Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

New Universal Champion Braun Strowman

Now that Braun has finally won the big one, and gets the honor of having beat Goldberg, how will Braun be booked as champion?
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Oh come on I havenít even watched Part 1 yet.

Vince to Gronk

Good on him! They should have pulled the trigger before this, but he deserves it. I didn't like what he said earlier, but I think he chose a poor time to express a pretty standard way of thinking about things for a number of people in this country and around the globe. If this leads to a feud with Roman Reigns, then I will be a happy camper. Those two should work together at every conceivable turn.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Like I said in the other thread he is just a meaningless placeholder while WWE goes on hiatus.

Goldberg had to drop it to someone and who else really did they have left to put in this particular match as an emergency opponent Šnd feed to Roman later. Itís a shame though it had to be a guy with limited talent who has given himself such a bad rep among his peers recently. That sends a wrong message to the industry.

i dont see roman being anywhere near wrestling for a while let alone champ and he shouldnt.... maybe roman wins it off braun at summerslam which would be fine i guess... personally id prefer bray/braun at mania.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Oh come on I havenít even watched Part 1 yet.
    Yeah. Hey, redsox, you might want to hold off on posting threads like this. Not everyone is watching it live. I watched it a couple hours after it started and luckily I didn't come here until after I watched the match. You posted this right when it happened. That would be like posting a thread in the entertainment forum about someone dying on the walking dead right when it is aired. I would at least give it several hours before posting a spoiler thread like this, or even title the thread mania spoiler and changing it later.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i dont see roman being anywhere near wrestling for a while let alone champ and he shouldnt.... maybe roman wins it off braun at summerslam which would be fine i guess... personally id prefer bray/braun at mania.
    Apparently Goldberg and Vince got into a huge backstage fit after Roman was pulled from the match because Goldberg views Braun as an unworthy joke and didnít want to lose to him. He had contractually agreed to specifically win the belt from Bray and lose it to Reigns and initially he wanted to keep Vince to that agreement.

Goldberg proposed to retain and do two more matches, ending with him dropping the belt to Reigns at Summerslam. According to the reports Vince then told him ďthe fans wonít care if itís him (Goldberg) or Braun who gets beaten for the championship by Roman laterĒ.

Whether or not Vince is correct about that I think the real reason is $$$ and Vince didnít want to pay Goldberg $1 million per match two times more especially in these times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Yeah. Hey, redsox, you might want to hold off on posting threads like this. Not everyone is watching it live. I watched it a couple hours after it started and luckily I didn't come here until after I watched the match. You posted this right when it happened. That would be like posting a thread in the entertainment forum about someone dying on the walking dead right when it is aired. I would at least give it several hours before posting a spoiler thread like this, or even title the thread mania spoiler and changing it later.
    Iím not mad just wanted to watch the outcome first. That being said I really though Goldberg would of retain the
    title then lose it in triple threat next PPV. Reigns vs Braun vs Goldberg.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    Apparently Goldberg and Vince got into a huge backstage fit after Roman was pulled from the match because Goldberg views Braun as an unworthy joke and didnít want to lose to him. He had contractually agreed to specifically win the belt from Bray and lose it to Reigns and initially he wanted to keep Vince to that agreement.

Goldberg proposed to retain and do two more matches, ending with him dropping the belt to Reigns at Summerslam. According to the reports Vince then told him ďthe fans wonít care if itís him (Goldberg) or Braun who gets beaten for the championship by Roman laterĒ.

Whether or not Vince is correct about that I think the real reason is $$$ and Vince didnít want to pay Goldberg $1 million per match two times more especially in these times.
    If that's true, yeah I can't blame Vince. With this climate and the unlikelihood of there being any major PPVs or even live events soon, you can't keep giving Goldberg ungodly money to have 3-4 minute matches.

We always talk about how hard it is to take Braun seriously because of all the losses. Well, he's an opportunity to build him as a dominant character.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post

lol the amazing thing is about goldberg thinking anyone is unworthy is the fact that braun is better than him at literally everything even when goldberg was in his prime... goldberg is a terrible wrestler and was never good on the mic. He owes whoever decided to give him that insane wcw push half of his money

Goldberg has always been a huge proven draw. In that regard he blows Braun out of the water and it isnít even close.

Look at the names he recently beat. While I donít agree with the choice either Goldberg was the one WWE chose to beat the unbeatable Fiend. And now they have him lose to some emergency placeholder opponent who hasnít ever done anything significant.
    Imo Goldberg is 100% right about that and Braun has little talent besides being the current default big man for a lack of legit big men in the business at the moment. Dude has four moves and 0 charisma. I thought people hated that type of wrestler

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    We always talk about how hard it is to take Braun seriously because of all the losses. Well, he's an opportunity to build him as a dominant character.
    If WWE had any interest in building him they would have already done so by now. He is just a placeholder at a time hardly anybody watches the show. Actually after this week there probably wonít even be a show anymore for a while.