Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    I know debates were scheduled at poor viewing times in an effort to help Hillary. I'm not going to entertain silly conspiracy theories. I voted for Bernie in 2016 and 2020 because I liked his grassroots. no-corporate-money campaign. My guy lost. I was disappointed but afterward my focus was on defeating the GOP and that is the case for me now as well. I don't get your complain about media and advertising. Are candidates not supposed to try to win your vote?
    It's not a conspiracy theory. It's general public knowledge. There is proof that the DNC and Hillary and media worked together to push her forward and push Bernie down.

Now that's hilarious and ironic coming from you. And voting straight Dem is about as informed of a decision one can make given the current state of the GOP. Candidates don't matter like they used to, at least in general election.
    Why is it hilarious coming from me? I try to get information before I vote. I think it's sad that you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's not a conspiracy theory. It's general public knowledge. There is proof that the DNC and Hillary and media worked together to push her forward and push Bernie down.
    You went a lot further than that, you claimed the DNC conspired with Hillary to fix/rig the primary. That's a conspiracy theory with no real proof. Was Bernie treated fairly in that primary? Hell no. But that's a lot different than calling it fixed, which implies some shady business with vote totals or something.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Why is it hilarious coming from me? I try to get information before I vote. I think it's sad that you don't.
    You just spewing "both sides" everywhere because you think it's "hip" or "cool" or whatever doesn't make you informed. Just the opposite in fact. It makes you a lazy citizen.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

You just spewing "both sides" everywhere because you think it's "hip" or "cool" or whatever doesn't make you informed. Just the opposite in fact. It makes you a lazy citizen.
    I wanna try(!):

You just spewing "Democrat or bust" everywhere because you think it's "hip" or "cool" or whatever doesn't make you informed. Just the opposite in fact. It makes you a lazy citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    which party refused to accept the results of the 2016 election.

there is no point in having a conversation about democracy without including the fact that one side refused to accept Donald Trump as the President after the 2016 election. some were able to manipulate others that Trump must have cheated, and of course that wasn't true.
    there was literally a trending hashtag #NotMyPresident.

this is something someone said..

ďWomen are dying because we are losing elections,Ē
    "We donít have the right to lose a damn election. We have to win. We have to win.Ē

who said that? Democrat Keith Ellison.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/383...sing-elections
    Very convenient loss of memory. What racist southern white turtle faced senator said the day after Obama's election in 2008 that it was his job to make sure Obama failed? A birdie told me it was Moscow Mitch.

Iím hip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

You went a lot further than that, you claimed the DNC conspired with Hillary to fix/rig the primary. That's a conspiracy theory with no real proof. Was Bernie treated fairly in that primary? Hell no. But that's a lot different than calling it fixed, which implies some shady business with vote totals or something.
    There is proof. Any level of collusion IS fixing it, just like a ref point shaving in a game is a fix.

What the **** makes you think I think it's "hip" or "cool"? I hate it, but I've known for a long time that politics is corrupt in general and it's just getting worse. I don't see how doing extra reading to read every perspective I can find on subjects and following stories back to their sources makes me lazy. Someone who thinks the "right" choice is to just do whatever the DNC tells them to do ... that's a politically lazy person.

Democracy in America

how does this guy thinks lazy is the opposite of cool or hip?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Candidates are good for rhetoric but in terms of results, you need a united government and a mandate. That's why taking back the House in 2018 and stopping the GOP legislative agenda was so important.
    The candidate matters in many ways and I do agree though that the party matters as well. I am not denying that it has largely become a team battle between politicians and over the courts. I also agreed with Scoots earlier that the GOP is obviously willing to twist things more/is more extreme and I think he put it as Dems play nicer. Generally speaking you can make statements like this and back them up with examples pretty easily if you want.

The way Mcconnell and the senate handled the SCOTUS and now how SCOTUS keeps handling certain cases agains common sense decisions in favor of said team in split decisions. How WI supreme court acted ridiculous itself on GOP side. I mean whether this or going back 10 or so years either way you can make some specific points and generally discuss what is going on.

Always choosing one side over the other and making it a team game is the approach they are taking and now you are pushing the same thing. That is the lazy approach. That is like seeing someone else talking about the GOP being a problem in voting rights and just saying look at Hillary, both sides. It is lazy, pointless, the team game and ignores the context of the whole. It isn't about the actual standards being discussed at this point just judging everything by team/association.

What happen today in Wisconsin is why democracy is almost dead in this country.

First to have them vote during a pandemic is insane but thatís GOP politics for you.

Then in Milwaukee where itís where most minorities live they had 5 polling places when they usually have 180.

People waited 4-5 hours to vote?

Democracy in America

Who runs Milwaukee? Democratic mayor. Who declined help from the national guard? Democratic mayor

Again you need facts. I voted yesterday at 5 PM in my city of about 50,000 and I was in and out in 2 minutes. They had people wiping down the booths after each visit, you filled out the ballot with a regular pen which you used to sign your name after showing ID. They had marks where people should stand and all the doors were open so you didnít have to touch any door handles. They had barriers so there was something between you and the workers. It was more safer than me working with 30 other people or going to the grocery store.

The lines you see is because milwaukee only had 5 polling stations which Barrett refused help. Everywhere else there was no major issue reported

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    What happen today in Wisconsin is why democracy is almost dead in this country.

First to have them vote during a pandemic is insane but thatís GOP politics for you.

Then in Milwaukee where itís where most minorities live they had 5 polling places when they usually have 180.

People waited 4-5 hours to vote?
    Again the Mayor refused any help from the national guard help with polling places. Barrett refused help. The only issue reported was in Milwaukee

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast