Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 128
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,189
    This match was about Cena's fears

    1.) His bodybuilding past

    2.) Poor debut

    3.) Failure of the rap gimmick

    4.) Turning heel like Hogan

    5.) If he made the decision to hit Bray six years ago

    6.) Leaving for Hollywood and becoming irrelevant

    Liking the depth they went if that's the case.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    It doesnít need to be itís own brand though. Itís there, or should be there, to allow future stars to hone their craft and refine their skills before getting the big call up. Wrestling has always had enhancement talent to get those people over and a lot of guys and girls have taken on those roles with pride. The Raw/SmackDown brand split has had enough of its own issues to warrant keeping NXT as the distant 3rd as the developmental brand.
    it def does need to be its own brand considering they are competing with aew now and everytime you take one of their top stars and bring them up it hurts them on a night where they are going up against aew... this is a business period and they are competing and because they are competing nxt is now on the level of raw and smackdown and it should be or wwe stars wouldnt go there and they would not keep up with aew if they lost their stars when wwe wanted to bring their top talent up... there is so much talent across the board they can now put smackdown and raw guys there to further nxt and make it 1a or 1b.... also this is hhh baby and he deserves all the credit in the world and there is 0 chance he wants NXT to be the minor leagues for raw/smackdown because its a slap in the face.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,824
    Cena's schedule should have definitely opened up with the virus halting the filming of tv shows, movies, commercials, etc. I know I'm experiencing that first hand. Haven't had work in 3 weeks lol.

    As long as John is okay with wrestling while he has some time on his hands, i could see this feud going on for a bit.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    36,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    These 5-minute and less championship matches weaken the significant of the titles to me. Thereís no drama to them. You already know the result before it happens. They could have had McIntyre just walk out and receive the title from Lesnar with a handshake and an exchange of pleasantries and it would have had the same impact as the match. See also Braun vs. Goldberg. Say what you will about the Ultimate Warrior, I realize he wasnít for everyone, but even he went 20+ with Hogan. Thatís how a title should change hands. In a meaningful way.

    The NXT titles shouldnít even be on the show. Donít we have enough titles as it is? We had 9 championship matches. Thatís excessive. Iím good with an NXT title match even being the dark match before WM. It would make for an exciting crowd warm up and give some youngsters a taste of working the granddaddy of all wrestling shows, but what sense does a roster mainstay have feuding over a minor league title? Itís the equivalent of the Blues challenging for the Calder cup. It makes no sense.
    I mean this was the plan all along. It was to coronate Drew at WrestleMania so i don't see a big deal with a predictable result. They didn't have a ton of choices. I feel bad for McIntyre in this whole thing. This was his redemption story being built following his release from WWE in 2014 and there was no crowd to cheer him on. He was super over at the Rumble.

    Can't do much about any of this. There's no definitive timetable in which you can point to and say well this feud can go on before a live crowd because the WWE will probably be playing to empty buildings for months. Honestly, the best situation for WWE is if they could take a hiatus from Raw and Smackdown but Fox and USA won't let them do that.

    At the very least they should be taping a whole bunch of programming starting this week because we don't need live shows giving these wrestlers more exposure to the virus.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-06-2020 at 05:32 AM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,806
    yup wwe is stuck right now... they cant just say welp we are shutting down.. i mean they can but fox and usa arent just gonna say cool no big deal... Fox paid a billion dollars... Vince is also stuck... the drew thing was fine... braun going over goldberg was also good because vince really had no choice... roman backed out as he should have and nobody in their right mind is gonna keep giving a goldberg millions for a 5 minute match when there is no fans in the building.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,417
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    it def does need to be its own brand considering they are competing with aew now and everytime you take one of their top stars and bring them up it hurts them on a night where they are going up against aew... this is a business period and they are competing and because they are competing nxt is now on the level of raw and smackdown and it should be or wwe stars wouldnt go there and they would not keep up with aew if they lost their stars when wwe wanted to bring their top talent up... there is so much talent across the board they can now put smackdown and raw guys there to further nxt and make it 1a or 1b.... also this is hhh baby and he deserves all the credit in the world and there is 0 chance he wants NXT to be the minor leagues for raw/smackdown because its a slap in the face.
    It doesnít need to be positioned as an equal to Raw in order to compete with AEW. A good wrestling show will stand on its own merit. People will watch, or not watch, based on the quality of it and nothing else. WWE guys went to OVW to work with the talent there, including Taker. Youíre reading far too much into it.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    47,178
    the bray/cena segment was very polarizing. I see more love for it than hate tho. I lean toward liking it personally but I just wish they gave us even 2-3 mins of a match. woulda made it AMAZING imo. Disappointed that it wasn't actually a match.

    I disagree with it making Bray look bad. I think it made him look better. The storytelling was awesome


  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    6. Love the fact that Mac won but did they need both guys to kick out of so many finishers? Finishers are supposed to be that....a definitive end to a match. But these two guys made the F-5 and Claymore look weak.
    This is one of the two things I completely and utterly hate about present day wrestling. Finishers in the sense of what they used to be donít exist anymore. They are just signature moves now with no guarantee of winning you the match.

    The other is the over-the-top-rope jumping that everyone and their grandmother is doing these days. You hardly see a match where there isnít one. It is absolute garbage.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,417
    The Wyatt/Cena stuff was just stupid. So, are we supposed to believe that we saw Cenaís hallucinations? Or that he willingly made wardrobe changes to accommodate Wyattís mind games? Garbage like this doesnít belong in wrestling. We can only be asked to suspend our disbelief so much. Iíll repeat what I said earlier, if it canít be done in front of a live audience then it shouldnít be done at all. I get that the business has long been exposed, but if youíre going to say **** kayfabe and acknowledge that everything is a work, what reason does the audience have to watch it? Magic is a work, but this kind of garbage in professional wrestling is essentially the magician explaining the illusion before he performs it. At that point, why watch?

    I like the psychological warfare angle, but I utterly despise the way they worked it. Why not have Cena get sucked in to Brayís mindgames and do this stuff on a series of Raw shows leading to WM? Jake Roberts did it to Warrior when he had him digging graves and walking through snakes. We can believe that a psychopath can influence another human being to do what he wants him to do. I can believe that Wyatt could influence Cena to put on his prototype gear and go out in front of a live audience and feel uncomfortable with himself. What I canít believe is that I basically watched a manís worst fears manifest in some alternate reality where we can see into the mind of John Cena. It isnít humanly possible and thatís why itís stupid. This could have been done really well, but it became WWEís typical ďweíre not wrassliní, weíre entertainmentĒ Kevin Dunn approved ********.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    It doesnít need to be positioned as an equal to Raw in order to compete with AEW. A good wrestling show will stand on its own merit. People will watch, or not watch, based on the quality of it and nothing else. WWE guys went to OVW to work with the talent there, including Taker. Youíre reading far too much into it.
    lol how can you be a fan and say people will watch on the quality of it? people still watch and wrestling was **** for years... there is no such thing as reading to much into it when hhh himself during survivor series said nxt is not some minor league system its its own brand... that was their goal and has been since. Charlotte/Balor/zayne furthers that. HHH had a different view point 2 plus years ago but all that changed last summer and a ton of it had to do with them squashing aew.... its its own brand and it wont just be nxt guys coming up to smackdown/raw but smackdown/raw guys going to nxt... survivor series helped make this possible. The second they say na we cant have nxt at mania you basically say goodbye to any big wwe superstar going to nxt like a balor/charlotte and future wrestlers.

    Triple H on how NXT will be its own brand: ďI think youíll see that RAW will become very much distinctly its own brand as well as SmackDown on Fox. And NXT will be its own. The ability, as time moves on, for people to move from RAW to SmackDown, and NXT to RAW or SmackDown, but also RAW or SmackDown to NXT. NXT UK will sit under that NXT banner as well, probably 205 too breathing some life into it a little bit. That creates three distinct brands that talent, over the course of their career Ė which hopefully is long Ė where they can migrate from one to the other and be reinvigorated and have fresh starts and have longer, more meaningful and lucrative careers while staying within the same company.Ē
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 04-06-2020 at 02:47 PM.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    92,290
    We can't be friends if you watched the Firefly Funhouse match and didn't love it.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,696
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    We can't be friends if you watched the Firefly Funhouse match and didn't love it.
    Agreed it was great

    Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,417
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    lol how can you be a fan and say people will watch on the quality of it? people still watch and wrestling was **** for years... there is no such thing as reading to much into it when hhh himself during survivor series said nxt is not some minor league system its its own brand... that was their goal and has been since. Charlotte/Balor/zayne furthers that. HHH had a different view point 2 plus years ago but all that changed last summer and a ton of it had to do with them squashing aew.... its its own brand and it wont just be nxt guys coming up to smackdown/raw but smackdown/raw guys going to nxt... survivor series helped make this possible. The second they say na we cant have nxt at mania you basically say goodbye to any big wwe superstar going to nxt like a balor/charlotte and future wrestlers.

    Triple H on how NXT will be its own brand: ďI think youíll see that RAW will become very much distinctly its own brand as well as SmackDown on Fox. And NXT will be its own. The ability, as time moves on, for people to move from RAW to SmackDown, and NXT to RAW or SmackDown, but also RAW or SmackDown to NXT. NXT UK will sit under that NXT banner as well, probably 205 too breathing some life into it a little bit. That creates three distinct brands that talent, over the course of their career Ė which hopefully is long Ė where they can migrate from one to the other and be reinvigorated and have fresh starts and have longer, more meaningful and lucrative careers while staying within the same company.Ē
    Other than tuning in for Wrestlemania because I enjoy the spectacle of it, I havenít watched any wrestling programming for... 10 years? And because of the direction of the business Iíll likely never be back. If you can sit through 3 hours of garbage on Raw every week, more power to you, but I canít. A lot of people who were fans at one time canít.

    How did we go from Randy Savage being bitten by a cobra in front of a horrified live audience to watching John Cena talk to puppets in PeeWeeís playhouse? Iím sorry, but itís ****ing stupid, itís embarrassing, and I canít watch it.

    So, to answer your question, no, people wonít just watch. Eventually WWE and AEW will kill off professional wrestling entirely, drive away the last of the fans, and the only ones who will be left watching will be the people who think teleporting wrestlers is the best thing theyíve ever seen, because thatís what wrestling will become.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    111,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Other than tuning in for Wrestlemania because I enjoy the spectacle of it, I havenít watched any wrestling programming for... 10 years? And because of the direction of the business Iíll likely never be back. If you can sit through 3 hours of garbage on Raw every week, more power to you, but I canít. A lot of people who were fans at one time canít.

    How did we go from Randy Savage being bitten by a cobra in front of a horrified live audience to watching John Cena talk to puppets in PeeWeeís playhouse? Iím sorry, but itís ****ing stupid, itís embarrassing, and I canít watch it.

    So, to answer your question, no, people wonít just watch. Eventually WWE and AEW will kill off professional wrestling entirely, drive away the last of the fans, and the only ones who will be left watching will be the people who think teleporting wrestlers is the best thing theyíve ever seen, because thatís what wrestling will become.
    so you just ignored the entire argument about NXT and Mania and went on a rant saying you arent a fan anymore and refuse to watch and are thinking others will follow? WWE isn't going away anytime soon so that is false... They are probably bigger then ever in terms of a global scale.. Sure the TV ratings are down but that is irrelevant because everyone's are and that comes with advancing technology... I myself only really watch the summerslam and wrestlemania season but wwe did the right thing going pg because the kids are this products future and the reason they have such sustainability

    wwe to us inst better then it was in the 90s but it makes way more money now and has a much bigger following....

    wwe was just on a call with the president about this virus like all the other major sports
    wwe has its own network and its at a point where amazon wants a piece of it for their prime streaming
    wwe just signed a billion dollar deal with fox and expects to make over 700 million in revenue from the USA Deal
    wwe in 2017 posted its highest revenue ever with 801 million in one year
    wwe is making bank off of its super shows from royalty just to have it in their country
    wwe has other NXT brands etc in other parts of the world as well

    to finish this out wwe doesn't give a **** about its old school fans and nor should they... they are catering to kids and the global market because that is where the money is and because of that they wont die out but they will continue to grow and piss off the old school fans like yourself while they focus in on the new whippersnappers that is furthering their future... love it or hate it that is your call but nobody cares lol.. wwe will likely out live most of us tbh.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,319
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    This match was about Cena's fears

    1.) His bodybuilding past

    2.) Poor debut

    3.) Failure of the rap gimmick

    4.) Turning heel like Hogan

    5.) If he made the decision to hit Bray six years ago

    6.) Leaving for Hollywood and becoming irrelevant

    Liking the depth they went if that's the case.
    Wasnít the rap gimmick his most successful?


    Vince to Gronk

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •