Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by batsmash View Post
    This is confirmed?
    Its tentative. Sounds like they have more details to iron out but Bob Nightengale is reporting that a deal could be finalized by Thursday or Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Wow!!!!! Last memory of your grandfather? Mine was when he took the whole family out to Radio City Music Hall to see the 1967 snooze film, Barefoot in the Park.

I like your memory better.
    That is because you were not a female. Any woman or girl would never describe Barefoot In The Park as a , " snooze film" because they could sit there for almost 2 hours and watch Robert Redford on the big screen.

So the NL is a DH league now, eh?

Well, good. Sick of having to manage around the fact that one pitcher in a dozen even knows how to hold a bat, and one in a hundred can swing it at a replacement level.

Weirdly, it happens to come at a time when the Mets' rotation has been pretty credible with the stick. But I'll trade the rare Syndergaard homer or occasional Jake double for having nine professional hitters in the lineup.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post

Well, good. Sick of having to manage around the fact that one pitcher in a dozen even knows how to hold a bat, and one in a hundred can swing it at a replacement level.

Weirdly, it happens to come at a time when the Mets' rotation has been pretty credible with the stick. But I'll trade the rare Syndergaard homer or occasional Jake double for having nine professional hitters in the lineup.
    Donít forget dude, Thor is out with TJ lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

This is overall such a strange situation, I havenít commented on it much around here because itís changing everyday, itís hard to keep up.

A 100% prorated salary is a must for the players. Itís silly that thereís a 100% prorated offer on the table for 75 games when the owners were offering a 75% prorated for 100 games...Itís also silly that the owners are/were essentially advocating for a less than 100% prorated salary for players as a way to compensate for concession and ticket losses. thereís so much money in television, streaming, merchandise, etc. The owners will still reap the rewards, the players are just putting themselves at risk...for what?

I hope thereís baseball, I miss it. But I also think these billionaires need to suck it up for a year, instead of cutting minor leaguers, minor league teams, reducing already poorly paid minor leaguers salaries, relying on on high paid players to to subsidize the losses, etc.

Iíll never side with a billionaire lol.

Regardless, if thereís a season, it will definitely go down as the weirdest one that Iíve ever lived through.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Players are countering with 70 games. They don't want 60. I'm guessing they'll finally settle at 65 games (at full pro rated money) with the players getting a larger share of the playoff pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    That is because you were not a female. Any woman or girl would never describe Barefoot In The Park as a , " snooze film" because they could sit there for almost 2 hours and watch Robert Redford on the big screen.
    True. Jane Fonda didnt do it for this 7 year old. That said, I cant believe we both saw that freaking movie!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post

Weirdly, it happens to come at a time when the Mets' rotation has been pretty credible with the .

stick. But I'll trade the rare Syndergaard homer or occasional Jake double for having nine professional hitters in the lineup.
    Beyond that, it will also be nice the Mets will be able to field the same kind of lineup as the Yankees and compete for the same players

Never a fan of the DH but it's long overdue in the NL.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Players are countering with 70 games. They don't want 60. I'm guessing they'll finally settle at 65 games (at full pro rated money) with the players getting a larger share of the playoff pool.
    Make it 64 games. They want an even number of home and away games. Twelve games against each divisional opponent, and sixteen interleague games.

I hate the DH but it looks like we are stuck with it.

70, 65, 60 what does it matteer ? It is such a basterdized season . If a team gets off to an 0-7 or 0-8 start , the season is probably over for them. If a team gets into the playoffs are you really going to think that they had a great season . Even if they win the WS ?

The only good thing that I see for the Mets is that if we return to baseball in 2021 in a normal way, then Jeff McNeil would be our everyday 2B , and Cano and Dominick Smith could be our DH and maybe JD Davis could develop into a decent LF

If they play, Mets and yanks will have ST in NY because Florida is **** hole right now.

Also seems like one or more Mets players have tested positive for Corona.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    70, 65, 60 what does it matteer ? It is such a basterdized season . If a team gets off to an 0-7 or 0-8 start , the season is probably over for them. If a team gets into the playoffs are you really going to think that they had a great season . Even if they win the WS ?

The only good thing that I see for the Mets is that if we return to baseball in 2021 in a normal way, then Jeff McNeil would be our everyday 2B , and Cano and Dominick Smith could be our DH and maybe JD Davis could develop into a decent LF
    Brooklyndave: PSD's new Voice of Reason. Now I've seen everything.

Looks like baseball is coming back.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast