Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 174 of 226 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3385
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I have no idea. But you're certainly placing all of your bullet points as, what if and what happens if
    If you have no idea then letting schools open is not the right move.

I understand the issues with kids learning from home socially on single parents, but again the logistics of letting kids back to school make it impossible to handle an outbreak in any school and not shutting it down again eventually.

I don't have time for idiotic people. If I have any doubts about the safety on any activities of my kids when they were growning up, the answer is no.My grown kids feel the same way as I do about my grandchildrens. We have numerous people died regretting their dicussions. Kids have died as well as teachers. Our leaders have proven they don't give a crap about us when it comes to money. We have a presdent who constantly lies and now he wants to control over all the infro on corana virus so he can spin it for his purposes.

So you would be a fool to trust a liar when he said it is safe to let the kids back in. Use your freaking intelligent for a moment then knee jerked instinct. If they told us to stay at home when we had 20,000 positive tests daily, why is it safer now to send ours kids to school with 60,000 positive testing daily?

Far for me to say how a parent should care for their children, so I will pray for any kids who attend the schools in a hot zone.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-16-2020 at 12:24 AM.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Whatever man. I love my kid, and understand the importance of real education and socialization when it comes to succeeding as an adult. As do most responsible parents.

If a virus that inflicts 1% of our population creates a situation where my child can't learn and progress, I give up on real humanity. Every decision (including those related to this virus) these days are based on political tribals. I'm not letting that get in the way of my child's ability.

It's simply not worth it.
    What you're saying is fair, but does that necessitate we just keep on trucking like nothing's wrong? Doesnt it make more sense to maneuver in a cautious manner?

Heres where we are as far as virus spread. This thing is here and its gonna be a new norm, and SOON it will be very similar to the flu, always around and active, moreso during certain seasons.

But RIGHT NOW it's not similar to the flu. It isn't because it is something new that our bodies haven't really been exposed to, and so it spreads MUCH quicker. With no distancing protocols in place, California had a double time of 3 days, I'm assuming new York's was quicker. They peaked at around 2,500 deaths a day about 2 weeks after lockdown. If they didnt lockdown, that would have been 5 more double time (15 days with 3 day double time), meaning 2,500 to 5,000 to 10,000 to 20,000 to 40,000 deaths a day. Its simply unsustainable for a city, its health system and its economy, to allow this to run through unchecked.

I say this to make the point that while all of your points are fair points, moving without actual legit protocols in place is just really not an option at this point. It's going to lead to lockdowns. It's not sustainable for any given city to let this run through at will. Everything needs to be monitored and coordinated properly.

Right now I think most places had reported around 10% positive rate? When it's probably up around 70 or 80% (I'm guessing...) its overall behavior will start to become more like the common flu, and less like something new spreading like wildfire.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I have no idea. But you're certainly placing all of your bullet points as, what if and what happens if
    Probably because he wants to know what happens if we reopen and the obvious happens (some kids/teachers get covid)... The real problem is why don't we have answers to these questions if people are actually saying open up schools?

Doesn't make a lot of sense, almost seem like this whole thing is wildly political and not a genuine call to open up schools in a safe manner but a call to rush it for political reasons.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 07-16-2020 at 12:33 AM.

Listen to the medical experts not politicans. Why is that so hard to do?

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

Doesn't make a lot of sense, almost seem like this whole thing is wildly political and not a genuine call to open up schools in a safe manner but a call to rush it for political reasons.
    The most idiotic part is that the most destructive thing for our economy is to let this virus spread unchecked, and lead to shut down, then open, then shut down. I'm so frustrated with how stupid california has been with the reopen. Just so many people uninformed, I swear I saw people wearing american flag bandanas around their neck as to purposely show they oppose a mask. It's just so many uninformed people unknowingly ****ing things up.

It starts with the govt. They should have informed people some way by now, they should enact enforceable protocol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Whatever man. I love my kid, and understand the importance of real education and socialization when it comes to succeeding as an adult. As do most responsible parents.

If a virus that inflicts 1% of our population creates a situation where my child can't learn and progress, I give up on real humanity. Every decision (including those related to this virus) these days are based on political tribals. I'm not letting that get in the way of my child's ability.

It's simply not worth it.
    How many times will you use a variation of ďthis virus isnít that seriousĒ before you realize it is serious?

Heís putting out bullet points that WILL happen not might happen. For you to think no child or teacher will get the disease, you have to (ignorantly as **** mind you) believe that like Trump said the disease will just go away. Like it knows summer vacation is the time when itís supposed to stop infecting people.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Numbers donít lie. Cases continue to go down in GA even after the reopening. FL hasnít seen a spike at all even though they reopened the beach.

Compare FL and NY numbers and you wonder why people are bashing the FL gov while praising Cuomo
    This post aged well...

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    How many times will you use a variation of ďthis virus isnít that seriousĒ before you realize it is serious?
    A few months back he told us it was a farce because he didn't know anybody who had it. So I guess "this virus isn't that serious" is a small improvement. I hope it doesn't take an IC ward visit to bring it home to him.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I love how Trump and elected republican officals are saying that parents want their kids back in school this fall. How stupid do they think we are? If we closed schools when there was 20,000 postive testing daily, why would he think that we will send our kids back to school with 60,000 postive tests daily? Money, saving the economy and the willingness to inflict harm on the american public to do it.
    Must be nice to continue to hurt the economy right before the election. All the retail stores missing out on back to school sales etc

Itís going to be hilarious how all of this will be a non story if Biden wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Here is a question or two.

Letís say kids go back.

1. What happens when one test positive.

2. What happens when a teacher test positive?

3. Are all the kids in that classroom and lunchroom and anywhere that one positive test kid was about, will they have to quarantine?

4. Who will replace the teachers that fall ill?

5. Who will pay for all of these tests, because not every state has free testing.
    1. If a student or teacher tests positive then they have to quarantine themselves for 14 days like what the usual protocol is right now

2. Teacher tests positive then you have subs to fill in

3. Would be pretty similar to how it is at your normal company

4. Obviously you have sub teachers. Also depends what grade level this is

5. The govt/states should be providing the tests.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Why do you think your child is incapable of learning from home?
    Itís not that they are incapable but thereís huge advantage to getting your kids to socialize and learn from each other in classrooms than sitting at home in front of the computer all day.