stands. These are completely negligible numbers, off by a thousand or so (I think, please forgive me if I'm technically incorrect by some amount), keep in mind we are currently past 250 thousand dead.

Last edited by nastynice; 12-04-2020 at 04:54 AM.

China built entire hospitals in 3 days and tested entire cities. But duurrrr they underreported a few numbers and muh "freedoms".

Imagine if America tried like 1/100th as hard.

Here in America our government only flexes its power when an Autozone in Portland is burned down or new oil is discovered in the Middle East/Central America. Not to stave off a pandemic.

Edit: just to get out in front of it: I am not saying anything else about China in this post. Only focusing on Covid. We don't need to steer this further off topic.
    Last edited by ManRam; 12-04-2020 at 10:27 AM. Reason: i am a typo machine
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    there are a LOT of situations resulting in eventually fatal virus infections, but you only want to focus on churches like it's the primary one
    Gee, you might figure that it is the primary situation for open discussion here on this thread because — check me if I am wrong — it was the religious institutions themselves were the ones who worked this issue right to the Supreme Court (we’re talking the US Supreme Court — one of the most influential, if not the most, governing bodies in the country).

Funny, isn’t it, given what effects us in a public health crisis*, that we are focused on the demands of religious institutions who feel they are so entitled to special accomodations for completely non-essential activity (congregating indoors en masse to do whatever it is that they do) that they go all the way to the Supreme Court?

Deflect to liquor stores all you want; that is not the crux of the SCOTUS decision.

EDIT: *forget China; this is a homegrown calamity: 3,000 dead in the US yesterday; 8,000 in the last three days — and over 100,000 currently hospitalized, double the number from just one month ago. Of course, religious congregations are not the only ones to blame, by any stretch, but still they earned the negative blowback because of what they initiated.

And if that isn’t sufficiently relevant, I noted that the US Supreme Court yesterday sent a formal edict to the federal judges in California to “reconsider” the states “Tier 1” restrictions in light of the new SC guidelines from the New York ruling earlier in the week.
    Last edited by Crovash; 12-04-2020 at 10:16 AM.

It's downright ****ing hilarious. At least Trump can count on Special to always be here championing him no matter what.

I can't imagine any scenario where all the people fed up with Trump would just abandon PSD in unison....but these guys? It's like someone flipped a switch or pulled the rug right out from underneath 'em.
    except for the fact that I don't support Trump on everything. I've said this many times, but you keep ignoring it and parroting this nonsense that you for some reason need to believe.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

I am so certain their approach was a bad one because at this point the entire world, including Sweden, says it’s a bad one.

And I imagine certainty on anything must be perplexing to you considering you believe there’s a serious possibility Trump may be a Nitrogen breathing Alien.

I imagine to you, even someone certain the sun will come up tomorrow is a level of certainty you are not ready to commit to.
    The thing about Sweden's decision is that other countries made other decisions that had a bearing on Swedens results. If their issue is that their citizenry got lazy then maybe they could have maintained their previous stance and just re-inforced the importance of using more care. I don't know. But I don't have a problem saying I don't care just as you don't have a problem saying you are certain about incredibly complex systems.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    China built entire hospitals in 3 days and tested entire cities. But duurrrr they underreported a few numbers and muh "freedoms".

Imagine if America tried like 1/100th as hard.

Here in America our government only flexes its power when an Autozone in Portland is burned down or new oil is discovered in the Middle East/Central America. Not to stave off a pandemic.

Edit: just to get out in front of it: I am not saying anything else about China in this post. Only focusing on Covid. We don't need to steer this further off topic.
    FWIW there were studies that proved China's claims of testing entire cities were total fictions, and the 3 day "hospital" was not a hospital but basically a shed that they called a hospital.

But yes, if you are willing to do anything to your populace and they know it you can exert far more control