Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Kentucky governor to ask cops to take pictures of cars who go to church this weekend

Is this ok?

https://twitter.com/realsaavedra/sta...250375681?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering that the government actions to combat this virus have caused many people to stay at home, thus deny an income, this is small potatoes. Also, the idea of subjecting your elderly parent to a large gathering for whatever the reason when this virus is in full bloom is just being idiotic.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-11-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Is this ok?

The whole COVID-19 situation is raising questions of what is OK. On one hand, this isn’t what the police should have to do. On the other hand, this is kind of their job.

With that, STAY THE **** AT HOME. Zombie Jesus would understand.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    The whole COVID-19 situation is raising questions of what is OK. On one hand, this isn’t what the police should have to do. On the other hand, this is kind of their job.

I understand that but this idea of police taking pictures of your license plate and forcing you to self isolate seems pretty ridiculous. It goes against your rights as well.

It’s like in Michigan where the democratic governor is banning gardening seeds but yet you can go to the nearest liquor store and buy stuff.

You can’t fish or plant stuff in your garden but you can buy liquor and Marijuana!

It’s like in Michigan where the democratic governor is banning gardening seeds but yet you can go to the nearest liquor store and buy stuff.

You can’t fish or plant stuff in your garden but you can buy liquor and Marijuana!

I live in Michigan. That’s a gross oversimplification of the order, but I expect you to gloss over the main points.

Also as someone who’s worked at a home improvement store, the areas of greatest congestion - as store statistics can prove - are the areas she’s ordered closed. It looks stupid upfront, but it’s actually pretty wisely implemented with regard to home improvement stores. She should get quite a bit of credit for that.

Liquor stores in Michigan are also often “party stores” that serve much closer of a service to a grocery store than a liquor store (at least the ones I’m familiar with from growing up in Illinois). That’s not the case at all, and the order provides language prohibiting use at those non-essential stores.

The whole point of these orders is to keep people the **** away from other people and to stay at home. Michiganders aren’t listening. If we’d stay at home, we wouldn’t see language saying “don’t do this.” But what we’ve seen instead is people flocking to home improvement stores trying to get stuff done at home while under the stay at home order and flocking to beaches.

And the seed argument is moronic. 1. You should have planted seeds already if you’re a gardener and 2. If you want to garden, buy the plants when they’re more mature in May.

I understand that but this idea of police taking pictures of your license plate and forcing you to self isolate seems pretty ridiculous. It goes against your rights as well.

It doesn’t go against your rights if your actions endanger the public. That’s the loophole that makes these orders OK.

By not staying home, you are endangering the health and safety of the public. It’s irresponsible.

One of South Korea's hotspots was traced back to a large religious gathering where many people were affected. When they went home they spread it among their various communities.

If you, your loved ones and neighborhood were inflected by someone who kept breaking the stay at home order for religious reasons, I don't think you would be so understanding of their religious needs.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-11-2020 at 09:33 AM.

I am all for the police doing what they are doing.

I live in Michigan. That’s a gross oversimplification of the order, but I expect you to gloss over the main points.

Also as someone who’s worked at a home improvement store, the areas of greatest congestion - as store statistics can prove - are the areas she’s ordered closed. It looks stupid upfront, but it’s actually pretty wisely implemented with regard to home improvement stores. She should get quite a bit of credit for that.

Liquor stores in Michigan are also often “party stores” that serve much closer of a service to a grocery store than a liquor store (at least the ones I’m familiar with from growing up in Illinois). That’s not the case at all, and the order provides language prohibiting use at those non-essential stores.

The whole point of these orders is to keep people the **** away from other people and to stay at home. Michiganders aren’t listening. If we’d stay at home, we wouldn’t see language saying “don’t do this.” But what we’ve seen instead is people flocking to home improvement stores trying to get stuff done at home while under the stay at home order and flocking to beaches.

And the seed argument is moronic. 1. You should have planted seeds already if you’re a gardener and 2. If you want to garden, buy the plants when they’re more mature in May.
    It’s not like them Wisconsin gop idiots that decided to have to make millions vote during an epidemic.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    One of South Korea's hotspots was traced back to a large religious gathering where many people were affected. When they went home they spread it among their various communities.

If you, your loved ones and neighborhood were inflected by someone who kept breaking the stay at home order for religious reasons, I don't think you would be so understanding of their religious needs.
    It was traced back to one woman who decided to attend religious services and go to a buffet.

Is this ok?

I don't know the legality, but people should know not to go to service where people are close to one another. sitting together in pews in church right now should not be an option.

maybe a better solution would be parking lots comparable to old movie theaters where you sit in your vehicle. vehicles could still be 6-10 feet apart with a speaker you put in your window and the person talking on stage can still be heard, along with a large screen.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

There’s pictures online of stores in Walmart with tape around the seeds isle saying you can’t buy them. If you’re going to Walmart to buy groceries why the hell cant you buy seeds to plant? It says you can’t buy them in the store but you can order them online like what the hell is the difference?

Kentucky governor to ask cops to take pictures of cars who go to church this weekend

Also the “Michiganders aren’t listening” like 85% of your cases are in two or three counties.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast