Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I haven't been a TV watcher for a decade (don't get me wrong, I watch TV shows, just do it all streaming) but the wife does. She required we have cable which is getting absurdly expensive. So I asked her which channels she watches and then looked at what those channels had as shows. My God there is some strange stuff out there ... failed plastic surgery shows, Dr. Pimple Popper, several hoarders shows, SO MANY cooking game shows, tons of murder and crime shows, shows about mental disorders, and shows about extreme consumerism. So much of it seems to be "if the main character can only do/get this one thing, they will achieve happiness" which twists the viewers perceptions of the real world.

It's kind of sad and funny, but video games seem to be a more positive and uplifting media than TV is and I can't wait for TV to die if for no other reason than to spread out the money between hundreds of thousands of content creators and do away with some of the subtlety.

And for some reason Guy Fieri is pronounced in my brain like he's French ... Gee.
    Haha

As for cable prices, Iím hanging with YouTube TV and liking it mostly. Unlimited DVR space is great and easy to watch on any device anywhere for a decent price. Had direct tv but they kept jacking up the prices and we watch like 3 things on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Democracy in America

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    No I donít think I did. Glad you think the demise of this country is a big joke but I donít.
    That wasnít a joke. It was an abbreviated list of all the things that contribute to an ignorant public distracted by shiny objects while two corrupt parties pillage the nation.

You can choose Dems over republicans but youíre choosing to be hung instead of shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Again with "Supreme Court race" ... there are no Supreme Court races.

I think that the other states acted faster
    The are Supreme Court races in Wisconsin for the Wisconsin Supreme Court and Trump was backing a candidate.

**sorry should have read farther into the thread to see this was already addressed**
    Last edited by GasMan; 04-09-2020 at 12:52 PM.

I have issues with all of those groups, but I donít think thereís a more unforgivable group than the Bernie-or-Bust crowd.
    As if we don't have a good reason to be unforgiving with this corrupt political system. We all, at one point in time, have complained about corruption in our government, but yet we keep voting the same clowns who supported that corruption or at the least, turn a blind eye to it. Really, how responsive has the government been in addressing social problems in this country? And to top it off, Bernie's supporters are dressed up as the malcontent who causes Hillary the election, sexist, internet trolls and giving Trump possible re-election. I think there are many reasons why progressives are saying f you to the democrat party. This isn't a team sports where the home team wins sends everyone home with a warm feeling. If Biden or Trump wins, I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-09-2020 at 12:43 PM.

lol what? None of this makes one lick of sense.
    Sure it does. You are painting an end of the world scenario and the man you pick to save it is Joe Biden. You, a man of real conviction, are telling me you think joe biden is the solution. In a desperate time, where the future of the country and the balance of the court for generations is at stake, the dems best shot at beating trump is joe biden. That is the guy that they believe can create a coalition to beat trump, and isnt just a guy that will maintain the status quo for the party's benefactors. That is the dems win at all costs, save the country from certain doom strategy going into this election. You tell me, don they know what's at stake?

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Sure it does. You are painting an end of the world scenario and the man you pick to save it is Joe Biden. You, a man of real conviction, are telling me you think joe biden is the solution. In a desperate time, where the future of the country and the balance of the court for generations is at stake, the dems best shot at beating trump is joe biden. That is the guy that they believe can create a coalition to beat trump, and isnt just a guy that will maintain the status quo for the party's benefactors. That is the dems win at all costs, save the country from certain doom strategy going into this election. You tell me, don they know what's at stake?
    Itíll work. Joe is the only one in the field who can bring out the black vote which not even Corporate Booker or Kamala could do.
    Whatís more important? Winning or losing? Liberals usually pick the latter so itís not surprising to see them cheer against Joe already. Usually if you tell yourself something enough, itíll actually happen. One side says theyíre always winning, the other is acting like theyíve already lost because they didnít get their guy.

Itís a disgrace and just reinforces the stereotype of liberals and liberal millennials as entitled *****es who complain and cry when they donít get their way.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Itíll work. Joe is the only one in the field who can bring out the black vote which not even Corporate Booker or Kamala could do.
    Whatís more important? Winning or losing? Liberals usually pick the latter so itís not surprising to see them cheer against Joe already. Usually if you tell yourself something enough, itíll actually happen. One side says theyíre always winning, the other is acting like theyíve already lost because they didnít get their guy.

Itís a disgrace and just reinforces the stereotype of liberals and liberal millennials as entitled *****es who complain and cry when they donít get their way.
    I strongly disagree, I have seen at least as much (if not more) complaining on here from people who are angry others won't support Biden.

The disgrace is people pitting it always as a team game. Whats more important? America. Winning or losing? That is team game BS. True, liberals normally are capable of thinking for themselves/open minded and do not act as much like sheep within a team game. If your point is they are less likely to just support the team because they have been convinced it is solely a two sided game where one must win then you are right but not being sheep to a party is not a bad thing.

A center-right authoritarian who has a history of lies and flip flop/gets divisive with people/has the allegations/seems to be fading very quick or a right wing authoritarian who constantly lies and flip flops/gets divisive with people/has the allegations? Maybe some people just don't see much of a difference either way...

I am not saying I won't vote Biden, I just think so many people are acting ridiculous now attacking those who won't and then whining non stop often simply about the team game and nothing else.

Nonsense, trump will bring out the black vote. Anyone that identifies as a dem is a vote any of these candidates had already won.

Who is complaining? I'm not voting for biden, I'm not one of the ones here screaming at anyone here that's not "blue no matter who" is entitled or a disgrace. I dont owe anyone my vote, and for some reason you believe that you are entitled to it. Rather than building a coalition, repeat the same tired arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    butwhatabout should not used in a thread about democracy when someone is literally bringing up something about democracy, that is the point.

the Trump thread for example, if someone was to butwhatbout Joe Biden (or vice versa in the Biden threads), then that is what butwhatabout is meant for.

unless this democracy thread was intended to only attack Republicans, then it should be acceptable to mention something literally related to democracy.
    You responded to a quote of Trump with a quote from a Democrat. That is a butwhatabout. If you just wanted to discuss that Democrats quote, why did you respond to the post about Trumpís? Answer: to butwhatabout

Butwhatabout was meant to call out exactly what you did.

I said just kick them out of the party if they haven't left already. Then you can have a nice, small, pure party without the malcontents. You can then have complete support for the candidates the rich donors, media and party elders have chosen for you to vote for.

If I bad mouth my wife like the moderate posters are doing to the progressive, I would be alone. Maybe that is your wish?

No I donít think I did. Glad you think the demise of this country is a big joke but I donít.
    We can see your sense of humor in your avatar.

The inclusion of reality tv shows should have tipped you off he is making light of the situation.

You could argue Citizens United was the death of this country but at least we can still vote and make our voices heard. It wonít be too long before that is taken away and we become like Russia. Is Biden going to ďturn the tideĒ? Of course not. But what does that matter when his opponent is an autocrat? Status quo is better than bad change which is what Trump will bring. He will be replacing Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court who almost certainly wonít make it through another term. A re-elected, emboldened Trump WILL end this country for good. Think he was ďjust jokingĒ about maintaining power past his term? Think again. He will not give up his power willingly. Kids will remain in cages at the border. The fight against Climate change will tank as Trump rolls back more environmental regulations. There will be Medicare for none. I think itís pathetic that the Dem electorate was scared into believing that A senile old coot was somehow more electable than Bernie but itís the reality weíre in now and Iím choosing to just accept that reality and focus on the only thing that matters now and thatís defeating Trump. If you (and others on here) donít, then youíre now complicit in every horrible policy Trump slams this country with. You may not like hearing that but itís true.

Biden is a senile old fart who likely wonít make it through his term. His administration can be pushed left by the movement created by Bernie without too much trouble. I realize Iím shouting into the void. If you guys didnít ge tit after what happened in 2016 then youíre never going to.
    Trump isn't an autocrat, he's a narcissist. And we have no real chance to change the direction of this boat until the people refuse to vote for anyone who does not prioritize getting money out of politics in this country.

First, we have to come up with a cure for tribalism

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Nonsense, trump will bring out the black vote. Anyone that identifies as a dem is a vote any of these candidates had already won.

Who is complaining? I'm not voting for biden, I'm not one of the ones here screaming at anyone here that's not "blue no matter who" is entitled or a disgrace. I dont owe anyone my vote, and for some reason you believe that you are entitled to it. Rather than building a coalition, repeat the same tired arguments.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    First, we have to come up with a cure for tribalism
    Lol. You are seriously the last person in the world that should be making that statement.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast