Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rams trade WR Brandin Cooks to the Texans

I'm nicknaming this offense "Chuck and duck" cuz it;s all deep threats and Watson gonna be doing lots of dodging, dipping, ducking, diving, and dodging.

I don't think Bill O'Brien knows what he is doing LOL.

Cooks is only 26 and hes about to be on his 4th team. Teams have spent 3 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder on him. I hope he doesnt get comfy when he gets traded lol.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Shoulda just kept Hopkins.

I donít get whatís happened with Cooks. He wasnít healthy last year but he seems to be talented

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I donít get whatís happened with Cooks. He wasnít healthy last year but he seems to be talented
    Post concussion syndrome last I heard.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

that cooks contract bruh lol

if he ***** the bed would they dare cut him to get out from the money after giving up those picks?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    that cooks contract bruh lol

if he ***** the bed would they dare cut him to get out from the money after giving up those picks?
    Looking at who the current gm is? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Looking at who the current gm is? Yes.
    Probably just trade him for like Frank Gore or something

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    He had very good and steady production, except for last year. The contract he got reflects that, except for last year. But he isn't really that great a receiver. I think both the Saints and the Patriots saw the overpayment coming. My belief is Belichick originally intended to let him leave after the 5th year option when making the trade for him. But after Cooks missed most of the Super Bowl partially because of his own fault, and after the Rams offered a 1st round pick, he reconsidered. It also made sense for the Rams to trade for him because Sammy Watkins left in free agency and LA made a lot of moves to capitalize on their SB window. So I understand all of these trades up until now because I don't understand what Bill O'Brien is doing.

I was actually thinking just recently that BOB might trade for Alshon Jeffery but that ship has sailed now.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 04-10-2020 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    He had very good and steady production, except for last year. The contract he got reflects that, except for last year. But he isn't really that great a receiver. I think both the Saints and the Patriots saw the overpayment coming. My belief is Belichick originally intended to let him leave after the 5th year option when making the trade for him. But after Cooks missed most of the Super Bowl partially because of his own fault, and after the Rams offered a 1st round pick, he reconsidered. It also made sense for the Rams to trade for him because Sammy Watkins left in free agency and LA made a lot of moves to capitalize on their SB window. So I understand all of these trades up until now because I don't understand what Bill O'Brien is doing.

I was actually thinking just recently that BOB might trade for Alshon Jeffery but that ship has sailed now.
    I agree with everything until this point. The Rams completely went overboard on loading up for the Superbowl run and traded a 1st round pick for a good WR that needed a brand new contract. The Patriots at least had 2 years of control and were always in a win now mode with Tom Brady.

Belichick must have been salivating when the Rams let the Patriots rent Brandon Cooks for 1 year.

So Cooks has the same value as Hopkins in the eyes of BOB? That's what I'm getting from this.

Also, have we seen a coach who doesn't care about draft picks like BOB since Joe Gibbs' second time in DC? I am struggling to think of one.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

Yeah he was definitely a beneficiary of having really good QBs, but his speed was always a big asset for him. Maybe with Watson he will be good, but is really any better than Will Fuller? Maybe one of them can be healthy when the other isn't...

You never know, BOB might still make that deal lol. He wanted to save money on one receiver so he'll end up paying more for a bunch of mediocre ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    So Cooks has the same value as Hopkins in the eyes of BOB? That's what I'm getting from this.

Also, have we seen a coach who doesn't care about draft picks like BOB since Joe Gibbs' second time in DC? I am struggling to think of one.
    Gibbs knew he only had a short window to compete, so that made some sense from his perspective. I have no idea what O'Brien is thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast