Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Some non-essential businesses have been able to stay open as long as they are allowing 10 or fewer patrons of the store in at a time.
    Correct. Forgot to mention that. As long as they can adhere to social distancing. It's strange that Golf Galaxy is open, but you can't get a haircut.

EDIT:
    Basically on the surface our stay at home order seems like the most oppressive due to the "end date" but it's really not that bad.

DOUBLE EDIT: I also think part of the reason that our state's restrictions are viewed as bad as they are is due to the fact that indoor gun ranges were deemed non-essential, and we also got the bill with background checks passed at the same time. So our stay at home order got a very political spin to it because of this.
    Last edited by warfelg; 04-27-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Our June 10th thing is a little misleading. As of right now small non-essential businesses can start opening May 8th.

June 10th was derived from the initial state of emergency declaration. It was put into effect March 10th for 90 days...which is June 10th. The Governor can lift it at any time if he chooses.

Itís actually the Wizards who fare the worse. Maryland/DC is ďindefiniteĒ stay at home order.
    When I looked into it in Texas it turns out the governor here can only have shelter orders last a week which the legislature can extend to 30 days. That really cleared up for me why they were slow to get the shelter started. The order to close businesses was sort of wedged into the hurricane/tornado response laws. That 30 days expired last week and the state immediately started the process of opening up again. At this point we are in a legal grey area but nobody seems to be fighting that hard. The city of Austin is being more conservative.

Really reading into it though itís a little bit misleading or false hope. They are opening up for individual workouts. No team workouts or partner workouts. They are unsure when theyíll open up workouts more. And we could really quickly go back to square one on this.
    Don't crush my dreams war, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    When I looked into it in Texas it turns out the governor here can only have shelter orders last a week which the legislature can extend to 30 days. That really cleared up for me why they were slow to get the shelter started. The order to close businesses was sort of wedged into the hurricane/tornado response laws. That 30 days expired last week and the state immediately started the process of opening up again. At this point we are in a legal grey area but nobody seems to be fighting that hard. The city of Austin is being more conservative.
    Yea, it's so much a state by state case.

Take PA for example:
    Philadelphia County and Allegheny County (Philly and Pittsburgh) have the strictest orders, while the remainder of the state isn't as strict. Last I heard some of the counties around Philly aren't as strict, and many of the players/coaches live in Bucks County (just outside of Philly County). So the players that live there can more around a little more than players that live in the city.

I think I get what Silver is trying to do here: Not every player has access to a court, a rim, or even a gym to dribble in. So by letting them go into the facility to work out, it can do a few things:
    1 - level the playing field to everyone being able to do something
    2 - It prevents the possibility from players going to some place not using proper cleaning techniques
    3 - It gives some hope to everyone, even if they don't play

Yes some states are loosening restrictions, but some states are still so strict I think it's going to be a struggle to get all the players together in the same place. This is just a way to help it out some. I still think finishing the regular season is a bit of a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Don't crush my dreams war, lol
    Not trying to crush dreams, lol. Just trying to keep some perspective. My $0.02 take is we should all act like nothing will happen and be surprised when it does rather than hope something happens and be disappointed when it doesn't.

Correct. Forgot to mention that. As long as they can adhere to social distancing. It's strange that Golf Galaxy is open, but you can't get a haircut.

EDIT:
    Basically on the surface our stay at home order seems like the most oppressive due to the "end date" but it's really not that bad.

DOUBLE EDIT: I also think part of the reason that our state's restrictions are viewed as bad as they are is due to the fact that indoor gun ranges were deemed non-essential, and we also got the bill with background checks passed at the same time. So our stay at home order got a very political spin to it because of this.
    Agreed, that and also the opposing party of our Governor primary elections were scheduled for June 9th. So that as well as the things you mentioned raised some questions as to why he picked a date so far out.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Not trying to crush dreams, lol. Just trying to keep some perspective. My $0.02 take is we should all act like nothing will happen and be surprised when it does rather than hope something happens and be disappointed when it doesn't.
    Haha ik man just giving ya some grief.

On a real note, did you read/hear if that order will include guys getting treatment too or just strictly individual court and/or weight work?

Haha ik man just giving ya some grief.

On a real note, did you read/hear if that order will include guys getting treatment too or just strictly individual court and/or weight work?
    I didnít see anything on treatment or weight work. Itís kinda vague in how itís written.

I didnít see anything on treatment or weight work. Itís kinda vague in how itís written.
    Maybe the commissioner will add some clarification before Friday.

Maybe the commissioner will add some clarification before Friday.
    I hope so. It really was written to sound like the idea is the gym is open and players have to schedule times to be in the gym so they can't be there at the same time. Basically it's a chance to just let guys get in and get up shots. My $0.02 take is the NBPA pushed back that some players are throwing up some shady practice situations and I guess that the NBPA just wants to make sure players are safe.

Yea, it's so much a state by state case.

Take PA for example:
    Philadelphia County and Allegheny County (Philly and Pittsburgh) have the strictest orders, while the remainder of the state isn't as strict. Last I heard some of the counties around Philly aren't as strict, and many of the players/coaches live in Bucks County (just outside of Philly County). So the players that live there can more around a little more than players that live in the city.

I think I get what Silver is trying to do here: Not every player has access to a court, a rim, or even a gym to dribble in. So by letting them go into the facility to work out, it can do a few things:
    1 - level the playing field to everyone being able to do something
    2 - It prevents the possibility from players going to some place not using proper cleaning techniques
    3 - It gives some hope to everyone, even if they don't play

Yes some states are loosening restrictions, but some states are still so strict I think it's going to be a struggle to get all the players together in the same place. This is just a way to help it out some. I still think finishing the regular season is a bit of a pipe dream.
    I think some places have restrictions on driving too, so travel longer distances in general could be an issue, though they could say they are travelling for work which may get past most restrictions.

My guess is it's intentional. The NBA as a whole doesn't want to be telling every player what they can and can't do based on the restrictions of the town/county/state where each individual player lives. 2 players on one team may have wildly different rules they are living under.

Yikes. Yeah a couple of you alluded to that.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast