Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 916 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 4168168669069149159169179189269661016 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,740 of 17190
  1. #13726
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Oh and here’s where it says they’re 98% vaccinated

    https://www.georgetown.edu/coronavir...-19-dashboard/

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I asked you a question in the Joe Biden thread. Stop being a coward and go answer it.

  2. #13727
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,959

    COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Oh and here’s where it says they’re 98% vaccinated

    https://www.georgetown.edu/coronavir...-19-dashboard/

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m guessing G-Town has mandated vaccination to be on campus but has some exceptions and still requires masks in doors. Is that right? That would explain the 98%. If so the mask requirement does seem excessive. If they don’t have a vaccine mandate I don’t know how the % could be that high or how they could know with any certainty

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-16-2021 at 06:53 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #13728
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,261
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I’m guessing G-Town has mandated vaccination to be on campus but has some exceptions and still requires masks in doors. Is that right? That would explain the 98%. If so the mask requirement does seem excessive. If they don’t have a vaccine mandate I don’t know how the % could be that high or how they could know with any certainty

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Georgetown does have a vaccine mandate for all staff and students, they aren't the only ones Connecticut college is in full lock down despite a 98% vaccination rate among students and a 93 ish rate among staff.

  4. #13729
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,261
    So apparently Vaccinated individuals spread Covid as much as unvaccinated, and I guess the CDC knew that.


    https://californianewstimes.com/alar...ntinel/470461/

    How are we supposed to achieve the goal of Covid Zero (i.e. no new covid cases) if the vaccine doesn't stop the spread like we've been told it does.

  5. #13730
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,261
    **** this is honestly the first time during the last year+ that I'm starting to think this whole Covid thing is hopeless.

    Israel is seeing massive amounts of out break despite being heavily vax'd were so ****ing boned.

  6. #13731
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    5,365
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    **** this is honestly the first time during the last year+ that I'm starting to think this whole Covid thing is hopeless.

    Israel is seeing massive amounts of out break despite being heavily vax'd were so ****ing boned.
    anecdotally the variations overall seem to be less (in spread and/or symptoms)
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  7. #13732
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,959

    COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Georgetown does have a vaccine mandate for all staff and students, they aren't the only ones Connecticut college is in full lock down despite a 98% vaccination rate among students and a 93 ish rate among staff.
    What does “Full lockdown”mean?

    As for G-Town idk it does sound excessive. Perhaps they are concerned about the Vaxxed being able to spread more with the variant. I do think it is there choice. Being up in arms about it is pretty soft. That’s the crazy thing about this debate the “my rights” crowd are soft AF.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-16-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #13733
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,450
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    So apparently Vaccinated individuals spread Covid as much as unvaccinated, and I guess the CDC knew that.


    https://californianewstimes.com/alar...ntinel/470461/

    How are we supposed to achieve the goal of Covid Zero (i.e. no new covid cases) if the vaccine doesn't stop the spread like we've been told it does.
    From the article…

    “According to the memo, the vaccine reduces the risk of serious illness and death by a factor of 10 and the risk of infection by a factor of 3.”

    It does very much help mitigate the spread (as evidenced by the case numbers and where they’re located). Of course may not get to zero, indicating landing on an endemic. But if people aren’t getting infected as much, it VERY much helps reduce the spread and the R0 number by being vaccinated because you’re less likely to catch it (and thus spread to others).

    Also I’ve seen other studies that say that the load still isn’t as effective as a full strength virus when coming from vaccinated individuals (somehow getting beat up by the antibodies).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  9. #13734
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,829
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    From the article…

    “According to the memo, the vaccine reduces the risk of serious illness and death by a factor of 10 and the risk of infection by a factor of 3.”

    It does very much help mitigate the spread (as evidenced by the case numbers and where they’re located). Of course may not get to zero, indicating landing on an endemic. But if people aren’t getting infected as much, it VERY much helps reduce the spread and the R0 number by being vaccinated because you’re less likely to catch it (and thus spread to others).

    Also I’ve seen other studies that say that the load still isn’t as effective as a full strength virus when coming from vaccinated individuals (somehow getting beat up by the antibodies).
    Wait, you mean to tell me Ciaban didn’t read the full article he posted? Get out…

  10. #13735
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,829
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Georgetown does have a vaccine mandate for all staff and students, they aren't the only ones Connecticut college is in full lock down despite a 98% vaccination rate among students and a 93 ish rate among staff.
    What do you mean? Am I crazy or is Georgetown in DC not Connecticut?

  11. #13736
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,167
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Georgetown does have a vaccine mandate for all staff and students, they aren't the only ones Connecticut college is in full lock down despite a 98% vaccination rate among students and a 93 ish rate among staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What do you mean? Am I crazy or is Georgetown in DC not Connecticut?
    His puntuation is atrocious, so you missed what should have been a period or a semi-colon. Connecticut College is in Connecticut. Apparently, it is in lockdown, as is Georgetown University (which of course is in DC).

    None of which matters, really.

  12. #13737
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,261
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What does “Full lockdown”mean?

    As for G-Town idk it does sound excessive. Perhaps they are concerned about the Vaxxed being able to spread more with the variant. I do think it is there choice. Being up in arms about it is pretty soft. That’s the crazy thing about this debate the “my rights” crowd are soft AF.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At Connecticut college, it means in-person classes are canceled, you are not allowed to leave your dorm (except for medical emergencies, no outdoor eating, even if socially distanced, masked basically at all times.
    They even have a creepy war on terror style color-coded threat alert system.
    I'd say they're definitely in the extreme even among colleges, but a lot of other ones are pretty crazy too. G-Town requires everyone to wear masks at all times, no removing it to drink water, and the Dean is promoting snitching.

  13. #13738
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,261
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What do you mean? Am I crazy or is Georgetown in DC not Connecticut?
    These are two colleges that I'm talking about, George town is in DC, Connecticut College is a different school I was referencing that's obviously in CT

  14. #13739
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,143
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    So apparently Vaccinated individuals spread Covid as much as unvaccinated, and I guess the CDC knew that.


    https://californianewstimes.com/alar...ntinel/470461/

    How are we supposed to achieve the goal of Covid Zero (i.e. no new covid cases) if the vaccine doesn't stop the spread like we've been told it does.
    This is completely untrue. Vaccinated people are 5 times less likely to even be infected than someone not vaccinated.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  15. #13740
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,143
    Crazy as this sounds, i side with Brewer here. No masks should be required with a 98% vaccination rate.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •