Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1046 of 1474 FirstFirst ... 46546946996103610441045104610471048105610961146 ... LastLast
Results 15,676 to 15,690 of 22102
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But not enough to look yourself. Here is the data/methodology:

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/...ath-in-the-us/
    Thanks. Just wasn't part of the article you posted.

I read it and I wonder how they determine it was a Covid death. In Illinois if you have covid and die or a test comes back with covid on a deceased patient it gets classified as a covid death. I doesn't mean covid is not serious, we just potentially have a lot of inconsistencies in classification.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Then why the subsequent point about it just being a headline and not factual data? I mean where do you think they are pulling these numbers from? Thin air?
    Based on the link, the answer is 100% unknown and thinking otherwise is dangerous.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Thanks. Just wasn't part of the article you posted.

I read it and I wonder how they determine it was a Covid death. In Illinois if you have covid and die or a test comes back with covid on a deceased patient it gets classified as a covid death. I doesn't mean covid is not serious, we just potentially have a lot of inconsistencies in classification.
    Well we compare the Covid deaths with the total deaths for the year in relation to previous year’s death totals.

So if we see 350,000 more people died this year than previous years and the Covid death total for this year is 350,000, we can be reasonably certain the Covid total is accurate because there’s no explanation for why we coincidentally had so many more deaths during a Covid pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Here’s a poll from CNBC

Among the 29% of U.S. voters who are unvaccinated, 83% say they do not plan to get the lifesaving shots, the survey shows. A frustrated Biden on Thursday outlined a host of new vaccine and testing mandates for federal workers and contractors as well as health-care and private company employees.

Of the unvaccinated respondents, 84% said their decision against immunization wouldn't change if the vaccines had no side effects and 87% said they still wouldn't get the shots if their employer mandated them. Just 5% and 4% of respondents, respectively, said those things would make them "much more likely" to change their minds, the survey shows. Pressure from family members made little difference, with just 2% saying that would make them much more likely to get the shots.

Some 34% of unvaccinated respondents said they were hesitant to get the shots because they didn't trust the federal government, while another 34% were worried about the vaccine's side effects. Less than 10% of unvaccinated respondents said they would be more likely to get vaccinated if the delta variant were more problematic in their community, and 7% said they would get vaccinated if asked by Trump.
    Some odd numbers here.

For example, based on any group of 100 unvaccinated persons, 34 allegedly report that the fear of side effects made them hesitant about getting the vaccine, but apparently only 16 (at most) of that same 100 report that they might change their mind if the vaccine had no side effects.

The other 18 were, what, lying?

Part of the issue with the spread of Covid is people coming to the ER with a known positive test because they “don’t feel well.” These people are potentially spreading the virus when none of their symptoms warrant an ER visit.

The way most ERs run right now is quite different from the way they operated 2 years ago. Patients are pre-screened. The pre-screening is done by a nurse in full PPE, who administers a quick Covid test (takes less than 5 minutes to give a result). If they are negative, they go into general population. If they are positive, they are taken into an isolation room. The triage room is sanitized between patients and there is limited chance that they will come into contact with others.
    At least that is the way things are done in my area. Other areas may have different protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    The way most ERs run right now is quite different from the way they operated 2 years ago. Patients are pre-screened. The pre-screening is done by a nurse in full PPE, who administers a quick Covid test (takes less than 5 minutes to give a result). If they are negative, they go into general population. If they are positive, they are taken into an isolation room. The triage room is sanitized between patients and there is limited chance that they will come into contact with others.
    At least that is the way things are done in my area. Other areas may have different protocols.
    Unfortunately not the case at my facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Unfortunately not the case at my facility.
    That is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Why would other places have a different procedure? That makes no sense. What you described seems to be the exact right way to handle it. I know we pretend like there are a bunch of right ways to do things and states/local areas like to be different because they can. But sometimes, there is just a right way to do things and everyone should do it that way.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

A year ago from now the vaccine was becoming a reality. I remember having hope entering Thanksgiving that maybe we'd see the pandemic start to come to and end because of the vaccine. A vaccine that has turned out to be incredibly effective.

Yet here we are.

"Covid-19: an issue that shouldn't be political."

Yet here we are".

It's incredibly sad how diseased the American right is.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dozens-sc...103706823.html

Nature surveyed 321 scientists who had spoken publicly about COVID-19.

60% of them reported receiving abuse, with 15% even reporting receiving death threats.

Vaccines and ivermectin were triggers for the abuse, some scientists said.
    Yeah abuse and give death threats to the people who are trying to save your life. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    A year ago from now the vaccine was becoming a reality. I remember having hope entering Thanksgiving that maybe we'd see the pandemic start to come to and end because of the vaccine. A vaccine that has turned out to be incredibly effective.

Yet here we are.

"Covid-19: an issue that shouldn't be political."

Yet here we are".

It's incredibly sad how diseased the American right is.
    There are many people on social media who claimed they wouldn't take the vaccine if it was released during Trump's presidency. You are making it seem like both sides don't play these political antics. Kamala herself said that if Trump himself stated that people should take the vaccine, she wouldn't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well we compare the Covid deaths with the total deaths for the year in relation to previous year’s death totals.

So if we see 350,000 more people died this year than previous years and the Covid death total for this year is 350,000, we can be reasonably certain the Covid total is accurate because there’s no explanation for why we coincidentally had so many more deaths during a Covid pandemic.
    I believe I read that many causes of death increased. That's the issue. It's classified as a Covid death when it very well could be anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I believe I read that many causes of death increased. That's the issue. It's classified as a Covid death when it very well could be anything else.
    Or it could just be a COVID death. Why were people not dying of those other illnesses (to the same magnitude) before they caught a pandemic related virus? Those things don't change by hundreds of thousands of people in an individual year on their own.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-16-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Or it could just be a COVID death. Why were people not dying of those other illnesses (to the same magnitude) before they caught a pandemic related virus? Those things don't change by hundreds of thousands of people in an individual year on their own.
    it's a good question