Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    The teams in the lottery stay in the lottery period... That shouldnt be changed

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    if there is no playoffs you cant just say everyone should have the same odds.. that is dumb and illogical... should something minor be done? sure but you cant just reward playoff teams and screw over bad teams because the season didnt finish. You basically are furthering ******** on teams that are trying to build but dont have the luxury of superstars/big markets/top cities. If you are a playoff team you have no business having a chance of being in the top 10 picks.
    There are no playoff teams! If the season is cancelled basically what happens is each team played about 60 exhibition games that stats count. Its not fair to reward bad play and penalize good play.... find a way to make the playoffs happen then sure let the lottery happen as normal.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

and there should be.... you basically screw over the warriors because they would no longer be a lottery team which i would love but its wrong. You then help out the lakers/clippers but hella screw over the bucks when all 3 teams are right there for a championship and that could kill the bucks and help the LA teams.
    Yeah for those reasons, i just dont see that happening but I do believe that the playoff teams should be rewarded in some way.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

1 through 14 is still the bottom of the league. 15 through 30 can figure something out. But there is zero logical reason the Lakers or Bucks should have any shot at landing the number 1 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    There are no playoff teams! If the season is cancelled basically what happens is each team played about 60 exhibition games that stats count. Its not fair to reward bad play and penalize good play.... find a way to make the playoffs happen then sure let the lottery happen as normal.
    it doesnt matter... the season still happened... if you are gonna get rid of the season happening then lets demand trades that happened be reversed etc... in no world is it fair for the lakers/bucks/sixers/clippers/jazz/celtics/raptors to even remotely have a shot at a lottery pick let alone the same chances... its horrid for basketball and further screws over trying to have parity in this league and it would never pass.

so if we use the theory of the last 3 seasons the warriors would get **** over for being good... the bucks would get **** over for being good and the nets with a durant/kyrie coming would be in the lottery most likely and the lakers/clippers/mavs would be in the top 18... totally legit... again this ***** all over the bucks whom are right there with the lakers/clippers because a top 18 pick compared to the 30th pick could be a must at giving the nudge of winning a championship.

Clippers should get their pick back for an expiring morris

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    100 percent if they were to mess with the draft this should happen... neither will... people just look at 1 area. If they mess with draft picks all trades should be reversed... you cant have it one way.

The lottery should be unaffected if the season is canceled there is no justification for the elite teams to have the same odds as the worst. The whole point of the lottery is to have parity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it doesnt matter... the season still happened... if you are gonna get rid of the season happening then lets demand trades that happened be reversed etc... in no world is it fair for the lakers/bucks/sixers/clippers/jazz/celtics/raptors to even remotely have a shot at a lottery pick let alone the same chances... its horrid for basketball and further screws over trying to have parity in this league and it would never pass.
    Part of the season happened, not the whole thing. Reward teams that suck by keeping the draft the same and screw over the good teams for not having a playoffs, got it.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

I'm trying to figure out how good teams get screwed by keeping the draft the same.

1-14 is lottery of the 14 worst records. 16-30 is based on regular season record. Unless someone saying "good teams gets screwed" says that all the time or honestly thinks a 3-4 seed would plummet all the way out of the playoffs with 20-30 games left, you are talking out your ***. The only real "damage" is 7-8-9-10 seed areas.

Even at that:
    EAST (3 teams already clinched playoff births)
    7) BKN --- (8.5 back of 6 seed)
    8) ORL 0.5 (9 back of 6 seed)
    9) WSH 6 (14.5 back of 6 seed)
    10) CHA 7.5 (16 back of 6 seed)

WEST (1 team clinched)
    7) DAL --- (1.5 back of 5/6 seed)
    8) MEM 7 (8.5 back of 5/6 seed)
    9) POR 10.5 (12 back of 5/6 seed)
    9) NO 10.5 (12 back of 5/6 seed)
    9) SAC 10.5 (12 back of 5/6 seed)

I think these are some of the "cleanest" breaks I've seen in a long time at the bottom of both conferences that ending it early actually makes sense.

But if you are that convinced that when there's a playoffs good teams don't get screwed and they are getting screwed now, I got beachfront property in Kansas for you.

Denver made out good with this. They weren’t ready to compete with the top. We were also headed down hill.

Beasley traded when we knew he was going to walk. We get a first round pick in the process. Plumlee walks and Bol Bol steps in. MPJ can get his body ready for 20 minutes a night.

Now the question is Millsap vs Grant.

With the season likely done in my opinion, as this long break has messed things up. I think the lottery teams have significantly better odds but also feel it would be best if every team has odds of moving up. Playoff teams as of now can’t move any higher than 10 with the top teams like the Bucks and Lakers making it extreme long shots to move up. Next year will be wild. The Lakers, Clippers are elite. GS will be elite with a top pick coming in. Houston is unique. Denver is just young with a balanced roster. Utah can do wonders. Dallas can build a contender. And the west that aren’t contenders now but many are building solid rosters. Portland is getting Nurkic back as he makes them better than what many tend to believe.

Also S/O Beasley, he was a better pick up than Russell. Minnesota has a fun roster.

This might be the best conference we will see in NBA history from seeds 1-8 out west.

If we were using the wheel or the team drafting strategies to stop tanking this would not even be a discussion.

The wheel is the worst idea ever proposed and I will fight on that.

The team drafting idea is almost just as bad. Teams would be working to actively sabotage each other.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast