Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 214 of 332 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4978
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I have definitely come to the point where I will not vote for anyone who self-identifies with the national Republican party. Maybe I’d vote for a Republican locally if he or she clearly distances himself or herself from the national party — assuming there are even such candidates (as in I think I’d vote for SiteWolf).

Before you go off, this does not mean I wil necessarily vote only for Democrats. In fact, I am almost to the point where I’d says the same for the national Democratic Party.

Assuming I even bother to vote at all — a much more likely possibility given how disgusted I am with the direction this country is going (and has been for decades).
    Crovash 2024!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    And the number of people who don't vote grows. I don't blame the people who don't vote, but the the politicans who encourage this by the agenda they push. Most people are for medicare for all, making pot legal, changes in our justice system, stricter environmental policies and increasing more are for economic equality. Our leader aren't. They represent us but they cater more to the donor class. They want to maintain this status quo, we don't.

I am leaning toward not voting, Biden wish to take advantage of the "anybody but Trump" movement more then representing the people issues. He told his big time donors that nothing will change when he becomes president. Yeah, that is real inspirational for me.
    Scratch that 2020

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    You can only protect yourself and yours in that case.
    Yeah, but that’s not really how it works.

I can protect others. Unless I stay home (which for my job is an impossibility), I depend on others.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Anonymous sources from a Vanity Fair article, lol.
    It comports with everything else we've seen. They have always not taken things seriously if the issue appears to be affecting primarily Democrats over Republicans. They've also taken actions that are designed to punish Democrats. Just look at the tax bill that Trump signed. It was explicitly targeted at punishing residents of Democratic states by raising their taxes.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Herman Cain dying the same day John Lewis is being eulogized. Both grew up in the Jim Crow South but Lewis took one fork in the road and Cain took the complete opposite one. Their legacies will speak for themselves but I think it's obvious how much one's is going to tower over the other's. And rightfully so.
    How come Herman didn’t go see respected Dr. Stella Immanuel and get some hydroxychloroquine or some alien DNA or something?

The Lost Boys of PSD

If you were looking for evidence that Republicans in Congress have no sympathy for workers facing illness or worse from the coronavirus pandemic, look past the party's proposal to cut unemployment benefits.

The GOP proposal would make it virtually impossible for a worker to sue his or her place of employment by absolving employers of responsibility for taking any but the most minimal steps to make their workplaces safe.

It would preempt tough state workplace safety laws (not that there are very many of them).

And while shutting the courthouse door to workers, it would allow employers to sue workers for demanding safer conditions.

This is the provision that McConnell has described as his "red line" in negotiations over the next coronavirus relief bill, meaning that he intends to demand that it be incorporated in anything passed on Capitol Hill and sent to President Trump for his signature.

The provision would be retroactive to last Dec. 1 and remain in effect at least until Oct. 1, 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    If you were looking for evidence that Republicans in Congress have no sympathy for workers facing illness or worse from the coronavirus pandemic, look past the party's proposal to cut unemployment benefits.

The GOP proposal would make it virtually impossible for a worker to sue his or her place of employment by absolving employers of responsibility for taking any but the most minimal steps to make their workplaces safe.

It would preempt tough state workplace safety laws (not that there are very many of them).

And while shutting the courthouse door to workers, it would allow employers to sue workers for demanding safer conditions.

This is the provision that McConnell has described as his "red line" in negotiations over the next coronavirus relief bill, meaning that he intends to demand that it be incorporated in anything passed on Capitol Hill and sent to President Trump for his signature.

The provision would be retroactive to last Dec. 1 and remain in effect at least until Oct. 1, 2024.
    And not to mention they again have added some other **** that gives the rich and corporations more tax breaks.

And what the **** do they need another FBI building?

Workers have been voting against their own best interest for so long, these politicans are starting to be up front about screwing them knowing they will still be re-elected. If you got willing chumps voting for you, why not screw them to put cash into your pockets.

I am starting to think our system of democracy is a failed experiment because people are to gullible, trusting and willfully ignorant for it to work properly.

No wonder Trump wanted to be president, this game is suited for his talent to exploit others for his personal gain.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    And not to mention they again have added some other **** that gives the rich and corporations more tax breaks.

And what the **** do they need another FBI building?
    because they've been asking for one for years, according to Donnie

needed or not, it has no place being shoved into a stim package....nor do tax breaks (tho I've not seen who'd get them, maybe some of it is legit)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The FBI Building (Hoover Building) is one of the dumbest looking buildings that I have ever seen. It looks like a building built on top of another building.

Regardless, this isn't the time to be replacing it and it should never be part of any economic relief package…nor should the Kennedy Center have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    The FBI Building (Hoover Building) is one of the dumbest looking buildings that I have ever seen. It looks like a building built on top of another building.

Regardless, this isn't the time to be replacing it and it should never be part of any economic relief package…nor should the Kennedy Center have been.
    Yea I don't care what the building looks like. If it is structurally unsound, then it should definitely be moved. But yea it definitely doesn't belong in the economic package.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    If the right could figure out satire, I think the left would be 100% doomed in politics. It's the only skillset that most liberals have to fight back. For some reason outside of it, they aren't willing to get in the mud and fight.
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I have rights I ain’t wearing a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I have rights I ain’t wearing a mask.
    Pretty much captures our most selfish nature.
    _____