Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,349

    WWE releases Kurt Angle, EC3, Gallows & Anderson, Lio Rush, among others

    Aiden English, Curt Hawkins, Eric Young, Drake Maverick are among others. Vince must see the writing on the wall that there will be no live event revenue for quite some time. Not to mention some of the WWE money he had in a now bankrupt XFL. The company is also announcing potential furloughs as well.

    Would be a great time for a guy like EC3 to go to AEW but i am sure their financial situation cant be great either.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,309
    Here is an updated list of everyone. Wow.

    https://lordsofpain.net/updated-wwe-...and-a-referee/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,349
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Here is an updated list of everyone. Wow.

    https://lordsofpain.net/updated-wwe-...and-a-referee/
    I'm amazed Chioda is gone. He's been there since 1989.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69
    I'm amazed Chioda is gone. He's been there since 1989.
    And he's just coming off surgery. Was surprised by the Maverick most.

    New column on my site dedicated to WWE
    Charlotte Flair For The Gold

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,981
    damn i loved logan

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,349
    To be fair, WWE's roster is super bloated. Not that you ever wish someone to lose their job but they were essentially holding on to talent just so they wouldn't go elsewhere. Its just a ****** time to be released because there are few alternatives out there with all these wrestling companies being on pause.

    Maria and Mike Kanellis are gone as well according to Ryan Satin.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,309
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'm amazed Chioda is gone. He's been there since 1989.
    I wonder if he went ahead with it as a way to retire, so someone younger and maybe in need of the job more takes it. He gets a severance with this as well.

    For some of the other ones though, especially the ones who appeared on TV recently, that's a dick move by Vince.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,309
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    To be fair, WWE's roster is super bloated. Not that you ever wish someone to lose their job but they were essentially holding on to talent just so they wouldn't go elsewhere. Its just a ****** time to be released because there are few alternatives out there with all these wrestling companies being on pause.

    Maria and Mike Kanellis are gone as well according to Ryan Satin.
    Same goes for producers and agents as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,349
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I wonder if he went ahead with it as a way to retire, so someone younger and maybe in need of the job more takes it. He gets a severance with this as well.

    For some of the other ones though, especially the ones who appeared on TV recently, that's a dick move by Vince.
    Probably. Chioda has been well compensated throughout his tenure as well, i am sure.

    Its a hard decision to make. I'm not envious of Vince in that respect. Maybe he shouldn't have used WWE money to help fund the XFL. Between that going belly up and no live event money, he knew they had to trim the fat somewhere. Unfortunately that came at the expense of on screen and off screen talent.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,309
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Probably. Chioda has been well compensated throughout his tenure as well, i am sure.

    Its a hard decision to make. I'm not envious of Vince in that respect. Maybe he shouldn't have used WWE money to help fund the XFL. Between that going belly up and no live event money, he knew they had to trim the fat somewhere. Unfortunately that came at the expense of on screen and off screen talent.
    And as much as I hate to say this, all of these people getting cut are likely making six figures or more. Some of them, like Primo and Epico, arent even on the road and don't have those travel expenses getting from town to town. If these folks who got released are halfway smart with their money, they have plenty to weather through this storm and likely get back into the business and some like Angle and other lifers like Chioda and Kidman and Rotunda will likely get rehired by WWE.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,551
    Incredible to me that WWE couldn't figure out how to use some of these guys. Gallows is one of the funniest guys you will ever listen to, but found himself in terrible gimmicks. Could have really let his humorous side shine with the right gimmick or as an announcer.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    8,361
    I'm kind of 50/50 surprised Gallows and Anderson were released. On one hand I can see Vince thinking that since AJ is probably out for a bit there would be no use of having the OC without AJ. on the other hand Gallows and Anderson are a great team and there should have been a way to use them. They have to be one of the poorest used tags teams in the WWE.

    A lot of the other ones don't surprise me as much. Maverick, Hawkins, Ryder, Slater, Young, the Kanellis, EC3, Primo, Epico, Lio Rush, and in a way Rusev, all I saw coming eventually.

    Yeah, I believe Chioda will be back unless there is more to it. If he had a surgery, between that and the Virus, its best that he just stays home.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,370
    So that's why Logan got attacked the way she did on Raw. Kind of sucks Maverick is gone gonna miss seeing his hot wife.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,370
    If only Charlotte could be released then the WWE could then start pushing other females.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,309
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    If only Charlotte could be released then the WWE could then start pushing other females.
    You're missing the whole point of these.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •