Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Feel free to swap tasks, exercise 30 mins with the kids and play tetris with the dog
    I wasn't suggesting you actually exercise with the kids, I was thinking more along the lines of giant hamster wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Here in Sacramento CA. Weíve had shelter in place since early March. Our kids have been out of school that whole time. Now we learned that the kids will not return for the rest of the year.

We are now entering distance learning, which has proven difficult. It hard because the kids treat everyday like a Saturday and here we are saying no, itís class time now.... ugh.

Anyway, everyone here is healthy so far (wife and kids included). Iím stocked up on alcohol pretty good, Iím getting real good at darts.

I finally opened red dead redemption 2, thatís a killer game that is taking a lot of my time.
    My kids are 6 and 8 and entering the 3rd week of distance learning. They don't understand mommy and daddy ahve to work from home or we get fired, on top of having to be full time teacher with the amount of work the school is sending home each Friday.

This whole situation is going to end a lot of marriages for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    My kids are 6 and 8 and entering the 3rd week of distance learning. They don't understand mommy and daddy ahve to work from home or we get fired, on top of having to be full time teacher with the amount of work the school is sending home each Friday.

This whole situation is going to end a lot of marriages for certain.
    Similar situation here. My wife has a high-stress job at the hospital. And just her being there is scary & stressful for the both of us.

My own job is busier than ever. I've got a high level position at a company that runs local news sites and all of our income is based on local advertisers. We don't charge our readers. And a lot of those advertisers are pausing their spend, so we're scrambling for our jobs. Mega stressful. Especially working from home and trying to feed, school and be a good father to a 4 & 6 yr old.

Here in Myrtle Beach everything is OK. Today at 5PM our Stay at Home order goes into effect. Since my job is considered essential I have at least a 1/3rd of my day covered.
    To add to my own post. The wife also has an essential job since she works for a dermatology office. They have been wearing masks and gloves and also been checking patients temperatures as they come in. I work for a large format printing and graphics company and we also sell land surveying equipment so we are considered essential to the construction business. Today we just had a customer come in to pick up a set of plans and tell us he had symptoms about 3 weeks and was tested and some how they lost his first test so he had to have it done a second time. His test came back negative so after he left my boss and I wiped everything down just in case. The wife and I don't have kids so we don't have to worry about no school. We do have a pain in the *** 15 year old Chihuahua/terrier mix. I've been replaying Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and playing some Madden and FIFA.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I've been quasi self quarantined for about 15 years so this isn't a big change for me. My tip would be to keep mentally active and set fake daily goals, you'll feel busy even though it's totally artificial. Something for me would be like making sure I get at least 10,000 steps, solving at least 1,000 words on wordscapes (or whatever app you play on your phone), listening to a certain amount of episodes of a podcast, playing 2 full games of NCAA 14 or Madden (or whatever is the game of the day), watching X number of streaming shows, spend at least 30 minutes playing with the dog. Before you know it, you'll get a message from someone and you wanna tell them to buzz off because you can't keep up with all your tasks and chat with them at the same time haha

also, at the end of the night, drink a lot
    Goat!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12