Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Thanks for the kind words.

I’m a medical oncologist. I live and practice in Northern Virginia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's being modest. Gotta's so good he doesn't have to practice anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    While that might happen, what will happen to the pitchers who haven’t thrown all year? Will injuries be on a rise? What will happen to eligibility of ball players? Will players gain extra year of eligibility while not playing delaying Free Agency.
    The issue of eligibilty has already been decided. No matter what happens this year, even if there are no games played , this year will count as service time. Mookie Betts is a great example. If the season is cancelled , he is a free agent next year which means that if he signs elsewhere , the Dodgers traded players fior nothinhg.

Marcus Stroman would also be a free agent which means that the Mets traded players for 1/3 of a season for him if they do not resign him. He said that he always wanted to be a Yankee, so it might come to pass.

Good point as to pitchers, but the threat of Covid-19 has to outweigh that. They would have to come up with something. It is above my pay grade to come up with the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    The issue of eligibilty has already been decided. No matter what happens this year, even if there are no games played , this year will count as service time. Mookie Betts is a great example. If the season is cancelled , he is a free agent next year which means that if he signs elsewhere , the Dodgers traded players fior nothinhg.

Marcus Stroman would also be a free agent which means that the Mets traded players for 1/3 of a season for him if they do not resign him. He said that he always wanted to be a Yankee, so it might come to pass.

Good point as to pitchers, but the threat of Covid-19 has to outweigh that. They would have to come up with something. It is above my pay grade to come up with the answer.
    All of this is just posturing and looking for the most leverage. The players are going to play. They are just looking for a better deal which ultimately the owners will give them because they don't want to lose the entire season. Its too much money. Take into account that the players are taking on most of the risk and they have a significant bargaining chip.

It will get done. You'll see an abbreviated season that starts in the summer.

The NHL just announced they are coming back in July. No set date yet but they are in the process of moving along with a 24 team playoff tournament that will decide the eventual Stanley Cup winner. Wearing face shields are not mandatory either.

That should make people confident that major sports will return soon.

So we could possibly have Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, Football all going on at the same time? With no fans.

If the NHL does not start training camp until July 1st, they will not finish the playoffs until late September. Which means they probably do not start the next season until a little before Thanksgiving. Which means the season ends in mid-May and the playoffs in 2021 in July.

The players should agree to 40% of their salary over the minimum being deferred. That solves the owners cash-flow problem this year, and the players eventually get their money.

Interesting post by Andrew Church former Met 2nd rounder who was released yesterday

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jacob_Res...82834127089666

Tim Tebow signing is part of Andrew Church’s huge beef with ‘toxic’ Mets
    “This decision was strictly driven by baseball,’’ Alderson said in 2016. “This was not something driven by marketing considerations or anything of the sort.”

Alderson, now a senior advisor with the A’s, later admitted Tebow’s celebrity as a former Heisman-winning quarterback played a role in the move.

Tebow showed signs of progress on the field during his first two seasons with the organization, but had an ugly year at Triple-A Syracuse in 2019, when he hit just .163 with 98 strikeouts in 264 plate appearances.

He was also allowed to pursue a broadcasting career.

Submit your Mets questions here to be answered in an upcoming Post mailbag

The notion that any player with a shot at the majors had their careers significantly altered because of Tebow’s presence doesn’t hold up, but Church’s claim that he was put in a game after flying across the country is more concerning.

Church retired briefly before returning last season and said his “competitive nature was taken advantage of.

“They knew I would never say no to competing and would fly me around to fill in for anyone who got injured,” Church wrote.
    https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/tim-te...th-toxic-mets/

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Mets will always be Mets but that’s because of who owns them.

I miss GKR. I need my Mets fix lol

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I miss GKR. I need my Mets fix lol
    On the other hand, if they don't play a single game this season, I'll be fine.

I don't miss it.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    On the other hand, if they don't play a single game this season, I'll be fine.

I don't miss it.
    You dont miss baseball at all? That's hard for me to believe considering we all know how big of a Mets fan you are. I understand the current climate but that just makes me miss baseball more.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You dont miss baseball at all? That's hard for me to believe considering we all know how big of a Mets fan you are. I understand the current climate but that just makes me miss baseball more.
    Not at all.

I enjoyed watching the classic World Series and playoff games on SNY. I don't find myself yearning for the baseball season to start like i did during the 81 and 94 strikes.

Not in the least. Life has changed and I'm no longer certain baseball has any place in it anymore. Or to put that another way:

I'm not sure life has any room for baseball anymore. I think it has moved on.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast