Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 917 of 1053 FirstFirst ... 4178178679079159169179189199279671017 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,755 of 15782
  1. #13741
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,245
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    So apparently Vaccinated individuals spread Covid as much as unvaccinated, and I guess the CDC knew that.


    https://californianewstimes.com/alar...ntinel/470461/

    How are we supposed to achieve the goal of Covid Zero (i.e. no new covid cases) if the vaccine doesn't stop the spread like we've been told it does.
    This is kind of old news. It's why the mask mandates people are still whining about were put back into place.

  2. #13742
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,648
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    From the article…

    “According to the memo, the vaccine reduces the risk of serious illness and death by a factor of 10 and the risk of infection by a factor of 3.”

    It does very much help mitigate the spread (as evidenced by the case numbers and where they’re located). Of course may not get to zero, indicating landing on an endemic. But if people aren’t getting infected as much, it VERY much helps reduce the spread and the R0 number by being vaccinated because you’re less likely to catch it (and thus spread to others).

    Also I’ve seen other studies that say that the load still isn’t as effective as a full strength virus when coming from vaccinated individuals (somehow getting beat up by the antibodies).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw that, however, Israel's total caseload is around where it was before the vaccine came around.
    https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/israel/
    They're currently at about 82k around this time in Feb they were around 84k cases.
    And they had 65 people die of Covid last Sept 5th alone, the last time it was around that bad was Feb 2nd, before the vaccine got rolled out.
    I'm starting to fear that the vaccine isn't going to prevent serious illness and deaths.
    This is all happening in the most vax'd country in the world.

    politico.com/news/2021/09/14/covid-israel-data-vaccine-efficacy-511777

  3. #13743
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,648
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    This is kind of old news. It's why the mask mandates people are still whining about were put back into place.
    They have mask mandates in Israel and it's not working. They reintroduced them last July, and it's worse now than it was then.

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7497125/
    Here's a research paper from the NCBI

    The whole thing is worth a read, but I'll just quote the conclusion.
    **Cloth face masks have limited efficacy in combating viral infection transmission. However, it may be used in closed, crowded indoor, and outdoor public spaces involving physical proximity to prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 infection.**

    While it says that they may be used in certain spaces, it does come to the conclusion that they're not particularly helpful.

    N95 masks are fantastic, everything else is better than nothing, but not a whole lot of help.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 09-16-2021 at 02:34 PM.

  4. #13744
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    This is completely untrue. Vaccinated people are 5 times less likely to even be infected than someone not vaccinated.
    This is 100% what I believed until the info from Israel started coming out. I knew the efficacy wained over time, but I didn't think it was this bad.


    Then how do we square the information coming out of Israel, where their caseload is basically the same as it was in Feb before they had the vaccine?
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 09-16-2021 at 02:34 PM.

  5. #13745
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,663
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    At Connecticut college, it means in-person classes are canceled, you are not allowed to leave your dorm (except for medical emergencies, no outdoor eating, even if socially distanced, masked basically at all times.
    They even have a creepy war on terror style color-coded threat alert system.
    I'd say they're definitely in the extreme even among colleges, but a lot of other ones are pretty crazy too. G-Town requires everyone to wear masks at all times, no removing it to drink water, and the Dean is promoting snitching.
    do you expect people to take you seriously when you say this?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #13746
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    5,648
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    do you expect people to take you seriously when you say this?
    He actually is though.
    Agree or disagree with the decision, how else should we interpret it when the dean of the law school tells students not just to encourage others to chide other students but provides them with a link to report violations?

  7. #13747
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,245
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    They have mask mandates in Israel and it's not working. They reintroduced them last July, and it's worse now than it was then.

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7497125/
    Here's a research paper from the NCBI

    The whole thing is worth a read, but I'll just quote the conclusion.
    **Cloth face masks have limited efficacy in combating viral infection transmission. However, it may be used in closed, crowded indoor, and outdoor public spaces involving physical proximity to prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 infection.**

    While it says that they may be used in certain spaces, it does come to the conclusion that they're not particularly helpful.

    N95 masks are fantastic, everything else is better than nothing, but not a whole lot of help.
    May be used in certain spaces to do what?

  8. #13748
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,663
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    He actually is though.
    Agree or disagree with the decision, how else should we interpret it when the dean of the law school tells students not just to encourage others to chide other students but provides them with a link to report violations?
    Do you really expect people to take you seriously with that intrepration?

  9. #13749
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,966
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I saw that, however, Israel's total caseload is around where it was before the vaccine came around.
    https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/israel/
    They're currently at about 82k around this time in Feb they were around 84k cases.
    And they had 65 people die of Covid last Sept 5th alone, the last time it was around that bad was Feb 2nd, before the vaccine got rolled out.
    I'm starting to fear that the vaccine isn't going to prevent serious illness and deaths.
    This is all happening in the most vax'd country in the world.

    politico.com/news/2021/09/14/covid-israel-data-vaccine-efficacy-511777
    Are they actually the most vaccinated country in the world or are they counting those who have a natural immunity among those who are "vaccinated" because they have the antibodies?

  10. #13750
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    41,245
    Israel will also tell you that the incidence of serious disease, just like here, is almost entirely among the unvaccinated.

    Weird that that hasn't been mentioned yet.

  11. #13751
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,966
    Fingerbang, Ciaban, and all these people who are trying to argue against the vaccine (I know, Ciaban is "pro" vaccine) are very fond of using a single country as data as opposed to going with the entirety of the information.

    First it was Netherlands natural immunity approach, which ended terribly. Then it was Florida, which ended terribly. Now they want us to focus on Israel alone.


    Why should we focus on a single country as opposed to the totality of the data?

  12. #13752
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,388
    Good grief all these people are insane. Nicki Minaj fans are now protesting the CDC claiming they trust her and not them.


  13. #13753
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,663
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Fingerbang, Ciaban, and all these people who are trying to argue against the vaccine (I know, Ciaban is "pro" vaccine) are very fond of using a single country as data as opposed to going with the entirety of the information.

    First it was Netherlands natural immunity approach, which ended terribly. Then it was Florida, which ended terribly. Now they want us to focus on Israel alone.


    Why should we focus on a single country as opposed to the totality of the data?
    I think we should only focus on CHINA!
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #13754
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,140
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    This is 100% what I believed until the info from Israel started coming out. I knew the efficacy wained over time, but I didn't think it was this bad.


    Then how do we square the information coming out of Israel, where their caseload is basically the same as it was in Feb before they had the vaccine?
    Israel is likely testing vaccinated asymptomatic people too much. The PCR test is problematic on this group of people.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...ng-vaccinated/

    Israel has been a big outlier.

    The vaccinated still have a considerably lower chance of getting infected than those who aren't protected that way. Look at data collected from Los Angeles County over the summer as the delta variant started to surge in Southern California: Unvaccinated people were five times more likely to test positive than those who were vaccinated.

    Recent research has tried to pin down how well the vaccines are working against preventing any breakthrough cases during the delta surge, but much of that comes from other countries and estimates vary significantly.

    In the U.S., a study published recently in The New England Journal of Medicine concluded that vaccine effectiveness "against any symptomatic disease is considerably lower against the delta variant," dropping from over 90% earlier in the year before delta was the predominant strain to only about 65% in July. Research on breakthrough infections over the summer in New York found the vaccines were still overall about 80% effective against any infection. Each study has its limits.
    source
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  15. #13755
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,519

    COVID-19 Response: An issue that shouldn't be at all political....yet here we are

    So Laura Loomer who once claimed she wanted to get covid to prove is nothing, now has it and is crying how bad it is.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •