Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 916 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 4168168669069149159169179189269661016 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,740 of 17190
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Oh and here’s where it says they’re 98% vaccinated

https://www.georgetown.edu/coronavir...-19-dashboard/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I asked you a question in the Joe Biden thread. Stop being a coward and go answer it.

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Oh and here’s where it says they’re 98% vaccinated

https://www.georgetown.edu/coronavir...-19-dashboard/

I’m guessing G-Town has mandated vaccination to be on campus but has some exceptions and still requires masks in doors. Is that right? That would explain the 98%. If so the mask requirement does seem excessive. If they don’t have a vaccine mandate I don’t know how the % could be that high or how they could know with any certainty

Last edited by ewing; 09-16-2021 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I’m guessing G-Town has mandated vaccination to be on campus but has some exceptions and still requires masks in doors. Is that right? That would explain the 98%. If so the mask requirement does seem excessive. If they don’t have a vaccine mandate I don’t know how the % could be that high or how they could know with any certainty

Georgetown does have a vaccine mandate for all staff and students, they aren't the only ones Connecticut college is in full lock down despite a 98% vaccination rate among students and a 93 ish rate among staff.

So apparently Vaccinated individuals spread Covid as much as unvaccinated, and I guess the CDC knew that.

https://californianewstimes.com/alar...ntinel/470461/

How are we supposed to achieve the goal of Covid Zero (i.e. no new covid cases) if the vaccine doesn't stop the spread like we've been told it does.

**** this is honestly the first time during the last year+ that I'm starting to think this whole Covid thing is hopeless.

Israel is seeing massive amounts of out break despite being heavily vax'd were so ****ing boned.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    **** this is honestly the first time during the last year+ that I'm starting to think this whole Covid thing is hopeless.

Israel is seeing massive amounts of out break despite being heavily vax'd were so ****ing boned.
    anecdotally the variations overall seem to be less (in spread and/or symptoms)
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

Georgetown does have a vaccine mandate for all staff and students, they aren't the only ones Connecticut college is in full lock down despite a 98% vaccination rate among students and a 93 ish rate among staff.
    What does “Full lockdown”mean?

As for G-Town idk it does sound excessive. Perhaps they are concerned about the Vaxxed being able to spread more with the variant. I do think it is there choice. Being up in arms about it is pretty soft. That’s the crazy thing about this debate the “my rights” crowd are soft AF.

Last edited by ewing; 09-16-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

So apparently Vaccinated individuals spread Covid as much as unvaccinated, and I guess the CDC knew that.

How are we supposed to achieve the goal of Covid Zero (i.e. no new covid cases) if the vaccine doesn't stop the spread like we've been told it does.
    From the article…

“According to the memo, the vaccine reduces the risk of serious illness and death by a factor of 10 and the risk of infection by a factor of 3.”

It does very much help mitigate the spread (as evidenced by the case numbers and where they’re located). Of course may not get to zero, indicating landing on an endemic. But if people aren’t getting infected as much, it VERY much helps reduce the spread and the R0 number by being vaccinated because you’re less likely to catch it (and thus spread to others).

Also I’ve seen other studies that say that the load still isn’t as effective as a full strength virus when coming from vaccinated individuals (somehow getting beat up by the antibodies).

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    From the article…

“According to the memo, the vaccine reduces the risk of serious illness and death by a factor of 10 and the risk of infection by a factor of 3.”

It does very much help mitigate the spread (as evidenced by the case numbers and where they’re located). Of course may not get to zero, indicating landing on an endemic. But if people aren’t getting infected as much, it VERY much helps reduce the spread and the R0 number by being vaccinated because you’re less likely to catch it (and thus spread to others).

Also I’ve seen other studies that say that the load still isn’t as effective as a full strength virus when coming from vaccinated individuals (somehow getting beat up by the antibodies).
    Wait, you mean to tell me Ciaban didn’t read the full article he posted? Get out…

What do you mean? Am I crazy or is Georgetown in DC not Connecticut?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    His puntuation is atrocious, so you missed what should have been a period or a semi-colon. Connecticut College is in Connecticut. Apparently, it is in lockdown, as is Georgetown University (which of course is in DC).

None of which matters, really.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What does “Full lockdown”mean?

As for G-Town idk it does sound excessive. Perhaps they are concerned about the Vaxxed being able to spread more with the variant. I do think it is there choice. Being up in arms about it is pretty soft. That’s the crazy thing about this debate the “my rights” crowd are soft AF.

At Connecticut college, it means in-person classes are canceled, you are not allowed to leave your dorm (except for medical emergencies, no outdoor eating, even if socially distanced, masked basically at all times.
    They even have a creepy war on terror style color-coded threat alert system.
    I'd say they're definitely in the extreme even among colleges, but a lot of other ones are pretty crazy too. G-Town requires everyone to wear masks at all times, no removing it to drink water, and the Dean is promoting snitching.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    These are two colleges that I'm talking about, George town is in DC, Connecticut College is a different school I was referencing that's obviously in CT

This is completely untrue. Vaccinated people are 5 times less likely to even be infected than someone not vaccinated.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Crazy as this sounds, i side with Brewer here. No masks should be required with a 98% vaccination rate.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK