Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 743 of 783 FirstFirst ... 243643693733741742743744745753 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,145 of 11732
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I could care less about your opinion. There is literally not a single statistical measure of performance where California did not do better than Florida regarding covid.
    You're bragging about a difference between being 29th vs 27th Real solid accomplishment....

Meanwhile we've been open since at least September when I got down here. You guys acted like we were gonna turn into a war zone. You barely and I mean barely came out of it with better death numbers and tou sacrificed 8 months to do so.

Florida's awesome.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    You're bragging about a difference between being 29th vs 27th Real solid accomplishment....

Meanwhile we've been open since at least September when I got down here. You guys acted like we were gonna turn into a war zone. You barely and I mean barely came out of it with better death numbers and tou sacrificed 8 months to do so.

Florida's awesome.
    No, you were bragging about how much better Florida did than California despite California literally doing better.

Buddy of mine just got back from visiting the Florida Keys. Said he liked it better than Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I think during flu season, we really need to consider whether masks are a good idea to see every year. I'm not saying a mandate. But just not stigmatizing them for people who wear them. Especially if you are sick and have to go out.
    I think it would make some sense. Would like to get a virus update like we get a pollen update now

No, you were bragging about how much better Florida did than California despite California literally doing better.

Buddy of mine just got back from visiting the Florida Keys. Said he liked it better than Hawaii.
    I'm bragging about us being free for the last 8 months. Florida's awesome.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

It's actually very easy to explain that: their rates aren't that similar.

California has 95,000 cases per 1 million (15th lowest of any state). Florida has 106,000 cases per 1 million (19th highest of any state). They are close in deaths (Florida 27th, California 29th), but even then California is lower (1,676 per 1 million to 1,584 per 1 million).

Who wants to bet the reason California had so many less cases of covid was because they were more strict than Florida?
    Just to guess at Devil's advocate ... there is a very large elderly population in Florida which could swing those numbers some.

California had less cases per capita, less deaths per capita, and has a higher % of the state currently vaccinated (Florida is at 32nd with 34.6% vaccinated, California is 25th at 37.1% vaccinated), and posted a whopping budget surplus.

Florida did a good job all things considered, but California appears to have done a very good job.
    Florida is also one of the oldest states by median age, while California is one of the youngest. For a flu virus that pretty much only kills old people and morbidly obese people that's gotta be worth mentioning.

That said, I don't think this will end here. For most normal people maybe, but for the Branch Covidians it will never end. The theory goes that either the left or right politicized Covid but I've found being a true believer in the doomsday cult of Covidianism transcends political beliefs. It is more like life philosophies.

For instance I could have guessed on this forum who would have been the totally nuts people who locked themselves in a closet for a year flat. Similarly, I'm sure most people here would have guessed someone like me wouldn't be too concerned about it. I haven't worn a mask since last summer - to some nutcases in this country I am basically a mass murderer.

Let's hope it's all over but I seriously doubt it! I'll predict general lockdowns again by November.

1.67 vs 1.58. This is not something to hang your hat on when you sacrificed 8 months. It's practically insignificant.

I think everyone would have guessed you wouldn’t wear a mask. I’d further guess you don’t plan on getting the vaccine either.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Florida is also one of the oldest states by median age, while California is one of the youngest. For a flu virus that pretty much only kills old people and morbidly obese people that's gotta be worth mentioning.

That said, I don't think this will end here. For most normal people maybe, but for the Branch Covidians it will never end. The theory goes that either the left or right politicized Covid but I've found being a true believer in the doomsday cult of Covidianism transcends political beliefs. It is more like life philosophies.

For instance I could have guessed on this forum who would have been the totally nuts people who locked themselves in a closet for a year flat. Similarly, I'm sure most people here would have guessed someone like me wouldn't be too concerned about it. I haven't worn a mask since last summer - to some nutcases in this country I am basically a mass murderer.

Let's hope it's all over but I seriously doubt it! I'll predict general lockdowns again by November.
    #nonewnormal

I think everyone would have guessed you wouldn’t wear a mask. I’d further guess you don’t plan on getting the vaccine either.
    Injecting myself with an experimental drug that is closer to gene therapy than it is a vaccine and for which there are no long-term human study trials (and which did not even finish animal trials) is definitely not something I plan on doing.

Any young and healthy person who gets the vaccine is taking a great chance, for basically no benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    1.67 vs 1.58. This is not something to hang your hat on when you sacrificed 8 months. It's practically insignificant.
    It’d have been the difference in over 2,000 deaths.

Injecting myself with an experimental drug that is closer to gene therapy than it is a vaccine and for which there are no long-term human study trials (and which did not even finish animal trials) is definitely not something I plan on doing.

Any young and healthy person who gets the vaccine is taking a great chance, for basically no benefit.
    You’re right, everyone on the forum could have guessed this would be your position.

You’re right, everyone on the forum could have guessed this would be your position.
    We could have guessed yours too, even through the muffled shrieks.

We could have guessed yours too, even through the muffled shrieks.
    Future generations will have a harder time guessing why someone behaved as you did during all this.

It’d have been the difference in over 2,000 deaths.
    Which is a drop in the bucket in a country with a population of 330 million people. And that's not even factoring our elderly demographic. If you guys had any leg to stand on we'd be first in deaths. Too bad it didn't happen. You were definitely rooting for an I told you so moment though. Here you are talking about a two spot difference on a list.