Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,359

    The most wasted wrestler in the last decade

    Who do you believe/think is the most wasted wrestler in the last decade?
    When I say wasted Iím not talking about someone who was a drug addicted or an alcoholic
    Iím talking about someone who was never used to their full potential. This goes for both male and
    females. For me itís without a doubt Rusev the guy had the look, strength was decent on the mic
    And should have been a WWE Champion. Also Cesaro is also someone I will say has been wasted.


    Vince to Gronk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,551
    Without a doubt Cesaro for me. The pop when he picked up Big Show at WM30 was awesome. He was already gaining steam with the fans before that and that moment really ignited him. He could always work. Should've been pushed better than he was. I hated his role in the comedy team with Sheamus. Such a wasted talent.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,935
    asuka and sami zayne as well.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,294
    El Generico, Rusev, Castignoli and Ziggler in that order.

    And yes, there is a reason why I used the indie names of two of them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,024
    Cody Rhodes. He should have gone to the main event level in WWE and he is currently jobbing himself out all over the place in AEW.

    Also Damien Sandow deserves a mention.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,359
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Cody Rhodes. He should have gone to the main event level in WWE and he is currently jobbing himself out all over the place in AEW.

    Also Damien Sandow deserves a mention.
    Those are good ones I forgot about them especially Sandow.


    Vince to Gronk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    8,360
    I think you could throw Gallows and Anderson in there. The WWE gave them short runs but, they wasted a lot of their time in WWE.

    You could also argue Fandango and Tyler Breeze, both are very charismatic and talented. Dango has that stupid dancers gimmick, Breeze came up in NXT with that smug model character and thrived with it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    92,617
    Rusev no question. I wish that I could say Cesaro, but that's not true. Sadly he has a cap because he doesn't sync as well with the entertainment part of sports entertainment.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,294
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I think you could throw Gallows and Anderson in there. The WWE gave them short runs but, they wasted a lot of their time in WWE.

    You could also argue Fandango and Tyler Breeze, both are very charismatic and talented. Dango has that stupid dancers gimmick, Breeze came up in NXT with that smug model character and thrived with it.
    Breeze had that mid-card potential if they kept with the gimmick. Similar to Val Venis, D-Lo Brown or MVP.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,024
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Rusev no question. I wish that I could say Cesaro, but that's not true. Sadly he has a cap because he doesn't sync as well with the entertainment part of sports entertainment.
    Cesaro is one of my favorite guys, but he has too quiet of a personality for what is required of major title holders. However put him with a Paul Heyman...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_
    Cesaro is one of my favorite guys, but he has too quiet of a personality for what is required of major title holders. However put him with a Paul Heyman...
    Also weak mic skills.

    New column on my site dedicated to WWE
    Charlotte Flair For The Gold

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    4,802
    Finn Balor

    The fact that there is a thread about "wasting" wrestling talent should be a wake up call to the WWE about signing talent just to keep them away from the competition.
    Screw sabermetics.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,737
    Bray Wyatt.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,547
    Ziggler and Rhodes... I know Ziggler had his brief stints in the spotlight, but I feel like he had everything he needed to be a main event guy for a long, long time.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,294
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Cesaro is one of my favorite guys, but he has too quiet of a personality for what is required of major title holders. However put him with a Paul Heyman...
    You would think so. But Vince inevitably made Kane talk. If any character didn't need to talk, it was Kane. Cesaro could easily get by with few words and the best mouthpiece in the business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •