Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 237 of 325 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4867
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Hey' I've actually gone outside over the last five months unlike most of you.
    More nonsense insults. It’s all you have on this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, you're right. Maybe we shouldn't have ruined the economy over such a small number.
    Any clue how much bigger it would be without any shutdowns?

Oh yea, because here in NY we're still actively ****ing the economy and cases plateaued two months ago, lol.
    You are trolling, right (because no one could knowingly be this dense)?

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    It’s an infectious disease. We created an entire entity of experts on the topic.

But your first move as leader is to act on your own gut instead of conferring with experts in the topic.

Would you also have no cabinet? Recession hits and you make decisions without consulting your financial and economy experts. Go to war without consulting the pentagon?

I think the type of government you’d run are the types we’ve fought against.

Hey, you're the one worried about swine flu with a 40% mortality rate originating from China. Will you call it racist this time around?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Any clue how much bigger it would be without any shutdowns?

Probably not much bigger. Would have been faster. We have a pretty good idea of what it has done based on areas where shutdowns didn't work/places that did nothing.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You are trolling, right (because no one could knowingly be this dense)?
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/new-york/

I love the way people pick and choose when to use comparisons of other countries and when to deny them. Healthcare, guns, COVID...

Nicaragua is run by Sandinistas who refused to shut anything down, refused mask and distancing guidance. Now their legislators (and thousands others) are dying of it.

We’re still learning so much about this disease, but yeah the experts state they know what to do on a sports message board.

Probably not much bigger. Would have been faster. We have a pretty good idea of what it has done based on areas where shutdowns didn't work/places that did nothing.
    Cool hunch. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to? Who needs epidemiologists when you’ve got fingerbang.

I love the way people pick and choose when to use comparisons of other countries and when to deny them. Healthcare, guns, COVID...

Nicaragua is run by Sandinistas who refused to shut anything down, refused mask and distancing guidance. Now their legislators (and thousands others) are dying of it.

We’re still learning so much about this disease, but yeah the experts state they know what to do on a sports message board.
    As I already stated Central America only got hit until more recently. Nicaragua isn't the only country in Central America that's been slammed. Talk about picking and choosing, lol.

I know the numbers, and there is a good reason why they are what they are. You call it “actively ****ing” the economy. I call it being appropriately cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I know the numbers, and there is a good reason why they are what they are. You call it “actively ****ing” the economy. I call it being appropriately cautious.
    Being "appropriately cautious" has a massive cost attached to it. The local economy is completely ****ed and the tax dollars that you guys love to fling around are drying up.

As I already stated Central America only got hit until more recently. Nicaragua isn't the only country in Central America that's been slammed. Talk about picking and choosing, lol.
    They’re all getting crushed. Brazil is a nightmare mostly because they have who they call “Tropical Trump” leading the country into a mess on all fronts.

Colombia is so bad that all those people who fled Venezuela a while back are trying to head back. Peru has one of the worst rates.

It’s just laughable to watch people who spend their lives studying infectious disease constantly give us updates and say there’s a lot more to learn, but see armchair experts state baseless things with such certainty.

Being "appropriately cautious" has a massive cost attached to it. The local economy is completely ****ed and the tax dollars that you guys love to fling around are drying up.
    What’s a few hundred thousand more dead grandparents worth to ya?

I get it. This is an economic hardship on a lot of businesses. And it has a cost.

And helping its own population, particularly in times of crisis, is what I believe the government exists for (not invading sovereign countries, establishing huge tax breaks for the wealthy and their venal corporations, subsidizing big pharma and fossil fuels, bloating its military and homeland security, legitimizing offshore tax shelters, and the like)
    ).

What’s a few hundred thousand more dead grandparents worth to ya?

NYC already lost the battle with roney. We're just making things worse at this point. You know, it still spreads during lockdowns, lol.