Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Gobert - Mitchell relationship "doesn't appear salvageable"

Really not sure what this could be based on? not like either of those players are doing interviews now.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Really not sure what this could be based on? not like either of those players are doing interviews now.
    Could be an internal memo that got leaked?

Or fake trumped up news?

I linked this because the original article is on The Athletic and I know not everyone pays for it.

But here's some important passages:
    Yet as Mitchell made clear on March 16 during his video call visit with “Good Morning America,” he was not happy about the part Gobert played in the entire saga. Considering all the efforts the Jazz had taken to educate their players on the matter and to ensure their safety, it’s not hard to see why there would be frustration with anyone who was still downplaying the disease. Now, though, they must find a way to move forward.
    The Jazz have already begun working on the Mitchell-Gobert relationship, but sources say Mitchell remains reluctant to fix what might have been broken.
    “It doesn’t appear salvageable,” one source with knowledge of the situation said.
    On GMA Mitchell basically blamed Gobert for not taking anything serious enough and blaming some of the spread within the NBA on Gobert. Basically it sounds like there was a bit of tension there before, and what happened with this pushed it over the edge.

Can’t really blame Mitchell with how careless Gobert was acting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

id trade mitchell before id trade gobert.... gobert is better and mitchell is more overrated around basketball thus he will get you more... Mitchell plus for bradley beal or go young and give mitchell for several heat pieces? Mitchell for cj? hell dmitch is so overrated you could probably get ball and ingram

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Can’t really blame Mitchell with how careless Gobert was acting.

yup but tbf it wouldnt have mattered with how close they all play etc... its not like gobert was drinking after him/coughing on him and so on... it sucks and id be pissed too but whom really gave it to whom first?

Gobert is rumored to be the Mavs actual target in 2021 free agency. If all of this is still going on by then, him going to the Mavs becomes a real possibility.

Gobert ****ed up for sure, but he didn't mean anything by it. He was joking around, just so happens he had the virus. I don't blame Mitchell for being mad, but seems to me like he's a little too mad.
    Also, how do we know Mitchell didn't give it to Gobert? We have no idea.

Wish the Bucks could pull off a Mitchell trade. But we don't have the ammo to do so. Also Mitchell on rookie contract yet. Also Mitchell is RFA in 2021-22. Be hard for the Bucks to have that third max contract after a Giannis extension. Would have to unload Bledsoe and Brook. I'd hate to part with DDV. But for Spidey sure. DDV,Wilson, Pacers pick on draft night and any other Bucks first's within the rights of the Stepien rule and Bledsoe and Brook for Mitchell and Conley? Jazz probably wouldn't want Brook though. Probably need a third team to take him. I'm sure plenty of other teams could top that easily.

Conley,Mitchell,Middleton,Giannis,Rolo and Hill as 6th man. But like I said i'm sure plenty of other teams will toss a bigger offer for either Gobert or Mitchell. I could see Celtics going after Gobert. Trading for Mitchell is a bit tricky for equal value since he's only making $5.1M next season. Reason I added in Conley. Even though Conley turned it around before season was suspended.

Getting Mitchell would likely take Middleton. I doubt DiVincenzo, Wilson, Pacers pick comes anywhere close to netting him.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Getting Mitchell would likely take Middleton. I doubt DiVincenzo, Wilson, Pacers pick comes anywhere close to netting him.
    That's why I said Bucks probably don't have a chance. Unless no other teams make a offer. Could toss Pacers first and both Pacers seconds on draft night besides DDV,Wilson and 2024 and 2026 Bucks firsts. Not sure how far out picks can be traded though. 5 years or is it 6? DDV has good value. Probably almost close to SGA value.

I always suggested DDV be a poor man's Klay. Also Bledsoe and Brook are okay pieces as well if Jazz have buyers remorse in Conley as well. Yeah like you said could offer up Middleton. But Mitchell is $5.1M only next season. What salaries coming back to match Middleton for Mitchell? Jazz could just do a even swap. But with cap going down next season most likely.

Not sure Jazz would or not for even swap. Middleton is $33M next season. Also I wouldn't part with Middleton and DDV for Mitchell and Conley either. I haven't paid much attention to Conley this season. Just going by what others said of him having a rough early going to start out the season but got it going before season was suspended.

Also Middleton turned a corner this season with a almost 50/40/90 shooting. Also him and Giannis bonded more this season. Also doubt Bucks wanna rock the boat trading a B player for another B player. Probably would want our own big 3 if anything. But like I said plenty of other teams have plenty of ammo long before the Bucks offer up anything.

I very seldom have DDV in any trade ideas. But the Pacers Brogdon package and DDV is a nice starting point. Figure like I said Mitchell is on rookie contract yet of $5.1M next season. Be hard to get equal value. DDV is already battle tested. But like many have said Mitchell is a bit streaky. I hate to rock the boat either really. DDV is a beast. Also who knows what's there at #18.

Also if the media hypes this friendship is done piece. Jazz know one of the two has to go. Heck look how quick Suns told Bledsoe to stay home. I think this could be a quick deal come draft time or free agency. Jazz will move on quickly. One will be gone before next season starts.

Also some teams may want a Mitchell extension right away before a pending RFA. Also Mitchell is the unhappy player that wont mend the friendship. Media will spin this plenty of times. Also even if its a even swap of Middleton for Mitchell. Bucks get small very quickly for back court. Yeah guess Matthews could slide up to SF. But still back court be very small. Yeah we would have DDV and Hill off the bench yet if either Mitchell or Bledsoe go cold.

I almost was gonna say Mitchell for a top 4 pick on draft night. But as of now Warriors,Cavs,Wolves,Hawks set for guards. 76ers could use Mitchell. I doubt Jazz want any of Horford or Harris though. Maybe Simmons. But Jazz offense is a bit streaky as well. Maybe Mitchell to the heat?

Kennard for Mitchell, fix a mistake from years ago. K thanks.

If I'm the Knicks I throw Barrett, my unprotected 2020 pick, the Mavs pick, whatever it takes at Utah to get Mitchell. He's not a No. 1 on a title team, but he can help lure that guy and bring some life back to MSG.

Realistically, though, Mitchell and Conley for Ben Simmons fixes a lot of things for both sides.
    POOP

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast