Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 233 of 422 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 6321
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    More like you'd barely notice (if not outright ignore and/or actively deny) anything that doesn't neatly align with your disillusioned old conservative dude point of view.
    I love it, four posts ago you were *****ing about insults.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The regular flu has had years where it's killed 80,000 and we've never had a thread about it.
    More cherry picked nonsense:

a) we've only had a flu death tally that high once in the last 40 plus years

b) there's pretty effective vaccines for the flu

....and let's not pretend like you wouldn't be questioning those tallies (which were come upon via statistical models and estimates) if they didn't fit your warped worldview.

Next!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Barely notice? I know ER doctors and police officers who would like to hear this perspective.

Media will sensationalize anything. Thereís no doubt about that. Theyíll cover a car fire on the interstate like itís a Holocaust.

That said, to shrug this off like that is just insane. This is bad and we donít know enough about it, but if we hadnít **** down the way we did, itís hard to imagine how much worse this could be.

Tune out the media and focus on disease experts. Mike Osterholm has a great podcast and heís one of the leading minds on infectious disease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We'd undoubtedly be in a better spot currently. We slowed the spread which made it last longer. It slows down on it's own - see Sweden.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

The regular flu has had years where it's killed 80,000 and we've never had a thread about it.
    If you listen to disease experts they say the flu is also serious. Something we have a vaccine for that still kills thousands is something to be concerned about. Common flu is why some other countries take mask and distancing precautions regularly.

Either way, this is way different than the flu in the way it spreads and attacks the body. I have two family members who spent days in the ICU with COVID. I do not know anyone who has had that experience with the flu.

Has the flu overwhelmed NYC hospitals to the point of mass deaths and a need for an additional morgue?

This is all with shutdown measures taken. Imagine how much worse if we hadnít.

I canít imagine seeing whatís going on and taking such a dissenting opinion on a matter of public health. This is like flat earthers and creationists.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    More cherry picked nonsense:

a) we've only had a flu death tally that high once in the last 40 plus years

b) there's pretty effective vaccines for the flu

....and let's not pretend like you wouldn't be questioning those tallies (which were come upon via statistical models and estimates) if they didn't fit your warped worldview.

Next!
    Yea, and it was two years ago and not a single one of you gave a flying ****.

We'd undoubtedly be in a better spot currently. We slowed the spread which made it last longer. It slows down on it's own - see Sweden.
    Sweden looked good for a while and then had a huge uptick.

We wonít know the right measures until we have more info and that could take months more.

But acting like this is no big deal or the same as the flu is crazy.

We wonít know the right measures until we have more info and that could take months more.

In late June. I'm looking at the graph. And it wasn't an uptick, it was the peak. They've consistently gone down since.

Cool so letís start a flu awareness thread.

Speaking of which, if this swine flu in China takes off youíre gonna see some ****. Death rate is around 40%.

Infectious diseases get ratings like hurricanes. COVID is around a 2. This new swine flu is like a 4.

Forget shutting down retail. What does a pandemic look like when we lose power companies and water treatment?

And I've pointed out a 10000000000 times that's a total crock of ****, lol.
    Why has everywhere handled this so much better?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Cool so letís start a flu awareness thread.

Speaking of which, if this swine flu in China takes off youíre gonna see some ****. Death rate is around 40%.

Infectious diseases get ratings like hurricanes. COVID is around a 2. This new swine flu is like a 4.

Forget shutting down retail. What does a pandemic look like when we lose power companies and water treatment?
    I would not be in favor of shutting those things down, lol. You probably would though.

I love it, four posts ago you were *****ing about insults.
    I'm an old white dude and have no problem admitting it. Sorry if I opened up a touchy subject for you. Is "old" the part you felt was an insult? Seems more like a descriptive adjective to me. It seemed worth pointing out as well, seeing as how many of the PSD posters consistently calling aspects of this virus and our response to it a hoax are classic DOWDs (disgruntled, old, white dudes). Good thing you have young heroes like FNK blazing the way for future generations of DOWDs.

I don't ***** about insults, I point out that they're generally a sign of someone that can't actually put together an intelligent argument. If I'm incorrect in calling you old, my mistake.

Either did you, smart guy. You just went and sought out that info within the last 24 hours to make some inane "point" in all likelihood.

In late June. I'm looking at the graph. And it wasn't an uptick, it was the peak. They've consistently gone down since.
    And knowing now that asymptomatic patients and mildly ill people arenít getting antibodies, it means their goal of herd immunity canít be reached. So itís not impacting the way itís intended and will continue to spread.

They also have proper healthcare coverage and resources.

Iím not against the herd immunity approach but weíre past that. Could have quarantined at risk population and their caregivers and let this one ride out, but we donít know enough yet (people getting it twice, not getting antibodies, etc).

I think our population centers would have also overwhelmed the hospitals more than they already did. And then you have people going bankrupt over lack of coverage and people afraid to get treated because they canít afford it and all the usual problems we have in our profit focused healthcare system.

Sweden is a much smaller and more isolated country than ours and has a higher COVID-19 death rate than ours....but shhh don't tell fingerbang that.

I would not be in favor of shutting those things down, lol. You probably would though.
    Iím not talking about a shutdown on purpose. Iím taking about this other virus with a 40% death rate that kills off necessary workers.