Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Fans or no Fans

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,513

    Fans or no Fans

    Since WM 36 wrapped up after two days what are your thoughts and or opinions on having no fans in the stands? We all know these last few weeks have been hard to adjust to with no interaction with a live crowd and there have been times it felt cringeworthy like when Austin had his 3:16 day and he was talking to the viewers at home. But after watching what could go down as one of the best and strangest WMs ever I have to admit Iím starting to get used to this no fan in the stands thing. But thatís not to say I hope we never see a live audience again.
    Last edited by BSF101; 04-06-2020 at 06:44 PM.


    Vince to Gronk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    113,499
    Fans but they should use the taker stuff maybe a couple times a year for certain feuds with certain guys and not just taker.

    Balor/taker/sting/stroman/fiend and a few others could really benefit from this

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    25,716
    Fans but i think they can utilize no fans to get heels over in a certain way where crowds dont get a chance to cheer for them.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    7,073
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Fans but they should use the taker stuff maybe a couple times a year for certain feuds with certain guys and not just taker.

    Balor/taker/sting/stroman/fiend and a few others could really benefit from this

    Taker is 55 not 2 much in the tank let the guy rest

    #FreeYagyu And CSSTL

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,159
    Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Since WM 36 wrapped up after two days what are your thoughts and or opinions on having no fans in the stands? We all know these last few weeks have been hard to adjust to with no interaction with a live crowd and there have been times it felt cringeworthy like when Austin had his 3:16 day and he was talking to the viewers at home. But after watching what could go down as one of the best and strangest WMs ever I have to admit Iím starting to get used to this no fan in the stands thing. But thatís not to say I hope we never see a live audience again.
    I think it depends on the situation. I am like you, Austin on 3:16 day and the Triple H 25th Anniversary thing felt cringe worthy with no fans. I also felt like some of the matches at WrestleMania were not done justice with no fans being there (Drew's Title Win, the Ladder Match just to name a couple).

    I must admit, I can handle Friday Night Smackdown at 2 hours with zero fans a lot more than Raw at 3 hours with zero fans. The only good thing on Raw right now is seeing more of Zelina Vega!!!
    Eichel Tower

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    26,071
    AEW has been way more enjoyable having wrestlers on the sideline making comments and getting involved. Way more entertaining for me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,025
    The product is completely useless without fans. I havenít watched a single show since the audiences have been gone and wonít watch until they are back.

    Without fans the wrestling companies will go out of business in the long(er) run anyway so it is a moot point.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    93,619
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    The product is completely useless without fans. I havenít watched a single show since the audiences have been gone and wonít watch until they are back.

    Without fans the wrestling companies will go out of business in the long(er) run anyway so it is a moot point.
    I tend to agree with you. The crowd is a huge part of the experience and a vital part not just nice to have. Even a crowd that's mostly just staring at their phones is better than no crowd.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,515
    I will say, AEW is doing it so much better than WWE. I quit watching Raw and Smackdown. They weren't great before, but it is unwatchable now. It just seems low rate. I'm not a fan of AEW but I decided to check it out this week and I actually enjoyed it. You don't really notice the fans aren't there. They still are doing the big entrances and I think it helps that they are in an outdoorish bigger venue. Having the other wrestlers in the stands makes it fun as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •