Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    So, both the WWE Championship and Universal Championship matches ended in less than 5 minutes. Both predictable in every way, from winner to match length to finish. Just garbage.

I don't know what I loved more. Firefly Fun house or Boneyard match.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I don't know what I loved more. Firefly Fun house or Boneyard match.
    As vignettes they would have been great. As wrestling matches they were ****. But Iím a wrestling fan and not a sports entertainment fan, so I will never like that kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    I donít think it was bad at all. How can people like AJ/Taker but hate Fiend/Cena?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    we actually got wrestling in the undertaker vs styles

that cena/fiend thing is going to go down as one of the worst things ever... i am glad they did them both because now wwe should realize how to use this stuff and how not to.

the cena match was way way way over the top

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    As vignettes they would have been great. As wrestling matches they were ****. But Iím a wrestling fan and not a sports entertainment fan, so I will never like that kind of stuff.
    Cornette is supposed to review mania on his podcast this week. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about those two matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Cornette is supposed to review mania on his podcast this week. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about those two matches.
    Yea, Iím anxiously awaiting that one.

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    I picked Rhea in my picks, but once Becky won last night I assumed Charlotte would win tonight. Iím good with that. Charlotte is the best female wrestler ever. She deserves these wins and title reigns.
    How can Charlotte be "the best female wrestler ever" when she's not even the best female wrestler presently?

---------------

1. Flair did NOT need the NXT title, hades she does not need any title she is already over. I'm tired of the WWE
    keeping give Charlotte undeserving titles shots. Flair needs to drop that belt back to Rhea quickly.

2. If they are not going to do anything with Black on Raw/Smackdown then move him back to NXT so he can face guys like Balor and the three big guys (and you know who they are) for the NXT title.

3. Otis/Dolph and Raw Tag team match was blah. Orton/Edge was hit and miss but the match ended great.

4. Fatal Five with Bayley winning was a damn good and fun match the watch. We know either Banks or Bayley will turn on the other, it's a matter of when. But watching that unfold will be interesting.

5. Cena/Fiend was too convoluted for my taste, as was the boneyard match. When you have to have gimmick matches to hid limitations of certain individuals (ie Boneyard with Undertaker), then it's time for that individual to walk away from the business. Not a fan of either Funhouse or Boneyard, or not a fan of using Undertaker and John Cena in this matches. If they would have used Daniel Bryan instead of John Cena and Braun Stroman instead of Undertaker, these matches would have great to me.

6. Love the fact that Mac won but did they need both guys to kick out of so many finishers? Finishers are supposed to be that....a definitive end to a match. But these two guys made the F-5 and Claymore look weak.
    Screw sabermetics.

There were three winners of the Firefly Funhouse Match

1.) Reddit wrestling alternate reality posters

2.) Bruce Prichard once again nails his VKM impersonation

3.) Titus O'Neill has another great gif under his belt for his face after the match

Also, really, really bad look to have both men's world title matches essentially be spam-fests for finishing/signature moves, especially when all of the women's matches got 20-plus minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    How can Charlotte be "the best female wrestler ever" when she's not even the best female wrestler presently?

---------------

1. Flair did NOT need the NXT title, hades she does not need any title she is already over. I'm tired of the WWE
    keeping give Charlotte undeserving titles shots. Flair needs to drop that belt back to Rhea quickly.

2. If they are not going to do anything with Black on Raw/Smackdown then move him back to NXT so he can face guys like Balor and the three big guys (and you know who they are) for the NXT title.

3. Otis/Dolph and Raw Tag team match was blah. Orton/Edge was hit and miss but the match ended great.

4. Fatal Five with Bayley winning was a damn good and fun match the watch. We know either Banks or Bayley will turn on the other, it's a matter of when. But watching that unfold will be interesting.

5. Cena/Fiend was too convoluted for my taste, as was the boneyard match. When you have to have gimmick matches to hid limitations of certain individuals (ie Boneyard with Undertaker), then it's time for that individual to walk away from the business. Not a fan of either Funhouse or Boneyard, or not a fan of using Undertaker and John Cena in this matches. If they would have used Daniel Bryan instead of John Cena and Braun Stroman instead of Undertaker, these matches would have great to me.

6. Love the fact that Mac won but did they need both guys to kick out of so many finishers? Finishers are supposed to be that....a definitive end to a match. But these two guys made the F-5 and Claymore look weak.
    the is nobody better in the ring or on the mic with a better persona then charlotte... we get it you hate her but every match she has is amazing because of her.

These 5-minute and less championship matches weaken the significant of the titles to me. Thereís no drama to them. You already know the result before it happens. They could have had McIntyre just walk out and receive the title from Lesnar with a handshake and an exchange of pleasantries and it would have had the same impact as the match. See also Braun vs. Goldberg. Say what you will about the Ultimate Warrior, I realize he wasnít for everyone, but even he went 20+ with Hogan. Thatís how a title should change hands. In a meaningful way.

The NXT titles shouldnít even be on the show. Donít we have enough titles as it is? We had 9 championship matches. Thatís excessive. Iím good with an NXT title match even being the dark match before WM. It would make for an exciting crowd warm up and give some youngsters a taste of working the granddaddy of all wrestling shows, but what sense does a roster mainstay have feuding over a minor league title? Itís the equivalent of the Blues challenging for the Calder cup. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    These 5-minute and less championship matches weaken the significant of the titles to me. Thereís no drama to them. You already know the result before it happens. They could have had McIntyre just walk out and receive the title from Lesnar with a handshake and an exchange of pleasantries and it would have had the same impact as the match. See also Braun vs. Goldberg. Say what you will about the Ultimate Warrior, I realize he wasnít for everyone, but even he went 20+ with Hogan. Thatís how a title should change hands. In a meaningful way.

The NXT titles shouldnít even be on the show. Donít we have enough titles as it is? We had 9 championship matches. Thatís excessive. Iím good with an NXT title match even being the dark match before WM. It would make for an exciting crowd warm up and give some youngsters a taste of working the granddaddy of all wrestling shows, but what sense does a roster mainstay have feuding over a minor league title? Itís the equivalent of the Blues challenging for the Calder cup. It makes no sense.
    I'll at least defend Lesnar and McIntire. If you believe the reports, Brock called out Vince over doing this whole thing to begin with, and just wanted to do his match and get out of there. I can easily imagine them in front of a crowd doing a much better match over 20 minutes or so, the normal Brock match with someone. Taking it much slower than they did.

I think anyone facing Goldberg- Reigns or Stroman- would've had the same match, so I can't defend that one.

I agree about the NXT titles.

Say what you will but this was one of the better WrestleManias and maybe the best one since 30. Unfortunately its going to be remembered as the WrestleMania with no fans but the card was very good, whether the Edge/Orton match, the Undertaker/AJ boneyard match, McIntyre winning the WWE title, Strowman winning the Universal title, Otis getting the girl, etc.

you gotta have the nxt titles at mania... they are trying to make it its own brand and not just a minor leagues to the wwe which is why they sent balor there and now charlotte and reports of zayne was suppose to go there too. Since survivor series this has been their goal and its a smart one.

if they didnt push NXT this way then no wwe superstar would want to go to NXT and how they are pushing NXT as a brand up against raw or smackdown has worked massively with getting NXT names known.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you gotta have the nxt titles at mania... they are trying to make it its own brand and not just a minor leagues to the wwe which is why they sent balor there and now charlotte and reports of zayne was suppose to go there too. Since survivor series this has been their goal and its a smart one.

if they didnt push NXT this way then no wwe superstar would want to go to NXT and how they are pushing NXT as a brand up against raw or smackdown has worked massively with getting NXT names known.
    It doesnít need to be itís own brand though. Itís there, or should be there, to allow future stars to hone their craft and refine their skills before getting the big call up. Wrestling has always had enhancement talent to get those people over and a lot of guys and girls have taken on those roles with pride. The Raw/SmackDown brand split has had enough of its own issues to warrant keeping NXT as the distant 3rd as the developmental brand.

Awesome wrestlemania over all.

UT vs AJ was dope

The Fiend Vs Cena thing was kinda cool, alot of subliminal stuff there. I think their feud will continue..

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast