4 40.00%
  • DAL

4 40.00%
  • Team GMs here

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

PSD Mock Offseason Playoffs RD1: DAL @ NO

THIS IS NOT REAL. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE ON TEAM FANDOM LINES

Each year a group of PSD users do the Mock Offseason where they take a team and control it over an offseason. This is this years playoffs. Please vote on which team you think would win in a single game.

Dallas Cowboys

OFFENSE

QB 1. Tom Brady 2. Tua Tagovailoa
    RB 1. Ezekiel Elliott 2.Tony Pollard 3. Alexander Mattison
    FB 1. Jamize Olawale
    WR 1. Amari Cooper 2. Michael Gallup 3. Chris Hogan 4. Cedrick Wilson 5. Lance Lenoir
    TE 1. Jason Witten 2. Irv Smith 3. Dalton Shultz
    LT 1. Tyron Smith 2. Cameron Fleming (Swing Tackle)
    LG 1. Connor Williams 2. Connor McGovern
    C 1. Travis Frederick 2. Joe Looney
    RG 1. Zack Martin 2. Cody Wichmann
    RT 1. Nate Solder 2. Wyatt Miller

DEFENSE

DE 1. Everson Griffen 2. Joe Jackson
    DT (1 tech) 1. Domata Peko 2. Antwaun Woods
    DT (3 tech) 1. Tyrone Crawford 2. Trysten Hill
    DE 1. Ezekiel Ansah 2. Dorance Armstrong 3. Jalen Jelks
    LOLB 1. Sean Lee 2. Chris Covington
    MLB 1. CJ Mosley 2. Luke Gifford
    ROLB 1. Leighton Vander Esch 2. Sione Takitaki
    CB 1. Josh Norman 2. Chidobe Awuzie 3. Mike Hilton (nickel) 4. Darqueze Dennard 5. Tre Herndon 6. Anthony Brown
    Safety 1. Malcolm Jenkins 2. Lamarcus Joyner 3. Xavier Woods 4. Donovan Wilson
    Kicker 1. Dan Bailey
    Punter 1. Chris Jones
    Long Snapper 1. L.P. Ladeouceur

[CENTER]@[/CENTER

New Orleans Saints

Offense

QB: Ryan Tannehill / Taysom Hill
    RB: Joe Mixon / Alvin Kamara / Dion Lewis / Cordarrelle Patterson
    FB/TE: Jonnu Smith / Alex Armah

SE: Mike Williams / Marquez Valdes-Scantling / Taysom Hill
    FL: A.J. Brown / Cordarrelle Patterson / TreQuan Smith
    SL: Danny Amendola / Marquez Valdes-Scantling / Deonte Harris
    TE: Jared Cook / Jonnu Smith / Taysom Hill

LT: Terron Armstead / Andrew Thomas / Jedrick Wills
    LG: Kelvin Beachum / Andrew Thomas / Tyler Biadasz
    C: Erik McCoy / Tyler Biadasz
    RG: Brandon Linder / Jedrick Wills / Tyler Biadasz
    RT: Ryan Ramcyzk / Jedrick Wills / Andrew Thomas

Defense

LE: Cam Jordan / Trey Hendrickson / Carl Granderson
    NT: Andrew Billings / Malcom Brown / Shy Tuttle
    UT: David Onyemata / Maliek Collins / Shy Tuttle
    RE: Marcus Davenport / K'Lavon Chaisson / Carl Granderson

SLB: Bruce Irvin / A.J. Klein / David Mayo
    MLB: Rashaan Evans / David Mayo / A.J. Klein
    WLB: Tahir Whitehead / Kenneth Murray / Shawn Williams / J.T. Gray

CB: Janoris Jenkins / Vernon Hargreaves / Patrick Robinson
    FS: Kevin Byard / Marcus Williams / Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
    SS: Shawn Williams / Kevin Byard / Amani Hooker / J.T. Gray
    CB: Marshon Lattimore / Vernon Hargreaves / Patrick Robinson
    NB: Patrick Robinson / Chauncey Gardner-Johnson / Amani Hooker

Special Teams
    K: Wil Lutz
    P: Thomas Morstead
    LS: Patrick Phibbs
    KR: Cordarrelle Patterson / Deonte Harris
    PR: Deonte Harris / Cordarrelle Patterson
    🐐

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

Dallas is destroying this team.

Yeah, I don't see how anybody votes for the Saints here. Their offense is pretty bad and their receivers can't take advantage of my average secondary. IRL, this wouldn't be close.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see how anybody votes for the Saints here. Their offense is pretty bad and their receivers can't take advantage of my average secondary. IRL, this wouldn't be close.
    Not at all.

You have one average pass rusher (at best) in girffin and nothing else on that can generate any sort of pass rush. Not only can you not help your awful secondary which might be worse than my alma-matters' secondary (which doesn't have a football program) but your guys can't cover for as long as they'll need to to be successful.

This is a prime matchup for someone to upset the saints because tannee probably won't win in a shoot out if you stop the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    You have one average pass rusher (at best) in girffin and nothing else on that can generate any sort of pass rush. Not only can you not help your awful secondary which might be worse than my alma-matters' secondary (which doesn't have a football program) but your guys can't cover for as long as they'll need to to be successful.

This is a prime matchup for someone to upset the saints because tannee probably won't win in a shoot out if you stop the run.

The Cowboys would destroy the Saints here. It wouldn't be close IRL. You can say my secondary is terrible, but it really isn't. You can look at their ratings and it's full of average to above-average guys. That's just the CBs, BTW. I have one of the best safeties in football and a guy who was a top player before he was moved to corner last year in Joyner. Plus I have Xavier Woods too who is a very good safety as well. Each of those guys also have the ability to play corner, so my coverage is really quite solid. Griffen is a good pass rusher, not an average one. Ansah is also a solid pass rusher. His run game will be stifled and Tannehill just can't keep up with one of the best offenses in the league here.

Final score of this matchup would be: 31-17, Cowboys. We might lose to other teams, but this one is just not close because his offense can't take advantage of an average defense and his defense can't hope to stop my offense.

Cowboys defense just doesnt get the job done. Ziggy Ansah is completely washed at this point, starting him is an outright negative. Same with Josh Norman. Both of those guys outright suck. Joyner is a shell of his former self, and Jenkins has been average at best. Awuzie was bad last season too. The Cowboys only redeeming feature is that their linebacking corps are decent.

The Tannehill to Brown connection, not to mention Mike Brown and Amendola just completely overwhelm the Cowboys defense, in whats definitely a shootout because the Cowboys offense is definitely gonna be pretty good and would be able to put up numbers on anyone.
    🐐

Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

The Cowboys would destroy the Saints here. It wouldn't be close IRL. You can say my secondary is terrible, but it really isn't. You can look at their ratings and it's full of average to above-average guys. That's just the CBs, BTW. I have one of the best safeties in football and a guy who was a top player before he was moved to corner last year in Joyner. Plus I have Xavier Woods too who is a very good safety as well. Each of those guys also have the ability to play corner, so my coverage is really quite solid. Griffen is a good pass rusher, not an average one. Ansah is also a solid pass rusher. His run game will be stifled and Tannehill just can't keep up with one of the best offenses in the league here.

Final score of this matchup would be: 31-17, Cowboys. We might lose to other teams, but this one is just not close because his offense can't take advantage of an average defense and his defense can't hope to stop my offense.
    You are going to stop the run but there is zero pass rush whatsoever.It's going to be a Packers Cardinals 2010 playoff game that ended 51-45

You are going to stop the run but there is zero pass rush whatsoever.It's going to be a Packers Cardinals 2010 playoff game that ended 51-45
    Not with Tanny as the QB.

It's absurd, Dallas is steam rolling this team.

Not to mention, Zeke will have a field day and Brady will pick the defense apart.

It's almost laughable this is touted as anything other than a blowout.

I think that secondary and pass rush is bad enough where even tanne could have a field day on that secondary. That secodnary is worse than the 2011 lions secondary. Godgers sat and flynn lit that playoff bound lions secondary for 6 TD. I see no reason why Tanne can't do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Not to mention, Zeke will have a field day and Brady will pick the defense apart.

It's almost laughable this is touted as anything other than a blowout.
    Brady will pick that defense apart? You watch brady last year? I'm not sure there's any defense you could assume he'd pick apart.

Brady will pick that defense apart? You watch brady last year? I'm not sure there's any defense you could assume he'd pick apart.
    With what he has around him, no. In this, against THAT secondary? Fish in a barrel.

With what he has around him, no. In this, against THAT secondary? Fish in a barrel.
    At least we have one other sane person in this forum!

I assume you're talking about tanne vs that D3 secondary. Not to see you're agreeing with me right now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast