Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Barring an unforeseen turn of events, many NBA owners, executives and National Basketball Players Association elders believe commissioner Adam Silver will greenlight the return to play in June ó*with games expected to resume sometime before the end of July, sources said.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    MTM the Chris Broussard of PSD.

yet i was the one saying from the beginning when people said this was just the flu that it was far bigger... check the nba area and corona virus threads where i continually laugh at the idiots that wanted sports above actual peoples health.... thoughts?questions?concerns? Should we call out the nba/mlb morons who thought stop the ******** this is the swine flu? 93000 deaths later thoughts?

say what you want but they better pray that 1 player doesnt test positive because as soon as that player does nomatter what silver is currently spewing this league is toast again... like every league... its not even genius its logical dude... i know you hate logic and i am sorry you would rather see your sports while giving no ****s over the people this hurts but id rather we be more safe over more sorry.

here is the thread when the nba shutdown... check my posts genius...go ahead i will wait. I was saying even before that how big this was while nobody listened and everybody that did laughed... i said we wouldnt have sports for months... now we have a country so in hurt because of their economy that they are force opening which wont last... i even stated we will get baseball mid season maybe..... SHOCKER I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THAT AS WELL.... The second someone tests positive it will be shut down. If the NBA can keep players/families isolated maybe they have a chance but again its doubtful.

here is the thread

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...uspended/page2
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 05-21-2020 at 05:04 AM.

i was trying to post my posts from the other thread to shut this clown up but it didnt work... oh well

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Iím going to reserve judgment until the plan is in place (not that it matters) but just get to the playoffs and cut the rest of this stuff out. Maybe have a quick tournament of the fringe teams to see who gets in.......let me check the standings.....meh. The Wiz are 6 games back from 8th and the Blazers are 3 games back. Just call it as is.

I know they want their money but there wonít be fans for awhile and surely the tv money can be prorated after the current deal expires.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 05-21-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Iím going to reserve judgment until the plan is in place (not that it matters) but just get to the playoffs and cut the rest of this stuff out. Maybe have a quick tournament of the fringe teams to see who gets in.......let me check the standings.....meh. The Wiz are 6 games back from 8th and the Blazers are 3 games back. Just call it as is.

I know they want their money but there wonít be fans for awhile and surely the tv money can be prorated after the current deal expires.
    I think part of it too though would be so all the teams have a few warmup type games to get back in the flow of playing before the playoffs start.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

yet i was the one saying from the beginning when people said this was just the flu that it was far bigger... check the nba area and corona virus threads where i continually laugh at the idiots that wanted sports above actual peoples health.... thoughts?questions?concerns? Should we call out the nba/mlb morons who thought stop the ******** this is the swine flu? 93000 deaths later thoughts?

say what you want but they better pray that 1 player doesnt test positive because as soon as that player does nomatter what silver is currently spewing this league is toast again... like every league... its not even genius its logical dude... i know you hate logic and i am sorry you would rather see your sports while giving no ****s over the people this hurts but id rather we be more safe over more sorry.

here is the thread when the nba shutdown... check my posts genius...go ahead i will wait. I was saying even before that how big this was while nobody listened and everybody that did laughed... i said we wouldnt have sports for months... now we have a country so in hurt because of their economy that they are force opening which wont last... i even stated we will get baseball mid season maybe..... SHOCKER I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THAT AS WELL.... The second someone tests positive it will be shut down. If the NBA can keep players/families isolated maybe they have a chance but again its doubtful.

here is the thread

Like I've been saying since day 1 ... for the NBA it's not about illness or death, it's all about PR. If the NBA decides they are going to re-start then they have to have a plan in advance for when a positive test comes in. If the plan for a positive test is a shutdown they might as well not start because a positive test WILL come back. So my guess is that if they decide to start then they won't stop for a positive test, they will try to manage the PR of it.

That is IF they do decide to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Like I've been saying since day 1 ... for the NBA it's not about illness or death, it's all about PR. If the NBA decides they are going to re-start then they have to have a plan in advance for when a positive test comes in. If the plan for a positive test is a shutdown they might as well not start because a positive test WILL come back. So my guess is that if they decide to start then they won't stop for a positive test, they will try to manage the PR of it.

That is IF they do decide to start.
    i dont know if having a plan will work... players will agree now but that is now... things get different and real once **** hits the fan.

Example- 1 player tests positive... lets say its sixers/celtics and ben simmons tests positive in game 3 of the playoffs... well now both teams need to be quarantined for 14 days what now happens with the playoffs? it wouldn't be an issue if they could just quarantine ben simmons but that isnt and wont be allowed considering you now set bad precedent to all the people watching who the country is begging to stay in and away from people if exposed... so now do you wait the 14 days and restart this round while making the winner of the raptors/bucks wait probably 3 weeks before their next game?

the only way this works is if 0 players test positive and they get these playoffs done asap.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I think part of it too though would be so all the teams have a few warmup type games to get back in the flow of playing before the playoffs start.
    Yeah. Thatís a good point that I forgot about. In-season pre-season.

they should just cancel the season. it's gonna be such a long pause between march 11th, and the restart, that it'll be like a new season, and the champion will not seem legit. plus like others have said, if someone tests positive, then the whole team has gotta quarantine at least 14 days? just forget it until december. some vaccines should be available by then

that said, i do think they'll restart in july, for sure

i dont know if having a plan will work... players will agree now but that is now... things get different and real once **** hits the fan.

Example- 1 player tests positive... lets say its sixers/celtics and ben simmons tests positive in game 3 of the playoffs... well now both teams need to be quarantined for 14 days what now happens with the playoffs? it wouldn't be an issue if they could just quarantine ben simmons but that isnt and wont be allowed considering you now set bad precedent to all the people watching who the country is begging to stay in and away from people if exposed... so now do you wait the 14 days and restart this round while making the winner of the raptors/bucks wait probably 3 weeks before their next game?

the only way this works is if 0 players test positive and they get these playoffs done asap.
    And there is virtually no chance nobody involved tests positive since they are not going to isolate players from families and the families will have some support structure in whatever hotel they are in, and on and on. It seems incredibly unlikely they will be able to go 4 months with 0 positives.

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    they should just cancel the season. it's gonna be such a long pause between march 11th, and the restart, that it'll be like a new season, and the champion will not seem legit. plus like others have said, if someone tests positive, then the whole team has gotta quarantine at least 14 days? just forget it until december. some vaccines should be available by then

that said, i do think they'll restart in july, for sure
    That's the thing, if they plan to re-start they have to plan to continue even if there is a positive test. Because a stoppage again is a total failure.

New reports

That's the thing, if they plan to re-start they have to plan to continue even if there is a positive test. Because a stoppage again is a total failure.

here is the thread

Don't be mad, you were wrong even if you "GUARANTEED that the NBA season will never resume", the point was never about if it was right or not, the point was that the NBA season would resume eventually, period.

This, and I hope they did, if not you're right.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast