Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Lions sign Darryl Roberts

Lions signed CB Darryl Roberts, formerly of the Jets, to a one-year contract.
    Roberts will turn 30 in November. The four-year veteran started 26 games for the Jets from 2016-2019, tallying three interceptions and 172 tackles along the way. Still, inconsistency was often a problem, as PFF graded Roberts as the league's 94th-best CB in 2019 among 132 qualified corners.
    via rotoworld

Roberts, 29, was a seventh-round draft pick for the New England Patriots in 2015. Of course, that overlapped with Lions head coach Matt Patricia’s time in New England, but Roberts would not end up spending much time in Foxborough. He spent his rookie season on injured reserve and did not end up making the team in 2016.

However, his career caught on when the Jets swooped him up from waivers. He played in 12 games his first season with the Jets, starting two. In 2018, he grew into a starting role, starting 10 of the final 12 games of the season, while racking up seven passes defended and an interception.

His performance was good enough for the Jets to hand him a three-year, $18 million extension before the 2019 season. However, Roberts struggled last year, earning just a 56.6 PFF grade while allowing a passer rating of 99.6 when targeted. He eventually lost his job as a starter, and the Jets cut him earlier this year, saving $6 million in cap space.
    Via Pride of Detroit

Another veteran corner brought it for help. Lions will still take a corner in this draft but I think they are trying to keep all options open and not have to take Okudah, though I still would if Young is not there.

Then again this is the same management staff that thought Rashaan Melvin was enough at CB#2 opposite of Slay, so who knows.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 04-02-2020 at 02:11 PM.

I played a lot of players vs the Jets defense this year in fantasy and I know this man is complete *** and was always getting cooked

guess which team he was drafted by?

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Via Pride of Detroit

Another veteran corner brought it for help. Lions will still take a corner in this draft but I think they are trying to keep all options open and not have to take Okudah, though I still would if Young is not there.

Then again this is the same management staff that thought Rashaan Melvin was enough at CB#2 opposite of Slay, so who knows.
    Yeah I agree that if Young isn't there at #3 and Okudah is then you have to draft him.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    Yeah I agree that if Young isn't there at #3 and Okudah is then you have to draft him.
    Gotta take Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post
    Gotta take Simmons.
    I prefer Simmons over Okudah but you also have the idiots who are running the franchise. I've seen plenty of tape on Simmons since I live in ACC country. Simmons is going to be a beast in the NFL. No offense to Okudah who will also be a star. Some are comparing him to Jalen Ramsey. Simmons is a Swiss Army knife.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    I prefer Simmons over Okudah but you also have the idiots who are running the franchise. I've seen plenty of tape on Simmons since I live in ACC country. Simmons is going to be a beast in the NFL. No offense to Okudah who will also be a star. Some are comparing him to Jalen Ramsey. Simmons is a Swiss Army knife.
    Yeah, no kidding. Everything Quinn and Patricia have said about defense tells me Simmons is the pick but lately the sportswriters are all mocking Okudah even without a trade down. They did the same thing last year right before the draft, they all started mocking Hockenson to the Lions, they all probably knew already.