Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 299 of 380 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 5695
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Pretty sure SiteWolf is more than capable of speaking for himself. If I wanted an ultra partisan take (from a grumpy man with an axe to grind) on the question I asked, I would have engaged you directly.

Also, I never said whether I agree with this study or not; I merely shared it. Though I'm certainly not going to make the argument that this virus isn't capable of spreading like wildfire in the proper conditions.

Oh yeah....and I'm laughing my *** off at you for actively trying to catch COVID-19.
    You saying another person is grumpy is the funniest thing I’ve read on here in a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    You saying another person is grumpy is the funniest thing I’ve read on here in a long time

That's good. You seem like you could really use some laughter in your life.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Sweden is about to declare victory over the virus.

https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/i...?itok=POkmuMnm

Meaning what, everyone's been exposed and they can now fully reopen?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Well you don’t declare victory against a virus, that’s just silly. It’s out there and it will return.

That said Sweden and Denmark definitely make a case for taking the herd immunity approach.

But there are also countries in Asia who have been through these outbreaks before (SARS MERS, etc) and went with the mask and lockdown approach and they also are in great shape.

There’s a lot we still don’t know and it’ll be interesting to see which approach is better or if both are effective.

But here’s what we know DOESNT work. A “leader” who contradicts health officials because he’s more interested in personal image and gain than public safety. A leader who says “leave it up to the states” rather than huddling with disease experts and issuing a nationwide plan, whether its herd immunity or mask mandates and lockdown. A leader who openly says he takes no accountability for his actions.

That created a mess. A mess that you’re about to vote for again just because he wears a red tie and not a blue one.

For anyone looking for more than a graph, PBS Newshour had a good piece on this:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/de...-did-they-fare

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    For anyone looking for more than a graph, PBS Newshour had a good piece on this:

But I only want to know the graph part.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    While technically true, it also has to be remembered that Obama was out of office for three years...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Ultimately, it seems to have come down to whether you are willing to accept what amounts to passive euthanasia in hopes (no hard science here yet) that the overall population will be that much stronger.

Nietzsche would approve (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    because they're estimates based on following cell phone data....the AP has identified less than 300 actual cases tied to the rally, this 'study' is looking at cases and extrapolating some weird *** numbers from cell phone data like one individual at the rally is responsible for every new positive in the area they returned to after the rally
    $48K a case?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    $48K a case?
    what's $48k a case? if that's from that study, it's oddly extrapolated as well
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

That said Sweden and Denmark definitely make a case for taking the herd immunity approach.
    We ARE taking the hard immunity approach, what else are we doing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Ultimately, it seems to have come down to whether you are willing to accept what amounts to passive euthanasia in hopes (no hard science here yet) that the overall population will be that much stronger.

Nietzsche would approve (I think).
    Ha nihilism may be extreme.

No tactic to fight this virus results in no deaths. And with the herd immunity approach you’re still quarantining more vulnerable groups.

The lockdown approach is clearly not without its own destruction of life. No jobs mean no coverage and there are cases of people just sitting at home and dying of the virus instead of risking bankrupting medical bills for an ER visit. Evictions, families without food, etc etc

The problem is politics and parties have jumped in to leverage this virus in an election year. They state everything as black v white so we all fall back into teams and fight with each other, donate to a side and vote for them.

The reality is there’s likely no “right” method to handling this. Just different ways and different sacrifices. Lots to learn.

But again, what we do know is that you need responsible leadership who defers tactics to leading infectious disease organizations and scientists to create a clear plan. Not a scientifically illiterate orangutan who openly contradicts experts and then just lets states handle it in their own myriad of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    what's $48k a case? if that's from that study, it's oddly extrapolated as well
    Yeah...250K folks 12 billion dollars. I believe that's 48K a case. Why does that seem,way, way, way off?