Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    https://youtu.be/XaZabdy3zQw

Seems reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A real american hero. Or they could have mailed them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Sure, you keep believing that.

IMO folks like you are worse than the partisan right wingers. At least they have convictions.
    I've got convictions, they are just more diverse than "vote Dem all the way".

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I've got convictions, they are just more diverse than "vote Dem all the way".
    I would have hoped seeing what just happened in Wisconsin thanks to the SCOTUS ruling would emphasize how important it is to not have GOP presidents appointing justices at all costs.

I guess I was wrong.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Yesterday was my day out. I went from going to the store every day or so to about once a week now when we are running out. I don't want to overbuy and take things other people may be desperate for. I did notice that yesterday the stock levels around here are WAY higher than they were 2 weeks ago, but people are getting maybe a little less cautious too.

I talked to the store general manager when they reduced their hours from 24 hours down to 8am to 8pm, and pointed out that they were actually increasing the in-store density of people by doing so. They agreed but said they were not allowed to stay open 24 hours anymore. Now there are 4 times as many employees in the store and twice as many customers it seems. I would have happily done my shopping at 2 am in an empty store like I used to.
    I tried the 2am shopping trip thing in early March and it was the most crowded (and weird) I've ever seen a supermarket at that time. The cashier looked like she had been ran over by a bus and ended up telling me it had been busier than any major holiday or sporting event lead up and was getting worse by the day. I think that was when all this **** really struck me.

I haven’t left my house other then to jog around the pond behind my house since March 13th. I was running low on food and you can’t get groceries delivered by me anymore (the demand is just too high) so I order Omaha Steaks and they were delivered yesterday. I’m pretty stoked about them

3/16 was my last day out other than some solo walks and drives.

Sure, you keep believing that.

IMO folks like you are worse than the partisan right wingers. At least they have convictions.
    Neat.

From my vantage point, you seem to simply hate anyone who doesn't think exactly like you. Sounds like a really rewarding existence.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Someone posted Trump’s quote. You immediately posted a Democrat’s quote. That is #buthwatabout.

What does that Democrat’s quote have to do with Trump’s quote? Nothing.
    This entire election cycle will be butwhatsbout. It had to be.

Democrat “Don’t vote for Trump. He’s a racist and sexist. He’s been accused...”

Republican “Biden...”

Democrat: “Butwhatabout”

Republican: “Don’t vote for Biden he wants to kill babies.”

Democrat “Trump”

Republican “Butwhatabout”

Democracy in the US is about trying to gain the moral high ground. Keep playing the game with these idiots and you’ll always lose. Butwhatabout is American politics. Both candidates and parties suck balls. Most people “choose” a side for the same reason most people choose a religion or sports team., because it was inherited from family. It’s stupid.

I would have hoped seeing what just happened in Wisconsin thanks to the SCOTUS ruling would emphasize how important it is to not have GOP presidents appointing justices at all costs.

I guess I was wrong.
    You were. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    This entire election cycle will be butwhatsbout. It had to be.

Democrat “Don’t vote for Trump. He’s a racist and sexist. He’s been accused...”

Republican “Biden...”

Democrat: “Butwhatabout”

Republican: “Don’t vote for Biden he wants to kill babies.”

Democrat “Trump”

Republican “Butwhatabout”

Democracy in the US is about trying to gain the moral high ground. Keep playing the game with these idiots and you’ll always lose. Butwhatabout is American politics. Both candidates and parties suck balls. Most people “choose” a side for the same reason most people choose a religion or sports team., because it was inherited from family. It’s stupid.
    The specific reason I called it out in this instance ia because Special constantly complains about others doing a but what about and then does blatant ones himself.

I wasn’t so much calling out his but what about as I was calling out his hypocrisy...

I guess I was wrong.
    "At all costs" no, there are some lines I don't think we should cross.

And I wasn't talking about just the President, you said you just vote Dem all the way down which makes you an unthinking lapdog to the party.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I tried the 2am shopping trip thing in early March and it was the most crowded (and weird) I've ever seen a supermarket at that time. The cashier looked like she had been ran over by a bus and ended up telling me it had been busier than any major holiday or sporting event lead up and was getting worse by the day. I think that was when all this **** really struck me.
    Yeah, empty shelves just points out how quickly people started panicking.

I haven’t left my house other then to jog around the pond behind my house since March 13th. I was running low on food and you can’t get groceries delivered by me anymore (the demand is just too high) so I order Omaha Steaks and they were delivered yesterday. I’m pretty stoked about them

How many people are in with you? I'm with 4 people and 2 animals ... and that's 6 too many.

Democracy in America

How many people are in with you? I'm with 4 people and 2 animals ... and that's 6 too many.
    The wife and I plus two cats. When everything started we had Whole Foods delivered through Amazon. Recently I found this stoner app “go puff” that delivers some grocery stuff. I got a couple things from them and from Amazon prime and now I got my Omaha Steaks. I’m good for a couple more weeks easy

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

"At all costs" no, there are some lines I don't think we should cross.

And I wasn't talking about just the President, you said you just vote Dem all the way down which makes you an unthinking lapdog to the party.
    Only because the GOP is an existential threat to this country.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast