Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 140 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3359
    Rhode island ranked 44th in population 7th in elderly population.......... Some stats don't tell the whole story as sports fans I'm sure we can agree on that

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Rhode island ranked 44th in population 7th in elderly population.
    Thanks for the information.

However the state itself has confirmed that 89 out of every 100,000 people in RI have died as a result of COVID-19. That is the fifth highest rate of mortality for any state in the in the country.

It does not matter to my argument that many of them were in nursing homes. RI got “nailed.”

EDIT: It looks like 62%, not 95% (https://ri-department-of-health-covi...ub.arcgis.com/)
    Last edited by Crovash; 06-26-2020 at 04:21 PM.

I thought people from Rhode Island were suppose to be chill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    oh, I'm not necessarily going anywhere....but pre-COVID you never saw me here because pre-COVID I was doing what I've done for years- staying away from the news, staying away from politics as much as possible. Not because I don't want to stay informed, not because I don't have my views....but because most of the news just pisses me off as does most of the political talk. I have enough stress in my life without immersing myself in more.

But yes, as I've mentioned, I'm an older white Christian registered Republican who would certainly lean conservative, but in no way stand with the party I'm currently registered with....but in no way stand with the platform of the Democrats. The term right wing bothers me because these days it's often used by Dems as a negative reference to those on the extreme...which I am not...but as a Republican, many assume is true....and as a Christian some assume is true. That's part of what can raise my neck hairs- too many assumptions from all sides.
    Ya I think a lot of us on this forum agree and we often talk about how ridiculous either Fox or CNN types and so on act. A lot of it is to build up emotion and get people rah rah for one of the parties.

Ya but to be fair the term left winger and so on also are in other ways (snowflakes etc). It is just how it works when you get into political discussions unfortunately but I think most understand not all reps/dems/right/left and so on think exactly alike. People are often just generalizing the current party or direction and so on often than saying literally every right or left winger.

Just gotta try and pick and choose when to call someone for going overboard and when not. Realize which posters to take more serious and which not and so on but just was responding to say don't let some of the negativity around politics in general or a few posters drive you off. You actually seem to think and respond for yourself and we need more of that than the cnn/fox junk for sure.

I haven't made a single post in this thread because my mom, who has had horrible health issues the last 3 years now, got Covid early on. It was horrible. She pulled through.

I love arguing with people on this site, but this wasn't an issue I cared to do so. I think my politics are right. I think I have rock-solid beliefs that are the result of a lot of thought and aren't prone to tribalism and reactionary-ism. But this wasn't an issue that I cared to argue with people about.

But....

The title of this thread points out how this should not be politicized. All of our inclinations are to do just that. But this should not be. Early on I wasn't sure how it would all play out. Every prediction I've made has been wrong. But the issue has been politicized. And without getting too into it, I'll say this: if you are too much of a ****ing baby to wear a mask, well, **** you. You have no love for the Americans that you pretend to care about. Funny how the flag-wavers continue to prove that the case more often than anyone else time and time again.

Wear a mask. Wash your hands. And grow the **** up.
    HELLO

Even one of the most ghoulish and evil humans in modern history gets that he should wear a mask.

What's your excuse?

HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Also while we're at it. **** m*******s and people from Connecticut we have 50% parking at beaches they have nothing and they all flock here and we can't even enjoy our own ****. How's that supposed to stop the spread as well. Let in people from the hot states cooooooooll

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yea, I still cant get over the fact that nyc was experiencing an active breakout yet JFK and LaGuardia kept sending people in and out from the hotspot to the rest of the country.

Just an embarrassing failure of leadership.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Very much classic.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Very much classic.

To Wendell's credit, he's been saying this for over a decade. An early whistle blower. He testified in front of congress during Obama's firs term. He caught heat today on twitter and I think that's worth noting. He didn't just flip.

The good news is the Democratic Presidential nominee supports Medicare for All.

Oh. Wait..........................

It's almost like Obama settled on what he did to throw a bone to the insurance companies. Strange....
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Even one of the most ghoulish and evil humans in modern history gets that he should wear a mask.

What's your excuse?

Well he knows about cover ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Well he knows about cover ups.
    Fair!
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Florida and Texas closed bars again. Florida saw 8,900 new cases in a single day.

Where’s Brewers with all the updates about how the numbers aren’t going up after re-opening when you need him.
    Zzzz

Deaths are going down. Funny how you don’t mention that

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Zzzz

Deaths are going down. Funny how you don’t mention that

Riddle me this: what comes first -- positive tests or deaths?
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

What's your excuse?

I hate to break it to you but I think almost all of us are gonna get it over the next several years. You can keep clinging to the belief that it's gonna go away.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella