Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 742 of 780 FirstFirst ... 242642692732740741742743744752 ... LastLast
Results 11,116 to 11,130 of 11698
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    It would be impossible to quantify who got sick due to not staying at home vs wearing a mask so it's obvious my comment wasn't meant to be taken literally. It's almost like I didn't just say wearing a mask if you're sick would help decrease the amount of flu cases... What else do you want to rehash about?
    My point was that masks have most definitely been helpful and should have been worn over the last year and change regardless of whether one thinks they were sick or not.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Hard to explain a state like Florida (oldest in the nation) having similar rates as California (younger and much more strict)
    It's actually very easy to explain that: their rates aren't that similar.

California has 95,000 cases per 1 million (15th lowest of any state). Florida has 106,000 cases per 1 million (19th highest of any state). They are close in deaths (Florida 27th, California 29th), but even then California is lower (1,676 per 1 million to 1,584 per 1 million).

Who wants to bet the reason California had so many less cases of covid was because they were more strict than Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No, not being around anyone helped that. Also classifying all deaths as COVID if it was found helped as well.
    If you have any evidence of faked COVID deaths, you can feel free to expose it. Until then, stop simply making that **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    My point was that masks have most definitely been helpful and should have been worn over the last year and change regardless of whether one thinks they were sick or not.
    And did I disagree with your point? All I said was staying home obviously would decrease the flu rate which would have nothing to do with the mask. If people are staying home, there is no need to wear the mask, hence, lower flu rate....

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It's actually very easy to explain that: their rates aren't that similar.

California has 95,000 cases per 1 million (15th lowest of any state). Florida has 106,000 cases per 1 million (19th highest of any state). They are close in deaths (Florida 27th, California 29th), but even then California is lower (1,676 per 1 million to 1,584 per 1 million).

Who wants to bet the reason California had so many less cases of covid was because they were more strict than Florida?
    Deaths are the number that matters. We didn't lock down to avoid the sniffles.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You'd never.
    Again I do my own research before I quote something. This is ironic because I dont think you've posted anything of relevance (in any thread) in months.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Deaths are the number that matters. We didn't lock down to avoid the sniffles.
    Well in that case California still did better than Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    And did I disagree with your point? All I said was staying home obviously would decrease the flu rate which would have nothing to do with the mask. If people are staying home, there is no need to wear the mask, hence, lower flu rate....
    You certainly appeared to be inferring that masks have not been especially helpful in keeping flu numbers down over the last year or so. :shrug;

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

I think one of them sent a swat team to some lady’s house bc she was trying to dispute the reported numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-14-2021 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Just barely. And we've been living our lives the whole time. Desantis is the man. Vaccine rollout was on point. Don't encounter too many libs down here complaining about it either. Florida got it right.

Just barely. And we've been living our lives the whole time. Desantis is the man. Vaccine rollout was on point. Don't encounter too many libs down here complaining about it either. Florida got it right.
    California had less cases per capita, less deaths per capita, and has a higher % of the state currently vaccinated (Florida is at 32nd with 34.6% vaccinated, California is 25th at 37.1% vaccinated), and posted a whopping budget surplus.

Florida did a good job all things considered, but California appears to have done a very good job.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

California had less cases per capita, less deaths per capita, and has a higher % of the state currently vaccinated (Florida is at 32nd with 34.6% vaccinated, California is 25th at 37.1% vaccinated), and posted a whopping budget surplus.

Florida did a good job all things considered, but California appears to have done a very good job.
    I could care less that Cali had fewer people with a one day itchy throat. The vaccine was readily available down here while u guys were still complaining about not being able to get one.

I could care less that Cali had fewer people with a one day itchy throat. The vaccine was readily available down here while u guys were still complaining about not being able to get one.
    I could care less about your opinion. There is literally not a single statistical measure of performance where California did not do better than Florida regarding covid.