Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Which is how many republicans fault in 2016 but were called immoral, racist, supporting a rapist etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trump wasnít running against some one with any sexual assault allegations. If it mattered to you you could have easily voted for someone without allegations but didnít. This time they both have allegations

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít understand. Why do you guys keep saying this?

Itís a joke assuming the democrats will continue not to learn from their past uninspiring mistakes.

Bernie Sanders drops out of the race.

Could ask the same of you. Do you believe Bidenís accuser or not?

I donít believe either of them. I believe Trumps allegations though. He has quite a list, regularly treats people like ****, and has a history of giving women suhhh money. Iím not saying its a definite but itís like when your drunken buddy get into a fight over the juke box in a drive bar. Probably his fault

Last edited by ewing; 04-13-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít understand. Why do you guys keep saying this?

I was just insinuating that Tim Kaine is a woman

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I was just insinuating that Tim Kaine is a woman

I was unaware. We need preferred pronouns around here

Im glad you support electing a rapist now. Such a damn hypocrite

Iím flattered that a lot of you posters on the right like to point to me as some sort of liberal representative who speaks on behalf of all of them.

I donít support electing Biden, I never said I did. I still havenít even said that I would vote for him. That being said, Iím stuck choosing between accused two rapists. Iím not voting for either of them, I prefer the one whoís going to push forward issues relevant to the people/has progressives in their cabinet.

I wouldnít be surprised if Biden ends up being fully senile by the end of this and has his presidency run Nancy Reagan style lol. in all seriousness, nice try attempting to pinpoint me as some kind of martyr. Your ignorance knows no bounds.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Could ask the same of you. Do you believe Bidenís accuser or not?
    I didnít believe Kavanaugh was guilty so I donít know why Iíd believe Biden is.
    Last edited by valade16; 04-13-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Bernie and Biden collaborating on a 6 point plan that involves issues such as Medicare for all, free tuition, and others.

Bernie endorsing Biden just means these two are going to be working in tandem going forward. If anything, what Iíve been reading today is a pretty good signal that Biden is willing to shift his nonexistent platform left.

Biden seems to be pushing forward unity - being willing to get republicans and sanders supporters alike.

I still donít like Joe Biden and donít know if I would vote for him. As Iíve said before, it doesnít matter because NY is a blue state regardless. I do think however, that Biden will build a diverse cabinet using Sanders team members as well as people heís familiar with.

Hillary was basically telling Sanders supporters to fall in line, Biden seems more willing to converse and bend more on some issues. What those issues are however, remains to be seen.

It seems that 4 years was too short of a time to give the party a makeover. There being such extenuating circumstances - such as a Trump presidency, coronavirus, economic collapse, etc has made politics a lot different than it wouldíve been in a normal year. The only thing left really is to push Biden to be president, gets some of Sanders policies enacted/recognized, and continue to bring the party to the left.

It seems that it was a little too soon to expect people to abandon status quo and call for revolution but, as time goes on and the voices ahead are less and less recognizable, I do think an issue focused campaign can gain some traction, just not anytime soon. Maybe in another 15-20 years, when the people like Pelosi, Cuomo, Schumer, Biden, Clinton, Tom Perez, etc are all gone, then a progressive has a better chance to succeed. Until then, itís going to be a bunch of behind the scenes handshakes and loyalty to your friends/donors.

I do think that with Biden adopting some of Sanders policies and having a president to save the courts, the party is going to continue shifting to the left. I just hope they donít continue with the neoliberal corporatism wrapped up in a rainbow flag.

When the country votes for the lesser of two evils, the party ends up swinging to the right as a result, when that happens constantly, we end up a lot farther right than a lot of us would like to be. If you get a lesser of two evils into power who is willing to listen and collaborate, itís not an ideal scenario but at least Biden is self aware enough to realize that he needs Sanders supporters to beat Trump.

If Biden ends up pushing Medicare for all, a federally mandated minimum wage, free tuition, student debt forgiveness, tackles institutional racism, federally legalizes marijuana, intends to puts a progressive on the Supreme Court, taxes billionaires, maybe even considers a UBI...if he considers a fraction of these policies, Iíll at least be satisfied with what direction the party goes.

If Biden ends up having Yang and Bernie in his cabinet, Iíll be ecstatic. The people Biden surrounds himself with or intends to surround himself with are super vital. If he has some random Long John Silvers CEO in his cabinet because he donated a million dollars to his campaign, Iíll be livid.

Who knows, really. Iím not as disappointed as I was when Bernie dropped out. Letís see what Biden does as far as issues, VP and cabinet goes.
    I like the sound of all of this, but I have zero expectation that any of Bernies policies would actually come to fruition.

Even if he were president I feel like he would be in a constant battle with some of the biggest players in corporate America, and maybe enact a handful of major policy changes at best. From an outside role, I seriously doubt he'll effect anything.

I may be wrong, I would love to be wrong, but it just seems like a way to boost votes. Sanders represented a true change, that's not easy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I didnít believe Kavanaugh was guilty so I donít know why Iíd believe Biden is.
    There's enough videos of Biden sniffing kids for me to believe that he is a creep capable of sexual assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    There's enough videos of Biden sniffing kids for me to believe that he is a creep capable of sexual assault.
    Same. It certainly wouldnít surprise me, he fits the ďprofileĒ of someone I could see doing it far more than say Kavanaugh.

Im glad you support electing a rapist now. Such a damn hypocrite

Itís sad how happy you are about this and how little you care about any female accusers.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I like the sound of all of this, but I have zero expectation that any of Bernies policies would actually come to fruition.

Even if he were president I feel like he would be in a constant battle with some of the biggest players in corporate America, and maybe enact a handful of major policy changes at best. From an outside role, I seriously doubt he'll effect anything.

I may be wrong, I would love to be wrong, but it just seems like a way to boost votes. Sanders represented a true change, that's not easy.

Iím trying not to be as cynical while also maintaining some level of hope. I donít know if itís realistic at all but, Iím just illustrating what Iíd like to see and how I see it all going down.

regardless, Biden is going to have to adopt some of Bernieís policies if he has any hope of courting the progressive voters. He can just say that heís gonna give Medicare for all and end up not even trying, then itíll just sour relations with that wing. Biden knows this, as a career politician. Heís propped himself up partially on the aspect of being electable being able to work with people of all ilk. A lot of people see that as working with republicans but that also means having to change some of his views to court democrats as well. The issues change but politics stay the same, Biden will just have to adopt some progressive policy if he wants more than one year and to keep the party as a whole. He needs to demonstrate during his candidacy that heís willing to talk to all people and to have conflicting viewpoints so he doesnít have an echo chamber of people patting him on the back.

So yeah. Basically, Biden can say heís pushing progressive policy but fails to even try, itís going to cause a lot of problems in house for the Democrats and for future voters.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Itís sad how happy you are about this and how little you care about any female accusers.

Weíre not even half a year removed from him condemning women for being fakers and speaking up too late despite being threatened so it was sad before now too lol

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Told ya Bernie couldn't beat Trump.
    Apples and oranges. People vote differently in the primaries than they do in the general elections.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Iím trying not to be as cynical while also maintaining some level of hope. I donít know if itís realistic at all but, Iím just illustrating what Iíd like to see and how I see it all going down.

regardless, Biden is going to have to adopt some of Bernieís policies if he has any hope of courting the progressive voters. He can just say that heís gonna give Medicare for all and end up not even trying, then itíll just sour relations with that wing. Biden knows this, as a career politician. Heís propped himself up partially on the aspect of being electable being able to work with people of all ilk. A lot of people see that as working with republicans but that also means having to change some of his views to court democrats as well. The issues change but politics stay the same, Biden will just have to adopt some progressive policy if he wants more than one year and to keep the party as a whole. He needs to demonstrate during his candidacy that heís willing to talk to all people and to have conflicting viewpoints so he doesnít have an echo chamber of people patting him on the back.

So yeah. Basically, Biden can say heís pushing progressive policy but fails to even try, itís going to cause a lot of problems in house for the Democrats and for future voters.

Maybe. I still wouldnt be surprised if it happened.

Let's see how it plays out, I hope ur right tho. I like Bernie. He wants to change things for the better.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast