Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quarantine thread- checking in

Hey guys, amid all this chaos I wanted to check in and see how you guys are holding up. Staying safe, sanitary and sane hopefully. If you have any tricks on keeping busy, let me know. I have 4 kids floating around here.

I hear itís bad in N.Y., Detroit, Jersey.... again hope your guys are doing well. Peace.
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

I was starting to get pretty bored after a few days but then I started getting a workout in in the morning and riding my bike in the afternoon which is a lot nicer with practically no cars out on the roads. I'm just glad my kids are already grown and out of the house.

I've been quasi self quarantined for about 15 years so this isn't a big change for me. My tip would be to keep mentally active and set fake daily goals, you'll feel busy even though it's totally artificial. Something for me would be like making sure I get at least 10,000 steps, solving at least 1,000 words on wordscapes (or whatever app you play on your phone), listening to a certain amount of episodes of a podcast, playing 2 full games of NCAA 14 or Madden (or whatever is the game of the day), watching X number of streaming shows, spend at least 30 minutes playing with the dog. Before you know it, you'll get a message from someone and you wanna tell them to buzz off because you can't keep up with all your tasks and chat with them at the same time haha

also, at the end of the night, drink a lot

I've been quasi self quarantined for about 15 years so this isn't a big change for me. My tip would be to keep mentally active and set fake daily goals, you'll feel busy even though it's totally artificial. Something for me would be like making sure I get at least 10,000 steps, solving at least 1,000 words on wordscapes (or whatever app you play on your phone), listening to a certain amount of episodes of a podcast, playing 2 full games of NCAA 14 or Madden (or whatever is the game of the day), watching X number of streaming shows, spend at least 30 minutes playing with the dog. Before you know it, you'll get a message from someone and you wanna tell them to buzz off because you can't keep up with all your tasks and chat with them at the same time haha

also, at the end of the night, drink a lot
    Goat!

I forgot the greatest Time Waster of All Time (TWAT), if you have access to the older consoles, the SNES specifically, find a way to acquire Tetris Attack, you can even play it with your kids! You'll sit down for what feels like 20 minutes and when you check the clock 3 hours will have gone by

if the whole world stayed home and played Tetris Attack, this would be over in 24 hours real time

I forgot the greatest Time Waster of All Time (TWAT), if you have access to the older consoles, the SNES specifically, find a way to acquire Tetris Attack, you can even play it with your kids! You'll sit down for what feels like 20 minutes and when you check the clock 3 hours will have gone by

if the whole world stayed home and played Tetris Attack, this would be over in 24 hours real time
    Your kids have already played Tetris...what they need is exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post
    Your kids have already played Tetris...what they need is exercise.
    Feel free to swap tasks, exercise 30 mins with the kids and play tetris with the dog

Feel free to swap tasks, exercise 30 mins with the kids and play tetris with the dog
    I wasn't suggesting you actually exercise with the kids, I was thinking more along the lines of giant hamster wheel.

Here in Myrtle Beach everything is OK. Today at 5PM our Stay at Home order goes into effect. Since my job is considered essential I have at least a 1/3rd of my day covered.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    Here in Myrtle Beach everything is OK. Today at 5PM our Stay at Home order goes into effect. Since my job is considered essential I have at least a 1/3rd of my day covered.
    Wow, that's crazy to hear. In Illinois we have been under a 'Shelter in Place' order since March 20th. This was to go until April 7th but has since been extended to April 30th.

The company I work for works closely with events nationwide so with them being cancelled we have been impacted pretty significantly. Early on the entire company was furloughed except for me and another individual. However, that individual and myself filed for unemployment on Saturday when that extension of the shelter in place was communicated. A few positives though are that the company will continue to pay for my health benefits and pay half of what my UE benefits are if I work up to 20 hours a week. Now, I'm spending my few hours a week sourcing medical masks from our partner in China to sell to our client base.

Crazy times.

In socal things are okay thus far, but I anticipate it getting worse. I'm working from home, so is my wife. That part isn't bad, it's the kids not having school which is difficult. We now have to keep our daughter busy & work 8-10 hours a day...so far it's been going well...but some days are more stressful.

I'm doing alright. A little bored and stir crazy but that is expected under a quarantine.

I have a lot of coping skills and therapy interventions saved from work so I can use those too when I feel down. Basically just watching a lot of movies and catching up on channels I follow on youtube. I'm thinking about getting back into old games too like Majora's Mask. Have it, but have not played it ever. I'm looking forward to hooping too.

still alive and healthy. same with the wife and kids unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    still alive and healthy. same with the wife and kids unfortunately.
    I could give you a hand if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I could give you a hand if you need it.
    I prefer women, but I guess I can make an exception since it's been awhile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast