Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 499 of 558 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 8370
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Nasty is over here like “I admit you were right and I was wrong, but you’re an idiot for believing in the evidence that was correct and I’m a genius for disbelieving the evidence”.
    Listen, if that is the sort of evidence you want to hang your hat on, then you are free to do so.

Something tells me if someone used that very same type of evidence to make a point which you disagree with, you would not give it much weight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I honestly don’t even think Special is as slavishly devoted to Trump as he is to China. He wouldn’t even believe China was lying unless China said so
    Yes. China literally has concentration camps for Muslims in West China. They make them watch dear leader propaganda videos and make them eat pork, and who knows probably goddam bats too.

My love for them oozes out my veins.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Listen, if that is the sort of evidence you want to hang your hat on, then you are free to do so.

Something tells me if someone used that very same type of evidence to make a point which you disagree with, you would not give it much weight.
    If someone had suspiciously abnormal numbers, coupled with multiple eyewitness testimony, along with a prolific and well documented history of lying I would give it weight.

You can go back to your 9/11 was an inside job metaphor if you want, but it’s a bad one because it doesn’t take into account the reasonableness of the accusation.

If someone posited the same evidence I had but said it was proof the Chinese artificially created Covid in a lab and their plan was to infect someone traveling to America to cripple us, I wouldn’t believe them. Relative to the evidence that is an extreme claim.

But relative to the evidence “China is downplaying their numbers” is not a ridiculous claim, it’s the most self evident claim imaginable.

I would take far less evidence if someone told me the US was downplaying the number of civilians dead as a result of drone strikes, for instance. Because the US killing civilians and under reporting it is something the US has done frequently.

But if they had the same evidence and tried to say 9/11 was an inside job, no I wouldn’t believe that because it’s an extraordinary claim.

Do you see the difference?

Yes. China literally has concentration camps for Muslims in West China. They make them watch dear leader propaganda videos and make them eat pork, and who knows probably goddam bats too.

Your love does ooze out of you, and the above paragraph is why your love fest with China is so perplexing to the rest of us.

You just asked the question...

You just said we won’t know if that was the better strategy until many years later. I’m saying we know it’s a bad strategy today.
    I didn't say we won't know if that was the better strategy, I said "we are a long long way from proving what is/was the right path".

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Still don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I didn't say we won't know if that was the better strategy, I said "we are a long long way from proving what is/was the right path".
    Well whatever the right path turns out to be, it won’t be the Sweden approach.

If someone had suspiciously abnormal numbers, coupled with multiple eyewitness testimony, along with a prolific and well documented history of lying I would give it weight.

You can go back to your 9/11 was an inside job metaphor if you want, but it’s a bad one because it doesn’t take into account the reasonableness of the accusation.

If someone posited the same evidence I had but said it was proof the Chinese artificially created Covid in a lab and their plan was to infect someone traveling to America to cripple us, I wouldn’t believe them. Relative to the evidence that is an extreme claim.

But relative to the evidence “China is downplaying their numbers” is not a ridiculous claim, it’s the most self evident claim imaginable.

I would take far less evidence if someone told me the US was downplaying the number of civilians dead as a result of drone strikes, for instance. Because the US killing civilians and under reporting it is something the US has done frequently.

But if they had the same evidence and tried to say 9/11 was an inside job, no I wouldn’t believe that because it’s an extraordinary claim.

Do you see the difference?
    Ok. This post is fair, but really we'll see over time..

If you stick to it, then good for you.

So america is lying about the numbers too then, right? Plenty of eyewitness testimony for inflated numbers. Easily believable. It IS america. Can I just take that as fact, and if someone asks for any hard evidence let then know they must be brainwashed by the american propaganda system?

So america is lying about the numbers too then, right? Plenty of eyewitness testimony for inflated numbers. Easily believable. It IS america. Can I just take that as fact, and if someone asks for any hard evidence let then know they must be brainwashed by the american propaganda system?
    Well you are asking why I shouldn’t believe a similar singular piece of evidence as much as I believed the compilation of multiple evidences in regards to China?

If China’s numbers were as high as the US’ currently, no I wouldn’t have believed they were under reporting. Similarly, if the US’ numbers were as low as China’s relative to everyone else’s currently yeah, we probably would be lying/under reporting our numbers.

Your love does ooze out of you, and the above paragraph is why your love fest with China is so perplexing to the rest of us.
    Let me de perplex ify that for you.

I grew up in a country which has had a target on my back. At age 7 I saw the american propaganda system put me in their cross hairs. They ran propaganda murder campaigns against muslims. Aka, war.

This doesn't mean I just hate america and everything about it. I understand that aspect of america, but there also aspects that I am.very grateful for.

You guys are not seeing what china is doing on a world stage. They are the sharpest capitalists on the planet and them beating is at our own game is precisely what is going to push them past us. This doesn't mean I love china, it means they have a very good formula figured out, and i.support it, and I wish we were the ones operating as such. China would not be in the midst of surpassing us if we were.

I admire their approach of how they have enriched their country. I wish we would emulate that. That doesn't mean I admire china top to bottom. I would never live there.

Last edited by nastynice; 12-04-2020 at 01:09 AM.

Well whatever the right path turns out to be, it won’t be the Sweden approach.
    Don't know. There are certainly some negatives to their approach, but the "rightness" of it will never be known because they were the only ones who went that way so they couldn't escape the economic damage done by lockdowns because their economy is tied to other countries that did lock down.

I just don't know how you seem to be so certain in most of your posts.

I honestly don’t even think Special is as slavishly devoted to Trump as he is to China. He wouldn’t even believe China was lying unless China said so
    As much as anything, he's slavishly devoted to the insane notion that he's some sort of genius that is incapable of being wrong. Though yes, he certainly loves him some CHI-NA.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 12-04-2020 at 01:12 AM.

Correct. You are a walking talking contradiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Don't know. There are certainly some negatives to their approach, but the "rightness" of it will never be known because they were the only ones who went that way so they couldn't escape the economic damage done by lockdowns because their economy is tied to other countries that did lock down.

I just don't know how you seem to be so certain in most of your posts.
    I am so certain their approach was a bad one because at this point the entire world, including Sweden, says it’s a bad one.

And I imagine certainty on anything must be perplexing to you considering you believe there’s a serious possibility Trump may be a Nitrogen breathing Alien.

I imagine to you, even someone certain the sun will come up tomorrow is a level of certainty you are not ready to commit to.

Facts, logic, and common sense mean nothing to you. So....sure, go right on ahead and do that. You'll have elite posters such as dbroncsinmo, Nurse Jackie, catman, and ccugrad all on your side if so.