Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I ****ing miss the Mets.

Its really gonna hit when the NFL Draft is over tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    I sort of like the latest suggestion: a Florida-Texas-Arizona plan. Ten teams in each area (East, Central, and West) and five MLB Parks. Most games could be played at the the MLB Parks under roofs. I would guess The NL East and AL East would get Florida.

Id add SanDiego to Arizona in the West so it would have two MLB Parks like the others.

The schedule could have 108 games (2/3s of a regular season) starting on Memorial Day weekend and finishing as scheduled. Or it could push the start and finish three weeks later and still finish before Thanksgiving week.

A schedule of 108 games comes out to 8 games against divisional opponents, 6 games against other league opponents, and sixteen interleague games against one division. It can be done in 17 weeks excluding an all-star break.
    Let me see if I understand this .

8 games each against The Phillies, Marlins, Nationals and Braves = 32 games
    6 games each against the Yankees, Tampa Bay, Toronto , Red Sox and Orioles =30 games or is it

8 games againt The Phillies,Marlins,Nationals, Braves, Yankees, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Red Sox and Orioles = 72 games

In scenario #1 how would the 46 remaining games be allocated and in Scenario #2 how would the 36 remaining games be allocated.

THe Florida-Texas-Arizona scheme makes a little more sense in that both Florida and Texas both have 2 domed stadiums , Arizona only has 1. You could probably play 3 games a day in each stadium , 12, 4 and 8 which in Florida and Texas means 6 games per day.

If you add San Diego you could then have 6 games per day, but that means flying from Pheonix or Tuscon to San Diego and the logistics in flying . I guess you could take a bus but I don't know long that ride is .

I understand that the teams in the West and East could all stay at training facilities, but where would youy put up all the Central Division teams in Texas as there are no baseball training facilities there. Could they use the facilities and living accomodations at the several Texas Universities, SMU, TCU, Austin , Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor, Houston, Rice etc ? I guess they could until September when hopefully the students would be returning.

Mets would play 8 against NL East teams (home & home 4-game series) for 32, and six games against the other ten NL teams for sixty more games, and sixteen games against the AL. That makes 108 games.

With six MLB stadiums, they can have up to 18 games daily which is enough to let every team play and even have some doubleheaders.
    Last edited by Halfmiler2; 04-23-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Mets would play 8 against NL East teams (home & home 4-game series) for 32, and six games against the other ten NL teams for sixty more games, and sixteen games against the AL. That makes 108 games.

With six MLB stadiums, they can have up to 18 games daily which is enough to let every team play and even have some doubleheaders.
    Got it , but where do you house the 10 teams playing in Texas? You would also be flying back and forth to Arizona, San Diego and Dallas, Houston.There is a lot of logistics there.
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 04-23-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Got it , but where do you house the 10 teams playing in Texas? You would also be flying back and forth to Arizona, San Diego and Dallas, Houston.There is a lot of logistics there.
    Less logistics playing in six MLB parks than playing in thirty spring training parks.

The reports say a month for training and a start in late June or the beginning of July for a 100 to 110 game season. One option in play is to use all or almost all the MLB parks without fans - at least at the start.

The reports say a month for training and a start in late June or the beginning of July for a 100 to 110 game season. One option in play is to use all or almost all the MLB parks without fans - at least at the start.
    Who gets the foul balls then?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Good question. They ought to donate them to the hospitals.

Dont they have protection all around to the foil poles now?

The Post now says that when spring training resumes, it will likely be at MLB parks instead of Florida and Arizona.

Play 20 games at home with in the division and 20 games away with in the division and and 4 games against teams outside of the division no out of league games.

It looks like 13 games against NL East teams and 6 games against AL East teams for a total of 82 games - just about a half season.

I'm reading the hold-up now is that the players don't want to accept a pay cut to return to play.

Yeah.

Here's what I say:

If they don't want to accept a pay cut, maybe they should cancel the season. And next season as well. And then every season in the forseeable future. By some estimates, unemployment now is as high as 25 percent. Foodservice workers -- people in supermarkets, food proccessing plants, etc -- are putting their lives on the line to keep people fed. Same, obviously, and more so, for anyone involved in healthcare, public safety, transportation, etc.

So if a bunch of multimillionaire athletes can't play for a few bucks less this time around, then maybe, just maybe, it's time to say goodbye to professional sports altogether for the foreseeable future. Society can no longer afford the players.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 05-11-2020 at 03:55 PM.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast